The Knicks are back

BROOKLYN JET

15 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Disaster of a 3rd quarter. Let’s get this sh*t together and win. 

Once Quickley went down, ball movement stopped and pace slowed. Bullock was on fire first half as was RJ. Randle was an assist machine in first half as well. Didn’t catch the 4th quarter but the 3rd was terrible. 

• Upvote 3

On 12/24/2020 at 6:40 PM, 32EBoozer said:

Once Quickley went down, ball movement stopped and pace slowed. Bullock was on fire first half as was RJ. Randle was an assist machine in first half as well. Didn’t catch the 4th quarter but the 3rd was terrible. 

When Quicklry gets healthy and returns he absolutely needs to start and play 30+ minutes a night

Elfrid Payton is horrible.  Worst +\- player in the league.  He can’t shoot at all, couldn’t guard me and turns the ball over like crazy.  DSJ is similarly trash 

Julius Randle! Wow! What a performance. Knicks should get a nice haul for him at the deadline if we aren’t in the playoff hunt. I hope we are however and can re-sign him to a 3/4 year deal. Dominant these past few games. Thibs is a master motivator and in-game technician 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Julius Randle! Wow! What a performance. Knicks should get a nice haul for him at the deadline if we aren’t in the playoff hunt. I hope we are however and can re-sign him to a 3/4 year deal. Dominant these past few games. Thibs is a master motivator and in-game technician 

Giannis is going to want out of Milwaukee next summer.  Julius and a package of first round picks might get a deal done

I love Harden's game.  He's the most electric player with the ball in his hands in the entire league.  But I don't think he fits what Thibs is trying to build here.  Harden would probably stunt the growth of the rest of the core of this team.

What this team ideally needs is a superstar SF.  Like Kawhi.  That's the dream acquisition next offseason.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

NO! We have young developing talent. Don't trade it away for Harden and a huge contract. Let's stick to development and keeping our own players.

Exactly man.

He's an absolute shooting (step back) ball hog and plays horrible defense; the opposite of a Thibs guy; and we just drafted a SG in RJ Barrett out of Duke #3 overall who I absolutely love because even on nights where he isn't shooting well, he still plays his heart out on D. RJ is going to become special. 

I loved Melo as an NY kid but I hated the trade. We could've simply kept all of our younger homegrown Knicks and signed Melo as a FA come the off-season while surrounding him with a young roster ready to feast; but we didn't. 

We gave up guys like Raymond Felton (PG) and 3 homegrown Knicks in Gallo (PF), Mozgov (Center) and Wilson Chandler (SF). Not only that but we also had to take on players who I absolutely hated in a washed up Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and omg Renaldo Balkman. 

And because of it? Despite having one of the greatest pure scorers of All-Time in Melo (as is Harden) we never sniffed a real NBA title run (outside of 2012-2013 where we were destroyed by Indiana) and the two crap playoff teams we had before that were embarrassing 1st round humiliation exits. 

And oh yeah. Instead of just (simply) signing Carmelo as a FA not only did we have to lose out on younger players in Felton, Wilson, Mozgov, Gallo and take on 4 players who I didn't have fun watching in Billups, Shelden, Carter and Balkman but we also had to lose a FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK that we could've used to build around Melo within an absolutely loaded draft class (2014) and all because of; "the trade" (2014). 

Before that trade man? We had younger homegrown Knicks with Stoudemire balling out of control for us and that was the last time we ever featured that type of young talent and here in 2020-2021? We've got Julius Randle as our "Amare" and the likes of 1st rounder Immanuel Quickley (PG), 1st rounder RJ Barrett (SG), 1st rounder Kevin Knox (SF), 1st rounder Obi Toppin (PF), 1st rounder Frank Ntilikina (combo guard) and high 2nd rounder Mitchell Robinson (Center) as our 6 homegrown NY drafted kids. 

Our younger talent of today is awesome and even deeper in talent/potential than the kids we had before the draft. 

Yes signing a Kawhi Leonard would become awesome to pair alongside Randle and all of this young talent but even if we miss out on Leonard we have A+ available salary cap space in order to sign role playing veterans along with 3 1st round draft picks this up coming draft (NYK/DAL/LAC) and 3 2nd round picks (NYK/CHA/DET) for Thibs to develop and throw into the mix. 

It's so much fun rooting for the Knicks right now and to the point where I'd become disgusted with a trade. 

Heck we have so many draft picks come the off-season to the point of being able to fully load our bench with nothing but homegrown 1st round draft picks alongside of Frank and Toppin. 

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Exactly man.

He's an absolute shooting (step back) ball hog and plays horrible defense; the opposite of a Thibs guy; and we just drafted a SG in RJ Barrett out of Duke #3 overall who I absolutely love because even on nights where he isn't shooting well, he still plays his heart out on D. RJ is going to become special. 

I loved Melo as an NY kid but I hated the trade. We could've simply kept all of our younger homegrown Knicks and signed Melo as a FA come the off-season while surrounding him with a young roster ready to feast; but we didn't. 

We gave up guys like Raymond Felton (PG) and 3 homegrown Knicks in Gallo (PF), Mozgov (Center) and Wilson Chandler (SF). Not only that but we also had to take on players who I absolutely hated in a washed up Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and omg Renaldo Balkman. 

And because of it? Despite having one of the greatest pure scorers of All-Time in Melo (as is Harden) we never sniffed a real NBA title run (outside of 2012-2013 where we were destroyed by Indiana) and the two crap playoff teams we had before that were embarrassing 1st round humiliation exits. 

And oh yeah. Instead of just (simply) signing Carmelo as a FA not only did we have to lose out on younger players in Felton, Wilson, Mozgov, Gallo and take on 4 players who I didn't have fun watching in Billups, Shelden, Carter and Balkman but we also had to lose a FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK that we could've used to build around Melo within an absolutely loaded draft class (2014) and all because of; "the trade" (2014). 

Before that trade man? We had younger homegrown Knicks with Stoudemire balling out of control for us and that was the last time we ever featured that type of young talent and here in 2020-2021? We've got Julius Randle as our "Amare" and the likes of 1st rounder Immanuel Quickley (PG), 1st rounder RJ Barrett (SG), 1st rounder Kevin Knox (SF), 1st rounder Obi Toppin (PF), 1st rounder Frank Ntilikina (combo guard) and high 2nd rounder Mitchell Robinson (Center) as our 6 homegrown NY drafted kids. 

Our younger talent of today is awesome and even deeper in talent/potential than the kids we had before the draft. 

Yes signing a Kawhi Leonard would become awesome to pair alongside Randle and all of this young talent but even if we miss out on Leonard we have A+ available salary cap space in order to sign role playing veterans along with 3 1st round draft picks this up coming draft (NYK/DAL/LAC) and 3 2nd round picks (NYK/CHA/DET) for Thibs to develop and throw into the mix. 

It's so much fun rooting for the Knicks right now and to the point where I'd become disgusted with a trade. 

Heck we have so many draft picks come the off-season to the point of being able to fully load our bench with nothing but homegrown 1st round draft picks alongside of Frank and Toppin. 

Dolan the idiot was more concerned about selling tickets than building a championship caliber team.

Keep the ship pointed straight and don't be fooled by bright shiny objects Mr. Dolan.

55 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I love Harden's game.  He's the most electric player with the ball in his hands in the entire league.  But I don't think he fits what Thibs is trying to build here.  Harden would probably stunt the growth of the rest of the core of this team.

What this team ideally needs is a superstar SF.  Like Kawhi.  That's the dream acquisition next offseason.  

Yup. And we have A+ available salary cap space and wouldn't need to trade for him.

C; Mitchell Robinson. 

PF: Julius Randle. 

SF: Kawhi Leonard. 

SG: RJ Barrett. 

PG: Immanuel Quickley. 

That starting 5 is ready to contend. 

Bench:

C; 1st round (2021). 

PF: Toppin. 

SF: Knox. 

SG: 1st round (2021). 

PG: 1st round (2021) + Austin Rivers. 

Combo Guard: Frank. 

That'll become the deepest bench Thibs or any other coach has ever had a chance to coach and mix rotations with. 

I can not WAIT until the off-season because even without Kawhi we're going to become FULLY LOADED around Randle with nothing but A++ homegrown talent after three 1st round picks and another three second round picks (where we can and will trade all 3 second round picks for a high 1st round pick; because of too much roster talent). 

I'm hoping Dallas has a crap season and gives us another top 10 pick. 

13 hours ago, nycdan said:

Kawhi is a west coast guy he’s never coming here

12 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Dolan the idiot was more concerned about selling tickets than building a championship caliber team.

Keep the ship pointed straight and don't be fooled by bright shiny objects Mr. Dolan.

For all the criticism Dolan gets and it’s absolutely deserved he’s a better owner than Woody.  He’s done a good job with the Rangers and he has stopped meddling with the Knicks last several years but lazy knick haters refused to understand that rebuilding through the draft takes time