Washington Post Expose on Mehta - The Juicy Details

IndianaJet

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's good that Manish is gone but I can't help but notice how the team has money for a white shoe law firm conducting an internal investigation but they can't find the money to pay for players. And I'm not talking Adams.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

We've been paying 2 GMs and 2 HCs for what, 10 years?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's good that Manish is gone but I can't help but notice how the team has money for a white shoe law firm conducting an internal investigation but they can't find the money to pay for players. And I'm not talking Adams.

Mannish got fired for being a jerk and rightfully so. The Jets hired Adam Gase, but found enough coin for a 2k an hour firm to write up a dossier on Manish.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

On Sunday, the Jets fell to 0-13, after allowing a long touchdown pass in the game’s waning seconds. On Monday, they fired their defensive coordinator. On Tuesday, the Daily News ran a big Jets spread under the byline “Daily News Sports Desk.” On Thursday, Mehta was gone.

We fell to 0-13?
Your first big article, Ben, and you’re going to bust a rookie mistake like this?!

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Mannish got fired for being a jerk and rightfully so. The Jets hired Adam Gase, but found enough coin for a 2k an hour firm to write up a dossier on Manish.

He wasn't fired he was removed from the beet. Not sure why they won't get rid of this guy. Nothing but issues for a decade. 

• WTF? 1

Who did I want them to pay? Matt Rhule

That 100 million spend was to get them above the floor

The team hasn't spent to the salary cap since Rex and they have not handed out a second deal since mo Wilkerson

Todd Bowles by the way was getting paid peanuts by hc standards and the Jets get a refund from TB hiring him at DC

Put it another way they are paying this lawfirm an assistant coach salary to pursue a grudge

This isn't fair IMO.  We have a state of the art training facility, we are 2 years removed from spending 100 million + in free agency, we are still paying Todd Bowles, etc.
Who did you want them to pay?  Leonard Williams?  We finally have an adult in the room in Joe D.  All of the 1 year contracts look great now - I am a firm believer that Joe D. got one look at Sam Darnold and knew he couldn't build a team around him.  If you look at the moves he's made with this lense, it should give us all great hope for the future because he will now have the QB of his choice plus 3 additional 1st round picks plus the most cap space in the league to build this team the right way.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Pray tell us who the "truth tellers" are. Last time you simply dismissed "the media." Now you seem to be peddling an agenda. 

Woody is extremely sensitive how the team is covered by the media. I am glad the media is rough on the team when they suck.

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Lots of stuff we knew, lots of detail that we didn't.

Basically, confirmation that Mehta is a scumbag and that the NYDN knew it but ignored it for years.

Well this confirms what was pretty much already known. He was abrasive. But this isn't really breaking anything new. 

Sounds like Seth Walder could have piled on, as the other beat reporters could have, but most of them are staying quiet.

So Manish is gone and life will go on. Good recap in this article but I felt like there was going to be more to this. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Well this confirms what was pretty much already known. He was abrasive. But this isn't really breaking anything new. 

Sounds like Seth Walder could have piled on, as the other beat reporters could have, but most of them are staying quiet.

So Manish is gone and life will go on. Good recap in this article but I felt like there was going to be more to this. 

Probably why the article was delayed. Some of it was probably hearsay and unsubstantiated innuendo that could not be proven. WaPo likely covering their asses, as they should.

Bottom line of this, the DN knew exactly what they had, how he was operating and just shrugged their shoulders. They are as culpable as Mehta is, and as nasty. Truth and objectivity be damned. 

For me, now every Mehta story is tainted and non-believable. Everything he touched has to be questioned.

• Upvote 4