****THE OFFICIAL JETS Vs SEAHAWKS THROW JAMAL ADAMS ON THE GRIDDLE BECAUSE HE SUCKS THREAD****

T0mShane

What time is it? Ah, 8:55 a.m. I usually start pacing at 8:30 a.m. for a 1:00 game and 11:30 a.m. for a 4:00 game, so I'm not late today. In fact, this season is so surreally bad, there were Sundays I didn't pace at all. I should get that checked out. As to later, there's a good chance I'll miss the 11:30 a.m. pacing deadline, anyway. I'm going hiking with my dog for hours, instead of watching a virtual dog on TV, the Jets. I'll tape it, though. What else. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

COOK UP JAMAL ADAMS SAM DARNOLD. DO NOT GO GENTLY INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT, YOU WEAK ASS SURF BRAH. SACK UP AND PLAY FOOTBALL AGAINST A TEAM PLAYING WITH ONLY THREE DBs ON EVERY PLAY. YOU CAN DO IT. 

Months of waiting and cultivating that headline, praying for 400 passing yards while praying for a loss.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

First laugh of the day from Pete Carroll of all people: 

Carroll gushed about Darnold this week.

“I think he’s really talented, without question,” said Carroll, who also coached the Jets in 1994. “He’s got great throws in him. He’s a real quarterback. He sees things. He makes big plays and big throws in difficult situations because of his talent. It’s just a matter of time. Sam’s going to be a really big-time QB. He’s thrown a lot of balls in three years. He’s had a lot of experience. It will pay off in the long run.”

https://nypost.com/2020/12/12/pete-carroll-gushes-over-jets-sam-darnold-matter-of-time/

• Haha 1

Seahawks: 33. 

NY Jets: 12.

Today we'll see Sam Darnold struggle against (one of) the NFL's worst pass defense of All-Time...

5c34481d213f6.image.thumb.jpg.38cac443d3eac4af48defecc3c748db6.jpg

On a more serious note if (and only if) JAX can upset the struggling Titans @ 1:00 I'll really be rooting hard for our 1st Jets win today come 4:00 and that's because I want Seattle's 1st round pick for Jamal to become as good as possible.

However if Jax loses against Tennessee I'll be in 100% tank mode and rooting for Seattle as of they're NYJ in order to keep our Trevor Lawrence dreams alive. 

Although it really would be nice to see JAX steal a 1:00 win though in order so we can finally root for our Jets again. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Seahawks: 33. 

NY Jets: 12.

Today we'll see Sam Darnold struggle against (one of) the NFL's worst pass defense of All-Time...

5c34481d213f6.image.thumb.jpg.38cac443d3eac4af48defecc3c748db6.jpg

On a more serious note if (and only if) JAX can upset the struggling Titans @ 1:00 I'll really be rooting hard for our 1st Jets win today come 4:00 and that's because I want Seattle's 1st round pick for Jamal to become as good as possible.

However if Jax loses against Tennessee I'll be in 100% tank mode and rooting for Seattle as of they're NYJ in order to keep our Trevor Lawrence dreams alive. 

Although it really would be nice to see JAX steal a 1:00 win though in order so we can finally root for our Jets again. 

Sam will have a good game. So will Herndon and Perriman. 

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I don't want to say it.  Don't make me say it.

Beyond that softball, Carroll isn't wrong.  Sam probably can become a big-time QB in the right situation.  Look at Alex Smith as one example.  Heck, look at Mayfield and Allen this season.  When a QB has the right coach, system and players around him, he can reach his potential.  A rare few can do it despite having all three but that's a very high standard to hold any QB to. 

I am sure there's a lot football in Darnold.  Sadly, it will probably come to fruition somewhere else.

Respect your opinion.  But I will go on record (have been for years now) as saying what we see in Darnold's game is the reality of his QB prowess.  I think it's a pipe dream to think he will miraculously transform his game to become a star--or even competent--player.   He's just not that good.  Never was.

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Respect your opinion.  But I will go on record (have been for years now) as saying what we see in Darnold's game is the reality of his QB prowess.  I think it's a pipe dream to think he will miraculously transform his game to become a star--or even competent--player.   He's just not that good.  Never was.

All things we have said about Josh Allen.  All things we said about Baker Mayfield.  And so on.  One difference is that Cleveland replaced the sh*tshow of a coaching staff that Mayfield came into, and BUF surround Allen with really good talent and coaches eventually.  Sam has had moldy crumbs while those guys were eating steaks.  I'm not saying he *will* become a great QB, but I'm saying that I think there's a lot we haven't had a chance to see about Sam because of the incredibly awful situation he has been put into. 

IMO, whether he's more Josh Rosen or Josh Allen is still to be seen.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

All things we have said about Josh Allen.  All things we said about Baker Mayfield.  And so on.  One difference is that Cleveland replaced the sh*tshow of a coaching staff that Mayfield came into, and BUF surround Allen with really good talent and coaches eventually.  Sam has had moldy crumbs while those guys were eating steaks.  I'm not saying he *will* become a great QB, but I'm saying that I think there's a lot we haven't had a chance to see about Sam because of the incredibly awful situation he has been put into. 

IMO, whether he's more Josh Rosen or Josh Allen is still to be seen.

Look at Derrick Carr . They we're dumping all over him, to the point they brought in Mariotta as a possible replacement. Carr the last three years has really stepped up his game. Especially this year. Not a great QB, But, he' s turned into a good one.

Many Jets fans have become incapable of seeing any positives in Darnold regardless of what he does. It’s time to move on for that reason alone, it’s a toxic environment. I believe Darnold will succeed elsewhere. If he is lucky enough to land with the 9ers or Colts he will probably have a better career than TL.

look up the 86 bucs for a lesson in history 

Just now, QB1 said:

Many Jets fans have become incapable of seeing any positives in Darnold regardless of what he does. It’s time to move on for that reason alone, it’s a toxic environment. I believe Darnold will succeed elsewhere. If he is lucky enough to land with the 9ers or Colts he will probably have a better career than TL.

look up the 86 bucks for a lesson in history 

Jeff Bridges What GIF - JeffBridges What TheBigLebowski GIFs

7 minutes ago, genot said:

Look at Derrick Carr . They we're dumping all over him, to the point they brought in Mariotta as a possible replacement. Carr the last three years has really stepped up his game. Especially this year. Not a great QB, But, he' s turned into a good one.

Carr is a pretty good comp as well.  I thought Gruden was going to be a shipwreck there, but it appears I may have whiffed on that one.