The debate is over

AFJF

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Do you still think Gase should be the Jets head coach next year?

Yes.  

Another loss, a predictable one to the toughest contest on our schedule, doesn’t change my feelings one iota.  

This team played hard for Gase all season.  Today doesn’t change anything.  

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  

Another loss, a predictable one to the toughest contest on our schedule, doesn’t change my feelings one iota.  

This team played hard for Gase all season.  Today doesn’t change anything.  

SAR I

The Jets played hard today? Lol. They lost by 37 points. 

FYI Jets haven't scored 30 points in a single game this year. 

3 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

The Jets played hard today? Lol. They lost by 37 points. 

FYI Jets haven't scored 30 points in a single game this year. 

This is the one game since October where I can say the defense played lazy.  They had a brand new defensive coordinator who didn’t call a single blitz all game.  Hardly inspiring.  

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This is the one game since October where I can say the defense played lazy.  They had a brand new defensive coordinator who didn’t call a single blitz all game.  Hardly inspiring.  

SAR I

Its not the first time the jets have lost by 30+ points this year...

No comment about the offense not showing up again? Its supposed to be gase's bread and butter.

5 times this year we have scored less than 10 points. 

3 times this year we have scored 3 points or less. 

0 games scoring more than 30 points.

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

No comment about the offense not showing up again? Its supposed to be gase's bread and butter.

I honestly don't believe he really thinks Gase will be back next season lol, he's just trolling. No Jets fan is THAT idiotic.

Like Todd Bowles, Gase is finished once week 17 ends the following day (maybe same night).

1 hour ago, pointman said:

lolwut? What you stated in Darnold and blame does not coincide with what you are claiming now. One person, despite what is around them, can absolutely be blamed. 

Separately, Sam is not good. He was not good. He is not good. And he will not be good. I don't care if he was starting for the Chiefs. He is not good. Watch. Once we cut him loose, he won't amount to anything in the league. Matt Flynn > Sam Darnold

Dude all you comments on Darnold are lolwut.  

One player on this offense is to blame and to keep saying it drives home that you have no idea what youre watching.  

4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Well, obviously...

But you have to start somewhere. 

Truthfully what is smart would take guts to do so I don't expect it to happen but we should trade the pick for a boat load of high picks like we got with Adam's. Can you name a single position we are set with except LT?. We don't need the best QB prospect, we need an entire team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Truthfully what is smart would take guts to do so I don't expect it to happen but we should trade the pick for a boat load of high picks like we got with Adam's. Can you name a single position we are set with except LT?. We don't need the best QB prospect, we need an entire team. 

Lol. That would be the complete opposite of smart. We have plenty of picks. Trade darnold and you get more picks. Trade back from Seattle's pick for more picks if you want. Theres also 100 mill in cap space.

But you would have to be an absolute idiot to pass on lawrence. Would you pass on Deshaun Watson again if you could re do that draft? Or are u still picking jamal? Lol

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

We need a QB and a team.  Luckily we have 8 picks in the first 5 rounds this coming draft (hopefully 9 after trading Darnold), plus two first rounders in 2022 as well.  Plus more cap space than anyone in a year where nearly half the NFL teams are going to be in some form of cap hell.  Lots of ammo with which to build a team.

Meanwhile, you'll be amazed how good the team looks with a competent QB/HC combo.  Everything gets better when you nail your decisions there.  Hell, just look how good the WR's looked with Joe Flacco's old and disinterested but still better-than-Darnold a$$ under center.  A 6/3 TD:INT ratio isn't terrible.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Lol. That would be the complete opposite of smart. We have plenty of picks. Trade darnold and you get more picks. Trade back from Seattle's pick for more picks if you want. Theres also 100 mill in cap space.

But you would have to be an absolute idiot to pass on lawrence. Would you pass on Deshaun Watson again if you could re do that draft? Or are u still picking jamal? Lol

But just think about how many picks we could have gotten for trading Deshaun!!!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

Gase is so much worse than Kotite that it's hilarious to consider the fact that some said it was the other way around.  

The NFL has never seen a worse head coach and probably never will.

What makes Gase more pathetic is that he is trying really hard to win, but doesn't know how while Kotite checked out and still managed to win games while half-a$$ing his job. 

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Dude all you comments on Darnold are lolwut.  

One player on this offense is to blame and to keep saying it drives home that you have no idea what youre watching.  

And all you Darnold excuse makers are really sad to see. Clearly, you're the one lost about what you're watching. Stick to something else you know, football isn't it. 

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

Gase is so much worse than Kotite that it's hilarious to consider the fact that some said it was the other way around.  

The NFL has never seen a worse head coach and probably never will.

Todd Bowles can run circles around him.  I never thought I’d think that about any head coach.  Gase belongs on the same milk carton as Maccagnan...neither deserve another day in the NFL in any capacity.

34 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Do you think Watson is as successful on the Jets? I want to see a QB succeed, I mean what has JD done here to make you so sure he surrounds Lawrence with what he needs. He lost Anderson, picked a bunch of sitffs for the OL, put a horrible e S in place of Adam's, and that is just this season. How about the kickers he brought in. We need tk see if he can get talent here. So far he hit o. Becton and maybe Mims

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We need a QB and a team.  Luckily we have 8 picks in the first 5 rounds this coming draft (hopefully 9 after trading Darnold), plus two first rounders in 2022 as well.  Plus more cap space than anyone in a year where nearly half the NFL teams are going to be in some form of cap hell.  Lots of ammo with which to build a team.

Meanwhile, you'll be amazed how good the team looks with a competent QB/HC combo.  Everything gets better when you nail your decisions there.  Hell, just look how good the WR's looked with Joe Flacco's old and disinterested but still better-than-Darnold a$$ under center.  A 6/3 TD:INT ratio isn't terrible.

It is amazing how everyone here is kissing Flacco behind here. He is a terrible QB at this point. He benefits from a better coach calling plays. I have never seen a QB have to endure what Sam has. As soon as he comes back the Moron is back calling the plays and even lied about it. Sam is playing with both hands and feet tied behind his back and when you add in his limitations, yeah, he sucks. 

Oh, BTW. Our Wr's also suck. When Crowder is the best receiver you have, you suck. 

1 hour ago, pointman said:

And all you Darnold excuse makers are really sad to see. Clearly, you're the one lost about what you're watching. Stick to something else you know, football isn't it. 

LOL, thanks for the heads up.  

And dont feel sad, I dont take a word of what you say seriously.  

2 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

This team was dismantled in October when it was clear that the combination of opt-outs, injuries, trades, and Darnold busting left this team in a situation where they had no shot at a competitive season.

This season hasn't been about W's and L's since Week 4.

SAR I

35 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I thought this was gonna be about the debate on if shampoo is better because it goes on first and cleans the hair or if conditioner is better because it leaves the hair silky and smooth.

Stop looking at me, swan!

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

This team was dismantled in October when it was clear that the combination of opt-outs, injuries, trades, and Darnold busting left this team in a situation where they had no shot at a competitive season.

This season hasn't been about W's and L's since Week 4.

SAR I

Gase sux

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Do you think Watson is as successful on the Jets? I want to see a QB succeed, I mean what has JD done here to make you so sure he surrounds Lawrence with what he needs. He lost Anderson, picked a bunch of sitffs for the OL, put a horrible e S in place of Adam's, and that is just this season. How about the kickers he brought in. We need tk see if he can get talent here. So far he hit o. Becton and maybe Mims

I do think Watson would have been successful here. Watson hasn't had a good oline since he's been in the league. (Similar to the jets oline) and he had to deal with a brain dead head coach (similar to gase) why wouldn't he have succeeded here?

As for Douglas, I think he knew this team was loaded with bad contracts and no talent so he purposefully didn't go out and spend like a mad man. He signed a bunch of stop gaps to short contracts while he undoes all of maccs mess.

How am I so sure Douglas will surround lawrence with talent? Well I'm not. But we gotta give him a chance. I'm not giving up on him after one year. I think we will learn a lot more about JD this offseason. He has positioned himself with a lot of cap space and a lot of draft picks. Lets see how he uses them.

If you don't have the qb you really don't have anything. 

Passing on lawrence would be like winning the lottery and then throwing away the winning ticket. 

Watson

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

4 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I do think Watson would have been successful here. Watson hasn't had a good oline since he's been in the league. (Similar to the jets oline) and he had to deal with a brain dead head coach (similar to gase) why wouldn't he have succeeded here?

As for Douglas, I think he knew this team was loaded with bad contracts and no talent so he purposefully didn't go out and spend like a mad man. He signed a bunch of stop gaps to short contracts while he undoes all of maccs mess.

How am I so sure Douglas will surround lawrence with talent? Well I'm not. But we gotta give him a chance. I'm not giving up on him after one year. I think we will learn a lot more about JD this offseason. He has positioned himself with a lot of cap space and a lot of draft picks. Lets see how he uses them.

If you don't have the qb you really don't have anything. 

Passing on lawrence would be like winning the lottery and then throwing away the winning ticket. 

The Texans have so much more talent on the roster that Watson could overcome that. His OL is not good but it wasn't the embarrassing group we put together. I mean Hopkins and Fuller were his Wr's. 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

The Texans have so much more talent on the roster that Watson could overcome that. His OL is not good but it wasn't the embarrassing group we put together. I mean Hopkins and Fuller were his Wr's. 

The narrative at the beginning of the year was that O'Brien was a fool who would destroy Watson by trading away Hopkins for a ham sandwich. But Watson responded how a legit FQB does -- he spread the ball more, taking advantage of whoever is open on the play -- and is actually putting up the best numbers of his career. Worth noting, the Texans running game also stinks.

Will Fuller is a product of Deshaun Watson. Not the other way around.

Gase is terrible  and should have never been hired(said it then) but it is funny  the extreme hate he gets(it is deserved by the way) while our gm is getting a pass who made this roster a million times worse-Gase won a decent amount of games last year-what changed? his gm reduced the talent level on this team greatly , let players of skill go(the adams move may pay of if he can draft) and brought in over 10 terrible free agents including Perriman who he thought was our Robby answer

sadly both gase and joe will be back next year-If I was an attorney in charge of presenting the Gase defense(first I would throw up in my mouth) then I would say Gase  showed he can win 6-7 games with a decent roster-our gm ripped it to shreds and he is being given accolades for it while Gase getting the blame

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

The narrative at the beginning of the year was that O'Brien was a fool who would destroy Watson by trading away Hopkins for a ham sandwich. But Watson responded how a legit FQB does -- he spread the ball more, taking advantage of whoever is open on the play -- and is actually putting up the best numbers of his career. Worth noting, the Texans running game also stinks.

Will Fuller is a product of Deshaun Watson. Not the other way around.

It took Watson time to adjust but he did do that, everyone was down on him at the start of the season. He still is in a better situation  regardless. There is no denying Sam is not as talented though 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

It took Watson time to adjust but he did do that, everyone was down on him at the start of the season. He still is in a better situation  regardless. There is no denying Sam is not as talented though 

Yep. Probably should also say that O'Brien actually does have a track record of developing QBs. In hindsight, what he got out of Hackenberg at Penn State was almost as impressive as turning water into wine -- with two more years under O'Brien, he may well have been a top-5 draft pick. Watson undoubtedly benefited from that O'Brien strength, as well.