When did you know Coach Gase was not the answer?

AtticusGase

37 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

When they hired him in Miami

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

A quick gut check I do to try to ensure objectivity about a Jets move is ask myself, “If the Fins hired/signed this guy would I be worried or laugh?” So yeah. Insta-vomit on Gase hire.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The only two HC hires I was excited about in the last 25 years were Parcells and Rex.  That's it.  All the rest were disappointments to me from Day 1 and I never really warmed up to any of them after that.  It just took Gase less time than any of the others to piss me off.  And that's a high bar.

Plus the process was like Bugs Bunny swinging at the same pitch 3 times. All the real candidates gave Woody/Macc the finger and then the team tried to make it seem like Gase was some revelation.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Nixhead said:

I thought Gase might have done a half decent job in Miami - wanted basically anyone but Bowles at the time - but I was wrong. After that 1st press conference I started to question the hiring and it’s been basically downhill since. 

You can be forgiven every HC since Groh has basically been a cycle of wanting him fired only to want him back after we see the replacement Woody drags in 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Gase was not the answer before we hired him. We watched him for three years in Miami be unlikable, unoriginal, and have no leadership qualities. Tannehill was better before he got there and we were sold on a Quarterback whisper. What? that made no sense. However If we are going on jets career, it was the Monday night new england game. How could a team look so ill prepared and make no adjustments in primetime for a huge game. 

• Upvote 1

I was willing to give him a chance once hired seeing that this was the first time that the Johnsons actually hired an experienced head coach and not some flavour of the month coordinator like they’ve done numerous time in the past.

But I knew he wasn’t the answer once the Bills overcame a 16 point 2nd half deficit and embarrassed us on our home field.

The champagne is on ice waiting to be opened come black Monday.

2 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I talked myself into giving this a$$hole a chance when he was hired but this press conference threw up red flags. Never felt confident since 

I agree the press conference was the first time i knew it was a bad match. I will wish Adam well when he is canned in 3 weeks time.