The debate is over

AFJF

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The thing that pisses me off about the "tank takes" is by implying this is an orchestrated plan, people ignore/overlook just how historically bad Macc and Gase are.  This is a direct result of two guys that really were trying their best to win.  

They’re not tanking, they’re stanking

10 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

A head coach doesn’t achieve this on his own. Mike Maccagnan, Joe Douglas and Sam Darnold deserve some credit and should take a bow for this as well. 

Sam Darnold deserves a lot more than "some" credit. He is awful. Flacco made us sweat that he would accidentally pull of a W if he kept getting chances to play. Sam never did that. In a few years (maybe less) Sam is going to be Josh Allen's personal assistant and out of the league. 

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

If we end up with the number 1 pick and get Trevor Lawrence, and Trevor Lawrence is as great as people think he is going to be, does Adam Gase go from being one of the worst coaches in Jets history to one of the best?

How does he become the best HC in Jets history after he gets fired. 

17 minutes ago, pointman said:

Sam Darnold deserves a lot more than "some" credit. He is awful. Flacco made us sweat that he would accidentally pull of a W if he kept getting chances to play. Sam never did that. In a few years (maybe less) Sam is going to be Josh Allen's personal assistant and out of the league. 

You didn't think we were going to win against the Raiders. Thank our piss poor D for that L. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, fastmover said:

The Jets are bad in all 3 phases of the game, and rarely look prepared and have shown no improvement whatsoever,  I’m pretty sure that falls squarely on the coach’s and coaching staffs shoulders.  Plus the failures of the conditioning staff, again coach’s shoulders. 

Semper Fi

To be honest, the Jets looked the same under Bowles. Just bad, often unprepared etc. Its a talent issue first off...but the Jets are desperate for someone to just be in charge.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

A lot of teams can be considered as potential SB contenders. 

But Gase didn't just lose to Seattle today; he got embarrassed by both Jamal Adams and Seattle. 

Adam Gase here in 2020 will have a (soon to be) record of 0-16 and even worse a Point Differential that is so much more worse than Rich Kotite's 1996 Point Differential of 1-15;

He is the worst, ever. 

Adam Gase was more involved in our Defense this weekend too before allowing 40 points ?✍️??

40 points with starters sitting for final 17 minutes of game time 

41 minutes ago, pointman said:

Sam Darnold deserves a lot more than "some" credit. He is awful. Flacco made us sweat that he would accidentally pull of a W if he kept getting chances to play. Sam never did that.

In a few years (maybe less) Sam is going to be Josh Allen's personal assistant and out of the league. 

Not a chance. 

Josh Allen wouldn't want Sam Darnold anywhere near him. 

#6FeetRule. 

Josh Allen wouldn't trust being around Sam as far as he can throw him...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

40 points with starters sitting for final 17 minutes of game time 

Geno Smith cold off the bench looked 10x better than Sam during mop up duty. 

Adam Gase is so bad he can even fk up the mindset of a kicker because Castillo just Ficken missed 3 of them (I think even our FG kicker wants Gase gone, too). 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The Jets lost to a potential Super Bowl team. 

Oh, it’s awful, I expected so much more today, drink my SOJF Eyeore tears.  

SAR I

You’re right. This isn’t worthy of SOJF whining. It’s so much worse. I’ve watched the Jets since 1968 and this absolutely the worst they’ve ever been. I expected a mediocre to bad football team. I never expected the undisputed worst team in the league that is historically putrid. This deserves new levels of outrage, not the same old kind!

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

A lot of teams can be considered as potential SB contenders. 

But Gase didn't just lose to Seattle today; he got embarrassed by both Jamal Adams and Seattle. 

Adam Gase here in 2020 will have a (soon to be) record of 0-16 and even worse a Point Differential that is so much more worse than Rich Kotite's 1996 Point Differential of 1-15;

He is the worst, ever. 

Adam Gase was more involved in our Defense this weekend too before allowing 40 points ?✍️??

And think Gase was brought in to help the OFFENSE!!

Gase has literally DESTROYED THE FRANCHISE!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The Jets lost to a potential Super Bowl team. 

Oh, it’s awful, I expected so much more today, drink my SOJF Eyeore tears.  

SAR I

I used to think it was entertaining to have a foil like you on Jets Nation to keep things lively and have unpopular contrarian views to debate, but after some internal wrangling, I've concluded that you're just an a$$h0le.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pointman said:

This is wrong on every level.  Blaming one player is wrong.  This is a team effort.  

One game by Flacco.  Good for him, so? 

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Do you still think Gase should be the Jets head coach next year?

We should expect and accept a 40-3 pounding from a team that lost to the NY Giants with colt McCoy at QB.  HC has nothing to do with it, he's blameless in SARs schtick routine

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This is wrong on every level.  Blaming one player is wrong.  This is a team effort.  

One game by Flacco.  Good for him, so? 

Blaming the player who runs the offense and is responsible for making calls at the line, throwing the ball to receivers, reading the defense, making adjustments, has his hands on the ball the most.. is wrong? The old saying of "there is no 'I' in team" was made by some guy who never played anything worth a dick. The Quarterback (in this case Samuel Darnold) is absolutely responsible and should receive some/much blame for this teams failings and the inability to score. 

Flacco is terrible. Yet he was able to move the ball down the field and put up points. He unleashes an ungodly long ball with ferocious steam coming off of it. So yeah, good for him, indeed. 

4 minutes ago, pointman said:

Blaming the player who runs the offense and is responsible for making calls at the line, throwing the ball to receivers, reading the defense, making adjustments, has his hands on the ball the most.. is wrong? The old saying of "there is no 'I' in team" was made by some guy who never played anything worth a dick. The Quarterback (in this case Samuel Darnold) is absolutely responsible and should receive some/much blame for this teams failings and the inability to score. 

Flacco is terrible. Yet he was able to move the ball down the field and put up points. He unleashes an ungodly long ball with ferocious steam coming off of it. So yeah, good for him, indeed. 

Yea no blame goes to the team that puts Perriman, Berrios and no one else at WR.  

An old man with two kids who couldn't gain yards didnt contribute to the poor offense;

Darnold was hit on every play, the OL doesnt deserve credit for the poor offense either.

Yeah, the no I in team being made by some guy not worth dick but sure as shlt is dead right in football, the ultimate team sport.  The offense sucking was on everyone on that field today.  I get it, its simple and easy to blame one guy.  Then all you need is one new guy and its all fixed.  One new QB and the offense that was on the field today would have competed.  Keep saying it, lol

Cute line about Flacco, how quick we forget how he sucked in his other starts.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Yea no blame goes to the team that puts Perriman, Berrios and no one else at WR.  

An old man with two kids who couldn't gain yards didnt contribute to the poor offense;

Darnold was hit on every play, the OL doesnt deserve credit for the poor offense either.

Yeah, the no I in team being made by some guy not worth dick but sure as shlt is dead right in football, the ultimate team sport.  The offense sucking was on everyone on that field today.  I get it, its simple and easy to blame one guy.  Then all you need is one new guy and its all fixed.  One new QB and the offense that was on the field today would have competed.  Keep saying it, lol

Cute line about Flacco, how quick we forget how he sucked in his other starts.  

lolwut? What you stated in Darnold and blame does not coincide with what you are claiming now. One person, despite what is around them, can absolutely be blamed. 

Separately, Sam is not good. He was not good. He is not good. And he will not be good. I don't care if he was starting for the Chiefs. He is not good. Watch. Once we cut him loose, he won't amount to anything in the league. Matt Flynn > Sam Darnold

• Upvote 1