The debate is over

AFJF

47 minutes ago, jgb said:

The narrative at the beginning of the year was that O'Brien was a fool who would destroy Watson by trading away Hopkins for a ham sandwich. But Watson responded how a legit FQB does -- he spread the ball more, taking advantage of whoever is open on the play -- and is actually putting up the best numbers of his career. Worth noting, the Texans running game also stinks.

Will Fuller is a product of Deshaun Watson. Not the other way around.

The difference is Watson was already established, Sam was still developing.  I think he should have been much better than he was this year but nothing went right for this team and it was really difficult for him to take that next step because of it.

14 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The difference is Watson was already established, Sam was still developing.  I think he should have been much better than he was this year but nothing went right for this team and it was really difficult for him to take that next step because of it.

Darnold was dealt a bad hand, no doubt. But that doesn't naturally lead to the conclusion that he's a good poker player.

17 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I think he should have been much better than he was this year but nothing went right for this team and it was really difficult for him to take that next step because of it.

He spent 3 months in quarantine with Jordan Palmer right next to Josh Allen for whom it did a world of good.  Sam Darnold is a bust.  No way to sugar-coat it.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, pointman said:

Can't help it, I can't help but feel empathy for people like you. 

lol. Goes both ways. Let me know if I can teach you a thing or two about this game. 

Feel empathy for me?

Teach me anything about the game?

LOL

Why is it that the people who know the least, have no understanding of what theyre watching think theyre the smartest in the room?

On 12/13/2020 at 7:54 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Gase discusses his Madden record with his agent?  They must use that as a resume builder.  Is that what fooled Chris Johnson into thinking he's a genius?

What makes you think Gase can call the plays on Madden?

• Haha 1

On 12/15/2020 at 8:46 AM, Jet Nut said:

Feel empathy for me?

Teach me anything about the game?

LOL

Why is it that the people who know the least, have no understanding of what theyre watching think theyre the smartest in the room?

I don't know, why do you think that about yourself? Do tell. 

On 12/13/2020 at 8:03 PM, JetsFanatic said:

I'm starting to winder myslef now.  Even Kotite never lost 13 in a row.

And made the playoffs with the Eagles of course Buddy Ryan left him a winning team. Although Pete Carroll made the playoffs twice and got canned after going 8-8 then BB resigned from the Jets and took the to Pats 5-11..

On 12/13/2020 at 7:23 PM, ScarletKnight89 said:

If we end up with the number 1 pick and get Trevor Lawrence, and Trevor Lawrence is as great as people think he is going to be, does Adam Gase go from being one of the worst coaches in Jets history to one of the best?

I would equate him more to a great fluffer getting us ready and keeping us ready for the new coach and the money shot.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1