Sam never learned what to do pre-snap

jetscrazey

Just now, jgb said:

He would need an utter and complete overhaul from the feet to the brain. I just do not see it

Not complete but he needs proper coaching.

He played better when he just ran plays from instinct.  He has talent, he was highly rated coming out of USC.  He wasnt coached and wasnt given players at the skill position and OL.  I was a perfect storm of incompetence that has left his at the crossroads of his career at 23.  Just my opinion

• WTF? 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Not complete but he needs proper coaching.

He played better when he just ran plays from instinct.  He has talent, he was highly rated coming out of USC.  He wasnt coached and wasnt given players at the skill position and OL.  I was a perfect storm of incompetence that has left his at the crossroads of his career at 23.  Just my opinion

Maybe man but even if all that is true it is skipping a couple steps to come to conclusion that he’s a secret FQB in hiding. 

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Of all of Darnolds faults, this is by far the most coachable.

There's an old psych experiment where they took dogs and put them on one side of a fence, with meat on the other.

The dogs instinctively tried to dig under the fence to get the food.

Eventually, the researchers trained the dogs to search for a hole in the fence to get to the food.

The dogs learned this rather easily, and demonstrated reliably that they could do what they were taught and get the food efficiently.

Then, the researchers starved the dogs and re-ran the trials.

The dogs all returned to their instincts, forgot what they'd learned, and started digging under the fence for the food.

• Upvote 2

Have you ever seen Sam give a hard dummy count to see where the blitz is coming from so he could audible away from it?  Just feels like he goes through the motions presnap.  By year 3 he should have been further along than this and I can’t just put it on the Jets.  
It's sad... I learned how to do this at 14 playing John madden football.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, jgb said:

Maybe man but even if all that is true it is skipping a couple steps to come to conclusion that he’s a secret FQB in hiding. 

No but as I said IMO hes a 23 year old kid who was more highly rated than just about everyone since Luck, the highest since Luck put to Lawrence by McShay, whatever weight that has to it but shows what some though.

Hes played less than 3 season in actual games, its not some long lost project, again IMO.  Hoping it comes together for him down the road.  I haven turned the lack of help from the Jets into hatred of the kid like others

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

No but as I said IMO hes a 23 year old kid who was more highly rated than just about everyone since Luck, the highest since Luck put to Lawrence by McShay, whatever weight that has to it but shows what some though.

Hes played less than 3 season in actual games, its not some long lost project, again IMO.  Hoping it comes together for him down the road.  I haven turned the lack of help from the Jets into hatred of the kid like others

Let’s see what happens. Anything’s possible, but this one is unlikely IMHO

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, shevys said:

How could you not? He’s an NFL baby who needs good coaching and has gotten none. 

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

He was barely 21 when he came out.

This is an argument against drafting inexperienced QB's, like Mark Sanchez and Sam Darnold, in the first place. 

It's not a worthwhile argument for defending a QB who is now in his 3rd season as a professional, and still doing the same stupid sh*t he did in college.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Sam was never taught as a child on how to read defenses. 

And that's because up until HS (and even during HS) he was learning how to tackle as an LB...

San played some LB in HS people (and recorded tackles too). 

It's sad to say, but Trevor Lawrence, at the age of only 5 years old (a generational child phenom) knew how to read a defense better than a 20 something year old Sam Darnold who just wet the bed againt (as Jet fans say) the worst PASS Defense in NFL history...

A handful of Jet fans have mocked me while I've posted HS statistics and HS highlights of Trevor Lawrence; as a way of showing just why he was truly rated as the Country's #1 ranked HS prospect within the entire National before heading into Clemson (but I guess that wasn't allowed around here for those claiming Trevor "was Sam Darnold of 4 years ago"). 

I wonder how hard they'll laugh @ me now; after talking 5 y.o mini little league Pop Warnner football ??‍♂️?

Meh. he seemed to be surrounded with elite talent.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is an argument against drafting inexperienced QB's, like Mark Sanchez and Sam Darnold, in the first place. 

It's not a worthwhile argument for defending a QB who is now in his 3rd season as a professional, and still doing the same stupid sh*t he did in college.

The argument was, is it on the coaching staff that darnold never learned to do pre snap reads. 

My point was he was very young coming out and needed coaching on that point, which he never received.

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

The argument was, is it on the coaching staff that darnold never learned to do pre snap reads. 

My point was he was very young coming out and needed coaching on that point, which he never received.

The NFL is not where you learn to play QB.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

There's much lower gravity there (0.38g) and a very thin atmosphere.  Could help some of the ducks he throws here in 1g.  

Plus maybe the red sunlight will charge his hair like a battery. He’d be football Samson 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

There's an old psych experiment where they took dogs and put them on one side of a fence, with meat on the other.

The dogs instinctively tried to dig under the fence to get the food.

Eventually, the researchers trained the dogs to search for a hole in the fence to get to the food.

The dogs learned this rather easily, and demonstrated reliably that they could do what they were taught and get the food efficiently.

Then, the researchers starved the dogs and re-ran the trials.

The dogs all returned to their instincts, forgot what they'd learned, and started digging under the fence for the food.

FFS.  I know we learned so much from these older, unethical studies but wtf.  Did these researchers all lack a moral compass?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This is pure nonsense.

Can you stop already with the loony observations you think are real 

I love Lawrence but if you think reading the two defensive plays he saw as a 5 year old has anything to do with college bal or has anything in common with pro ball you need to end it all.  And all the pointless pictures does nothing to prove your points  

Umm, I did not say that. I responded to that post. I certainly did not say it. I actually have no opinion on Lawrence yet as we still have not secured the first pick yet.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

FFS.  I know we learned so much from these older, unethical studies but wtf.  Did these researchers all lack a moral compass?

I mean, sure, if they had the foresight to know they could just watch Sam Darnold play QB, they could have saved a few dogs a couple bad days, I guess.

• Upvote 1