The Dumbest F'In Take on Lawrence and the Jets so far

Also:

Losing teams should be only given a small budget to hire head coaches and cannot hire anyone that has a career winning record

General Managers need to stay with losing teams until they achieve a winning season and if they don't do it in their lifetime, the job gets passed onto their eldest offspring, whether they want to be in football or not. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Also:

Losing teams should be only given a small budget to hire head coaches and cannot hire anyone that has a career winning record

General Managers need to stay with losing teams until they achieve a winning season and if they don't do it in their lifetime, the job gets passed onto their eldest offspring, whether they want to be in football or not. 

No the way it should work is if you are a team playing within a 50 mi radius of Boston with douchey fans you should get the first pick of the draft regardless of record

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I have no idea what he is talking about. The draft has been setup like this for decades and players and owners are rewarded for winning. And what sport moves an entire te into a lower division if they lose. You mean an owner should spend hundreds of millions of dollars on an NFL team and if they lose they get booted to the CFL? Is this guy on drugs? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

The last time I checked ever since dating back to 1936 (84 years ago) the NFL team who finished with the worst overall record; has then had an opportunity to draft #1 overall. 

Just the fact that N.E fans just lost out on their beloved Tom Brady and are now absolutely disgusted over just the thought of our New York Jets drafting and landing Trevor Lawrence with the #1 overall pick; makes me want to draft this kid that much more. 

@PatsFanTx...

Where you at? 

39 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

He's on ESPN and his father is a broadcasting legend. I doubt this thread is putting him over the top.

At the risk of giving you attention and making you popular, I decided to respond to your horrible take, but hey that's just my "innate need" taking over. 

We know you can't stop. Self discipline is a rare trait. 

• Haha 1

One argument against a lottery is the fan interest among the bottom teams.  We are hanging on every game, every week because there is no lottery.  I am sure that Jax fans are doing the same.  As are other fans of bad teams hoping to lock in the 3rd, 4th or 5th pick.  If there was a lottery, we probably would have all lost interest in October.  Keeping the draft "as is" keeps fans of bad teams interested all year.  Maybe for the wrong reasons, rooting for losses, but interested nonetheless.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Never heard of this person. Nor his supposedly famous dad (?). 

Dick Schaap is one of the most important television sports journalists in history.

He won five Emmy awards.

The Sports Emmy division of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences renamed their writing category "The Dick Schaap Outstanding Writing Award." 

On June 8, 2015, Schaap was inducted posthumously in the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association's Hall of Fame.

• Upvote 1

Yes, yes, I think it's a wonderful idea for the top teams in the league to keep replenishing their roster with cheap talent. The Chiefs DESERVE to draft Penei Sewell or Ja'Marr Chase. Holy sh*t.

Apathy among losing fanbases is always positive. That sense of helplessness (yes, I know, Jets, but hear me out), the negation of enthusiasm for the draft all of it. We need to do perpetuate that.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

One argument against a lottery is the fan interest among the bottom teams.  We are hanging on every game, every week because there is no lottery.  I am sure that Hax fans are doing the same.  As are other fnas of bad teams hoping to lock in the 3rd, 4th or 5th pick.  If there was a lottery, we probably would have all lost interest in October.  Keeping the draft "as is" keeps fans of bad teams interested all year.  Maybe for the wrong reasons, rooting for losses, but interested nonetheless.

I agree, lottery's are bogus and ripe for interference and corruption.

Let the dumbass nba have their stupid lottery sponsored by travis scott and sprite. Leave the real sports alone.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

One argument against a lottery is the fan interest among the bottom teams.  We are hanging on every game, every week because there is no lottery.  I am sure that Hax fans are doing the same.  As are other fnas of bad teams hoping to lock in the 3rd, 4th or 5th pick.  If there was a lottery, we probably would have all lost interest in October.  Keeping the draft "as is" keeps fans of bad teams interested all year.  Maybe for the wrong reasons, rooting for losses, but interested nonetheless.

I don;t know for me if wouldn't be that much different other than not having to put up with actively cheering against ones own team and keeping a travesty of a coach.

There would still be interest but this pro tank bit I find distasteful.

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

Again, The Jets fans are a source of clicks for these guys. Want to really quick get a big story? Write something that will piss off or get Jets fans excited.  It's sports writer/announcer 101. 

And here we go. Twitter is all aflutter with Schapp right now.  This piece is his retirement fund. 

Oh... he can go F*ck himself by the way. lol 

Reason 8 thousand why it's so damn hard to field a winner in NYC.

Everyone is against you, even when you suck and dont't warrant any coverage at all, lol.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I don;t know for me if wouldn't be that much different other than not having to put up with actively cheering against ones own team and keeping a travesty of a coach.

There would still be interest but this pro tank bit I find distasteful.

As a fan of a hockey team that was a lottery team most years until recently (Islanders), I lost interest in the season once it became apparent they were missing out on the playoffs.  But in the NHL, that is often after several months of play.  Last two seasons, Jets were out of contention by October 1.  I think there would have been a lot more apathy during the season if there was a lottery.

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

What is this guy even talking about?  euro soccer has relegation no NA sport has and all NA sports have a draft that favours the worst teams.

Now if he wanted to bleat that there should be a draft lottery he would have a legit point in my mind.  Although it would hurt the jets this year I am in favor of draft lotteries in one shape or form or another.

The NBA Draft Lottery increases tanking.  It is an absolutely terrible system.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

This stupid piece of sh*t Pats fan wants to change the structure of professional sports in America. 

What did Detroit do to deserve Matthew Stafford??

What did the Colts do to deserve Peyton Manning?

What did the Cowboys do to deserve Troy Aikman?

What did the Colts do (again) to deserve Andrew Luck?

Gee this is fun,  and EVERYONE can play!!

Jeremy Schaap is a pencil necked dweeb, and apparently thinks it would be a good idea to turn the NFL into a 10 team league.

Moron. 

• Upvote 2

Maybe there are more equitable ways to dole out the talent but the nfl has so many different positions to fill that even a top five pick is no guarantee to improve a team. Plus players are typically clustered so there may be 5 or 6 players at any one position worthy of a high choice.  The talent difference just isn’t always there.  QBs are a little different because there’s only one of them on a team and their play can easy make or break a team.  And then there is the whole about doing what’s right for the shield.  If a dynastic team gets rewarded then just how do the doormat teams ever move up?  Overall league viewership would probably suffer and revenues would go down.

23 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I actually agree with the loterry system......just not this year lol

You agree with a lottery? 

You must not be a Knicks fan...

Because as an NYK fan I dread the lottery.

We always finish as one of the worst teams but never end up with a top two pick.  

2018-2019 we finished with the worst record in the league and ended up with the 3rd pick instead #1 overall and Zion. 

I hate it.