Jump to content

Washington Post Expose on Mehta - The Juicy Details


IndianaJet
 Share

Recommended Posts

Usually, when someone loses their job because they are a POS it’s enough of a kick in the balls...I can’t say it’s enough for Manish Mehta. As we used to say on the block, “someone should put hands on em.”

I have a massive disdain for MM. I would refrain from clicking his material and even try not to engage on threads here for the last couple years with or regarding his content. I also decided I wouldn’t support the JN podcast due to their relationship with him. I am glad he’s gone...I will sip scotch and puff a cohiba gleefully tonight.
 

Amusing that the Washington Post is guilty of the exact same practices they are throwing shade at NYDN for...but they always end up eating their own, don’t they?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the sad thing is most of the reporters basically make up their "news".  it's sports after all and really doesn't compare to news about way more important things in life.  but when the reporter practically bribes their way into the facility or threatens other writers then a line has been crossed.  good riddance to the twerp.  maybe now the jets will get more objective coverage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is cherry picking data from the last complete 4 year cba cycle

Do it from 2009 I'd be more impressed

So you wanted Ruhle and magically and without proof the Jets just didnt want to pay him.  
Todd Bowles was the top coordinator the year he was hired.  It was widely reported the Falcons were interested and the Jets moved quickly to avoid losing him.  You have to be a total idiot if youre Bowles or his agent to accept peanuts as the hot coaching assistant, especially with another team still looking for a HC and supposedly interested.  Pure fantasy, no one would accept peanuts under those conditions.  
As for the getting to the floor, once again:
NFL insider notes: Cowboys have spent the least on payroll since 2016
OK, are you ready? Here are the actual bottom spenders, culled from NFLPA salary numbers, over that span (rounded to the nearest thousand).
Cowboys: $634,379,000
Texans: $646,479,000
Bills: $648,442,000
Colts$654,999,000
Chargers: $658,299,000
Ravens: $678,220,000
Browns$687,708,000
That is your bottom 20 percent in spending in the league in that time frame.  The average NFL team spent $703 million on payroll in that span.  Not seeing our Jets in the bottom 20%.  
But I get your outrage that they would spend money to keep their players and management from being harassed and bullied by a overzealous reporter.  I mean thats your argument that theyre cheap, that they spent to protect themselves, the CS, their GM and their players from harassment? The logic is mind numbing 
1356624056_ScreenShot2020-12-12at9_29_28AM.thumb.png.d960f00c6bddd45d30567e9dacd57d0f.png
 


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/12/2020 at 11:38 AM, bitonti said:

This is cherry picking data from the last complete 4 year cba cycle

Do it from 2009 I'd be more impressed

 


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

 

Cherry picking data like payroll the last 5 years or payouts this past season?  You do it from 2009, youre the one whining about something without a shred of evidence, from the nonsense about not wanting to pay Rhule, McCarthy or what was paid to Bowles on down youre just making it up as you go along.  @moggles did it from 09.  Those two years you want in order to convince you is just another example of how desperate and bad your argument is

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Daily News looks awful in this, as they should. They did an AWFUL job, and honestly don't deserve to have anyone credentialed to cover the team for a year or two. Their inaction and their disregard for the credential issue suggests they haven't earned a seat at the table.

Florio's piece in PFT is typical Mike Florio trash, too. He essentially accuses the Jets of doing this because Mehta was writing negative pieces about the Jets. 

1. Mike, think you might be a bit biased because you've regularly had Mehta on your show?

2. Not sure you've noticed this, but EVERY writer bashes the Jets, repeatedly. Only one of them had his credentials yanked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

The Daily News looks awful in this, as they should. They did an AWFUL job, and honestly don't deserve to have anyone credentialed to cover the team for a year or two. Their inaction and their disregard for the credential issue suggests they haven't earned a seat at the table.

Florio's piece in PFT is typical Mike Florio trash, too. He essentially accuses the Jets of doing this because Mehta was writing negative pieces about the Jets. 

1. Mike, think you might be a bit biased because you've regularly had Mehta on your show?

2. Not sure you've noticed this, but EVERY writer bashes the Jets, repeatedly. Only one of them had his credentials yanked.

The Daily-News is trash and Star-Ledger kisses the NY Giants asses. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Jets winless hopeless and dkless is all the evidence that I need

What's your case that they are trying? Lamar Jackson at CB1? Bryce Huff at rush de?

They are starting street free agents as starters and they are going to be a 100 million under next year's cap

Cherry picking data like payroll the last 5 years or payouts this past season?  You do it from 2009, youre the one whining about something without a shred of evidence, from the nonsense about not wanting to pay Rhule, McCarthy or what was paid to Bowles on down youre just making it up as you go along.
• NFL payroll by team | Statista.webarchive


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Jets winless hopeless and dkless is all the evidence that I need

What's your case that they are trying? Lamar Jackson at CB1? Bryce Huff at rush de?

They are starting street free agents as starters and they are going to be a 100 million under next year's cap

 


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

 

Open your mind and accept that they were blowing this up in order to start from scratch and rebuild.  A boatload of cap space and draft picks and a team can move forward, its not hard to figure out what the plan is. 

Yeah, theyre going to have $100 mil to spend in a offseason where teams now have to scramble to get under the new reduced cap. Dumb assed Jets actually may have played it right for once.

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Jets winless hopeless and dkless is all the evidence that I need

What's your case that they are trying? Lamar Jackson at CB1? Bryce Huff at rush de?

They are starting street free agents as starters and they are going to be a 100 million under next year's cap

 


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

 

Ignoring the context of why those players are starting (and the majority of my post disproving you) is, literally, the definition of cherry-picking.

You have no evidence.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Open your mind and accept that they were blowing this up in order to start from scratch and rebuild.  A boatload of cap space and draft picks and a team can move forward, its not hard to figure out what the plan is. 

Yeah, theyre going to have $100 mil to spend in a offseason where teams now have to scramble to get under the new reduced cap. Dumb assed Jets actually may have played it right for once.

 

There are no facts to back to the claim that is being made. No point in arguing, this brings me back to JI when I was getting a lecture that the 40 had no correlation to explosiveness (not even the ten yard split) and Terrence Cody was going to be kris jenkins. There was also no factual basis for that, just a lot of loud feelings...

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Open your mind and accept that they were blowing this up in order to start from scratch and rebuild.  A boatload of cap space and draft picks and a team can move forward, its not hard to figure out what the plan is. 

Yeah, theyre going to have $100 mil to spend in a offseason where teams now have to scramble to get under the new reduced cap. Dumb assed Jets actually may have played it right for once.

 

No one tanks on purpose not even JD. Everyone has draft picks. Cap space is fungable the Saints are routinely over and then Brees retires and they aren't. 

Only Jets fans talk about cap space like it's a 401k 

btw look at the list of next year FA and dont even think they will find a way to spend 100 mil 

there's no premium pass rushers, maybe they find a corner but Allen Robinson/JUJU isn't exactly game changers 

tank to get rid of Gase? OK

tank for Trevor? Sure

thats the easy part the hard part comes when they have to start trying again and everyone realizes losing every game is a hard habit to break 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

and dont even think they will find a way to spend 100 mil 

there's no premium pass rushers, maybe they find a corner but Allen Robinson/JUJU isn't exactly a reason to tank 

I didn't know teams tanked for Free Agency? 

Tanking for the draft? Yes. 

Tanking for Free Agency? I've never heard that before that's a first for me...

PS: There are some awesome FA WRs and very good O-Lineman @ two key positions of needs...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, bitonti said:

No one tanks on purpose not even JD. Everyone has draft picks. Cap space is fungable the Saints are routinely over and then Brees retires and they aren't. 

Only Jets fans talk about cap space like it's a 401k 

btw look at the list of next year FA and dont even think they will find a way to spend 100 mil 

there's no premium pass rushers, maybe they find a corner but Allen Robinson/JUJU isn't exactly game changers 

tank to get rid of Gase? OK

tank for Trevor? Sure

thats the easy part the hard part comes when they have to start trying again and everyone realizes losing every game is a hard habit to break 

No they just didnt fill positions of need when they had boat loads of cap space.

We must have hired the dumbest bastard in the room, he couldn't find a single WR, RB, OL anyone when we need anyone to fill those spots with all that available cap space.

I agree 🙄

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

“No one tanks on purpose”

Nah, the Colts rolled out the star studded depth chart of Kerry Collins, Curtis Painter, and Dan Orlovsky in 2011 because they “give us the best chance to win”.  They knew about Peytons condition for months, well before free agency and the 2011 draft, and decided “Yeah, this will get the job done.”

Curtis Painter.  8 games.

Dan Orlovsky.  5 games.

The best QB on their roster, Kerry Collins, was benched for Painter after only 3 games.  

LOL.  Yeah, they were trying to win alright.

I’m sure the Jags are benching their best QB for Mike Glennon and shutting down all of their better players, particularly in the secondary, to gain a competitive edge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah OK sure

They tank
They get luck
No line
Andrew luck retires early
Their 2020 team is stacked at every position but qb

How is this a success story about tanking?



“No one tanks on purpose”
Nah, the Colts rolled out the star studded depth chart of Kerry Collins, Curtis Painter, and Dan Orlovsky in 2011 because they “give us the best chance to win”.  They knew about Peytons condition for months, well before free agency and the 2011 draft, and decided “Yeah, this will get the job done.”
Curtis Painter.  8 games.
Dan Orlovsky.  5 games.
The best QB on their roster, Kerry Collins, was benched for Painter after only 3 games.  
LOL.  Yeah, they were trying to win alright.
I’m sure the Jags are benching their best QB for Mike Glennon and shutting down all of their better players, particularly in the secondary, to gain a competitive edge.


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yeah OK sure

They tank
They get luck
No line
Andrew luck retires early
Their 2020 team is stacked at every position but qb

How is this a success story about tanking?

So you concede that the Colts did indeed facilitate a tank.   Injuries ruin almost any potential success story in the NFL.  Applying it to this is convenient as you can apply it to any NFL "strategy".

Stop with the irrelevant straw man args already.  You do it all the time.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Look at my post.  It goes all the way back to 2011. Jets were 2nd in the league in money spent on players.

Stop cherry picking money spent on only the last 9 years.  

Best part is arguing against numbers that say hes wrong is all these month, years that hes made these baseless claims he hasnt come up with a list like we have to dispute what the numbers, what we're saying.  

Doesnt take into account, the record amount for the time that he spent to buy the team, the record amount he paid for a practice facility, the then ridiculous amount spent on the stadium.  

But hes going to scrimp on a couple of million wherever bit sees fit to argue $$

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yeah OK sure

They tank
They get luck
No line
Andrew luck retires early
Their 2020 team is stacked at every position but qb

How is this a success story about tanking?
 

 

All of which while true has absolutely nothing to do with @Mogglez point that they tanked for Luck after you said no one ever tanks.

But do try to confuse matters.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok let's assume the colts tanked for the sake of argument. I deny that it was such a great idea and I'm not sure it could ever work

The origin of the word is from the NBA where there are 5 starters and 13 man roster. Nfl has 22 starters and a 53 man roster

In the NBA one player like LeBron can change everything. In the NFL building the program is more important than drafting high

The ravens didn't need to be at 1 to get Lamar the chiefs didn't need to be at 1 to get Mahomes

They just had to make smart decisions

So you concede that the Colts did indeed facilitate a tank.   Injuries ruin almost any potential success story in the NFL.  Applying it to this is convenient as you can apply it to any NFL "strategy".
Stop with the irrelevant straw man args already.  You do it all the time.


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app



Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Ok let's assume the colts tanked for the sake of argument. I deny that it was such a great idea and I'm not sure it could ever work

The origin of the word is from the NBA where there are 5 starters and 13 man roster. Nfl has 22 starters and a 53 man roster

In the NBA one player like LeBron can change everything. In the NFL building the program is more important than drafting high

The ravens didn't need to be at 1 to get Lamar the chiefs didn't need to be at 1 to get Mahomes

They just had to make smart decisions
 

 


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app


 

 

All true but this is a year where there’s a talent available at 1 that can compensate for the Jets years of bad decisions. Or at least that’s the hope.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Ok let's assume the colts tanked for the sake of argument. I deny that it was such a great idea and I'm not sure it could ever work


The origin of the word is from the NBA where there are 5 starters and 13 man roster. Nfl has 22 starters and a 53 man roster

In the NBA one player like LeBron can change everything. In the NFL building the program is more important than drafting high

The ravens didn't need to be at 1 to get Lamar the chiefs didn't need to be at 1 to get Mahomes

They just had to make smart decisions
 

 


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app


 

 

Kind of ended in the first 6 words of your reply

While basketball isnt football and football has 33 starters, not 22, QB is still the most important position in all of sports.  A single baseball player has more impact on a 5 man unit, everyone gets this but it doesnt change the fact that a good QB is requirement for winning in football, especially in todays game

But do argue against it with the basketball argument or whatever

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The idea that all the bad things can be washed away by a long haired handsome savior is a popular one in this world, very successful message over time

I'm skeptical about that too

All true but this is a year where there’s a talent available at 1 that can compensate for the Jets years of bad decisions. Or at least that’s the hope.


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app


Link to comment
Share on other sites

The colts / Andrew luck situation suggests that no matter how good a qb prospect is coming out, a lack of infrastructure could ultimately ruin him


Kind of ended in the first 6 words of your reply
While basketball isnt football and football has 33 starters, not 22, QB is still the most important position in all of sports.  A single baseball player has more impact on a 5 man unit, everyone gets this but it doesnt change the fact that a good QB is requirement for winning in football, especially in todays game
But do argue against it with the basketball argument or whatever
 


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

Yeah OK sure

They tank
They get luck
No line
Andrew luck retires early
Their 2020 team is stacked at every position but qb

How is this a success story about tanking?


 

 


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

 

Lmao, the point was that teams do tank.  I don’t care about your opinion on whether or not it’s a good idea.  That’s not what I was saying.

Thank you for obliterating your own argument, once again.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Lmao, the point was that teams do tank.

Thank you for obliterating your own argument, once again.

Ok so you don't care if tanking is successful

you just care that the Colts did it once and the Browns did it once and neither of them won jack squat from it 

look at the list of super bowl winners i don't think there's an actual tank team on there since the Aikman era Cowboys 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Ok so you don't care if tanking is successful

you just care that the Colts did it once and the Browns did it once and neither of them won jack squat from it 

look at the list of super bowl winners i don't think there's an actual tank team on there since the Aikman era Cowboys 

No.  I don’t care.  That’s not what was being discussed.  Stop moving the goalposts because you invalidated your own argument.

The Colts went from 2-14 to 11-5 after drafting luck.  They f*cked up at surrounding him with talent because they hired an abhorrent GM AFTER tanking.  Their problems regarding Luck have absolutely nothing to do with what they did in 2011 to ensure that they got him.  If they hired Chris Ballard in 2012, Luck would still be in the NFL, lighting it up, and making every single Colts fan happy that they tanked in 2011.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...