Jump to content

The Dumbest F'In Take on Lawrence and the Jets so far


Gastineau Lives
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Ruby2 said:

Reason 8 thousand why it's so damn hard to field a winner in NYC.

Everyone is against you, even when you suck and dont't warrant any coverage at all, lol.

Yep. We're that valuable to the NFL masters of coin.  Whenever there are some need for ratings, they poke the Jets and watch us go ape $hit. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You agree with a lottery? 

You must not be a Knicks fan...

Because as an NYK fan I dread the lottery.

We always finish as one of the worst teams but never end up with a top two pick.  

2018-2019 we finished with the worst record in the league and ended up with the 3rd pick instead #1 overall and Zion. 

I hate it. 

I hate when GM's gut rosters to lose more.....and amazing players go to trash teams

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

ESPN is all Boston homers.  They're based in Connecticut which is New England.  

 

Years ago I saw the entitled douche Jeremy Schaap in an airplane flight from Indianapolis to New York.  He was sitting in first class eating his $37 pasta.  Not only is he overpaid his TDY is out of control and all because he's Dick Schaap's son.

I’m sorry... what’s TDY? Google is t much help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

What is this guy even talking about?  euro soccer has relegation no NA sport has and all NA sports have a draft that favours the worst teams.

Now if he wanted to bleat that there should be a draft lottery he would have a legit point in my mind.  Although it would hurt the jets this year I am in favor of draft lotteries in one shape or form or another.

Tempted to say I agree here, I find the whole concept of tanking or deliberately trying to engineer the first pick, however bogus that might be in reality, to be pretty pathetic and I actually think we’ll get what we deserve if Lawrence turns out to be Darnold 2.0 and if another of the QB’s in this class ends up being a franchise changer.
Part of me hoped we get to 0-15 then win our final game 9-6 in overtime moments after the Jags end their season 1-15!....the reaction here will at least be a lot more fun to watch than we have been on the field for years. Karma and all that 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Yep. We're that valuable to the NFL masters of coin.  Whenever there are some need for ratings, they poke the Jets and watch us go ape $hit. 

There is no anti-Jets media conspiracy. There is only an anti-terrible teams bias.

If the jets weren’t a joke people would stop laughing at the punchline.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, redlichtie said:

Tempted to say I agree here, I find the whole concept of tanking or deliberately trying to engineer the first pick, however bogus that might be in reality, to be pretty pathetic and I actually think we’ll get what we deserve if Lawrence turns out to be Darnold 2.0 and if another of the QB’s in this class ends up being a franchise changer.
Part of me hoped we get to 0-15 then win our final game 9-6 in overtime moments after the Jags end their season 1-15!....the reaction here will at least be a lot more fun to watch than we have been on the field for years. Karma and all that 

We'll get what we deserve? For what?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, jgb said:

There is no anti-Jets media conspiracy. There is only an anti-terrible teams conspiracy.

If the jets weren’t a joke people would stop laughing at the punchline.

It's not a a anti Jets conspiracy per say, but it is a headline grabbing industry that naturally spends the most attention on the iconic and popular teams.  The media loves to see icons fail, it drives clicks. Cowboys, Yankees, Notre Dame, etc. The Jets are by no means an Icon, but we play in the most important city in the US, arguably the entire world, so of course they are going to obsessively focus on us.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

It's not a a anti Jets conspiracy per say, but it is a headline grabbing industry that naturally spends the most attention on the iconic and popular teams.  The media loves to see icons fail, it drives clicks. Cowboys, Yankees, Notre Dame, etc. The Jets are by no means an Icon, but we play in the most important city in the US, arguably the entire world, so of course they are going to obsessively focus on us.

And if we are good they will bow and scrape to laud as well 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Larz said:

If the nfl suspects the jets are actually sabotaging games a lottery could happen 

probably not next year but it would be connected to this jets team 

Therein lies the problem.  When Adam Gase is your head coach it always looks like you're trying to lose on purpose.  Thing is, that just happens to be Adam Gase at his best.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Beerfish said:

What is this guy even talking about?  euro soccer has relegation no NA sport has and all NA sports have a draft that favours the worst teams.

Now if he wanted to bleat that there should be a draft lottery he would have a legit point in my mind.  Although it would hurt the jets this year I am in favor of draft lotteries in one shape or form or another.

On one hand it lessens the impact of tanking and lowered the chance of getting the number 1 but look at the Knicks last year, had the worst record and picked 3rd or the Rangers this year, had a good season rebuilding, made the playoffs and had the first pick in the NHL draft getting a TL like prospect.  The Knicks and Rangers, was that a fairer situation?  

Players and coaches dont tank in the NFL, its not even what Shaap is complaining about.  He would just rather the Pats or the 49r's having a chance of getting the top pick, going against the thinking in every leagues draft 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

What the F**K is this? When  someone is this bad at their job they get fired. 

Then I guess we're in agreement that late afternoon on Black Monday the only thing that should be left in Jets headquarters in Florham Park is the cockroaches that take up residence inside the walls. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Larz said:

If the nfl suspects the jets are actually sabotaging games a lottery could happen 

probably not next year but it would be connected to this jets team 

The Jets and Jags are still trying.   The Dolphins and Colts full season tanks were obvious as was the Bucs tank in the 2nd half of their last game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, dcJet said:

The Jets and Jags are still trying.   The Dolphins and Colts full season tanks were obvious as was the Bucs tank in the 2nd half of their last game.

No, the Colts tanking that season is a myth. 

Who did it? The coach that got fired. He did it.

The GM who got fired. He did it.

The players who play without guaranteed contracts. They did it.

The QB's available to the Colts when Peyton was deemed unfit to play? Hall of Famers, all of them.

The QB's available to the Colts when Kerry Collins went down? Pro Bowlers, all of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, dcJet said:

The Jets and Jags are still trying.   The Dolphins and Colts full season tanks were obvious as was the Bucs tank in the 2nd half of their last game.

Which tank season by the Dolphins was obvious to you?

The 5-11 season?  Quite a tank job 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, jgb said:

There is no anti-Jets media conspiracy. There is only an anti-terrible teams bias.

If the jets weren’t a joke people would stop laughing at the punchline.

Historically,  the Browns, Lions, Bengals, and Jaguars are all Objectively worse Franchises than the Jets. Not close. Those franchises have had ownership groups that make Hess and the Johnsons look like the damn Rooney's. None of them have a Lombardi in their HQ. Hell, The "Washington Football Team" currently doesn't have a name, because they are an institutionally racist organization that pretended nothing was wrong with their name and didn't bother with a plan B, all while having internal issues ranging from Drunken GMs in the office to rampant sexual harassment in their front office, while being owned by a massive failure....lol.

 

But the combination of the NYC area media being heavily weighted Pro-Giants, the National Media picking up on that vibe, and Yes, the fact that ESPN acts as the de facto Patriots media office causes an active interest in the media sh*tting on the Jets and magnifying and concentrating on Jets issues at a much higher level of scrutiny than any other team in the league. 

 

It's what it is, and denying it is ridiculous. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

Then I guess we're in agreement that late afternoon on Black Monday the only thing that should be left in Jets headquarters in Florham Park is the cockroaches that take up residence inside the walls. 

Fire the roaches, too. They are lazy. Lazy, lazy roaches.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Historically,  the Browns, Lions, Bengals, and Jaguars are all Objectively worse Franchises than the Jets. Not close. Those franchises have had ownership groups that make Hess and the Johnsons look like the damn Rooney's. None of them have a Lombardi in their HQ. Hell, The "Washington Football Team" currently doesn't have a name, because they are an institutionally racist organization that pretended nothing was wrong with their name and didn't bother with a plan B, all while having internal issues ranging from Drunken GMs in the office to rampant sexual harassment in their front office, while being owned by a massive failure....lol.

 

But the combination of the NYC area media being heavily weighted Pro-Giants, the National Media picking up on that vibe, and Yes, the fact that ESPN acts as the de facto Patriots media office causes an active interest in the media sh*tting on the Jets and magnifying and concentrating on Jets issues at a much higher level of scrutiny than any other team in the league. 

 

It's what it is, and denying it is ridiculous. 

It is not a surprise that a Jets fan who is more invested in and reads everything Jets related, would think they get treated different than other terrible teams. We call this “confirmation bias.”

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, jgb said:

It is not a surprise that a Jets fan who is more invested in and reads everything Jets related, would think they get treated different than other terrible teams. We call this “confirmation bias.”

I've literally lived all over the country over the last 30 years, From LA to Boston, and places in between before winding up back in Florida, and the tone doesn't change from place to place, good season or bad. Its not anecdotal, the bias actually predates Kotite, and is the product of the 1980s and the real beginning of National Sports Coverage beyond stuff like NFL Films, SportsMachine etc. (Although Sabol HIMSELF admitted to doing the coverage and retrospective of SB III with an Anti-Jets slant)

 

But whatever, believe what you want. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Nobody Tanks. 
 

But...

the Jags GM this year bully a crappy team on purpose. There’s no doubt about that.  
 

Jets GM, sadly, thought he was building a good one.  

And the Jags GM got fired for it. Why tank if you get canned and don’t get to enjoy the reward?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

I've literally lived all over the country over the last 25 years, From LA, to Boston, and places in between before winding up back in Florida, and the tone doesn't change from place to place, good season or bad. Its not anecdotal. 

 

But whatever, believe what you want. 

You’ve just summarized the definition of “anecdotal” lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jgb said:

And the Jags GM got fired for it. Why tank if you get canned and don’t get to enjoy the reward?

That I can’t tell you, but he clearly tore that team down and did nothing to better it.  I don’t know what was going on his mind.  That level of incompetence is Mac level.  hard to believe it wasn’t done on purpose.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...