Darnold's people

WowOhWow

I'm very surprised we've not heard anything from Darnold's agent, parents, anyone.  He is playing for a team that is clearly doing everything in it's power to lose and he is getting hung out to dry.

He know's his future with this team is over.  Any fool can see that Gase is an absolute disaster, and literally one of the worst coaches of all time.

Shocked someone hasn't come out to his defense and took some shots at this terrible franchise, coach and ownership group.  You know, typical "Darnold's camp" anonymous stuff.

The dude and his camp are just taking being saddled with a moron without pushing back.

What would Archie Manning be saying???

his value is dropping by the game...and there's a history of players leaving gase and playing well.  

i ask bc it's time more channels start to take shots at this joke of a franchise.

the owners are absent, the coaching the worst i can ever imagine and our hopes are pinned to getting Laurence.

his handlers should be looking out for his best interests and they are not being served right now.  they deserve to be blasted and i'm shocked they're not.

1 minute ago, WowOhWow said:

his value is dropping by the game...and there's a history of players leaving gase and playing well.  

i ask bc it's time more channels start to take shots at this joke of a franchise.

the owners are absent, the coaching the worst i can ever imagine and our hopes are pinned to getting Laurence.

his handlers should be looking out for his best interests and they are not being served right now.  they deserve to be blasted and i'm shocked they're not.

We're 0-13.  That's all that needs to be said.  We're a joke of a franchise regardless.  Why make it worse with negative press?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

I'm very surprised we've not heard anything from Darnold's agent, parents, anyone.  He is playing for a team that is clearly doing everything in it's power to lose and he is getting hung out to dry.

He know's his future with this team is over.  Any fool can see that Gase is an absolute disaster, and literally one of the worst coaches of all time.

Shocked someone hasn't come out to his defense and took some shots at this terrible franchise, coach and ownership group.  You know, typical "Darnold's camp" anonymous stuff.

The dude and his camp are just taking being saddled with a moron without pushing back.

If you want to see a Sam apologist, watch KJ on ESPN. 

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably because it's a bad idea for him or his people to create any negative press when he's just a few months away from being traded to a new team.  

Sam Darnold hopefuls and apologists are going to become very surprised and saddened when we don't receive the 2nd/3rd rounders they're expecting in return for Sam Darnold...

I highly doubt a GM trades away anything more than a mid-to-late round draft pick for a bust QB who's now ranked 43rd amongst all QBs in QB Rating. 

NFL GMs (for the most part) aren't absolutely stupid enough to the point of blessings the Jets with a (potentially) great draft pick (1st, 2nd, 3rd)...

when NFL GMs know 100% (just like us fans) that JD will not pick up his 5th year option (after next year)...

So therefore they'll be able give us absolutely nothingness of trade value while simply waiting to sign him as a FA come 2022 (that's if they even want him, at all). 

We'll receive something closer to a 5th round pick for Sam - before we ever sniff a 1st/2nd/3rd...

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

Sam is part of the problem here.... another idiotic post trying to carve out sams role in this dumpster fire.    Sam Darnold is the worst qb in the nfl right now... and it's not even close 

NO BUT HES A GOOD KID BECAUSE HE DONT CREATE OFF THE FIELD BAD PRESS (Like 99.9% of the players in the NFL)

guess we have a league with 99.9% “GOOD KIDS” Even though they’re paid millions and are expected to keep it quiet off the field. 

oh and news flash Sam sympathizers, JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT HEAR ANY BAD PRESS DONT MAKE ANY OF THESE NFL TOOLS “GOOD KIDS” 

Go cry in a corner for the QB millionaire scrub ????

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Say what you want about Darnold as a QB, but he's been nothing less than professional in the media, and I don't think he'd like for his "people" to make noise during a season. He's not Baker Mayfield.

I'm sure like all of us, he just wants this season to be over.

Meaning he's not a cat turd sandwich. Agreed. Not being snide. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

He probably has access to the GM and C-Suite sufficient to get his point across over Gase’s efforts to control team operations.

The GM and the ownership will have to assess whether Darnold simply regressed to the point of incompetence and forgot how to play QB, or if it was the staff, a combination of both, or if it was indeed Gase’s fault. 

I’m on the side of Darnold would have been better served by a coach that adjusted his strategies to his team’s talent, rather than trying to shoehorn his team to his strategies. 

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

Not sure having mommy and daddy complain about the organization is the way to go to be honest. 

3 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

He is doing the right thing. He is working hard but the situation isn't anything that can be saved.

He controlled the narrative to an extent, 3 or 4 wins would have been enough to make the Jets consider giving him another shot under a new coach (having lost out on Trevor, Fields and BYU possibly in that scenario).

So he is doing the right thing, grinding and keeping his head high. He has regressed so anything he says now will only hurt his stock. Everyone seems to agree that he will get a 2nd chance somewhere. Although with as bad as this season has gone he isn't getting anything handed to him. So his next spot is important, he will have a chance to speak by playing well in the future.

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably because it's a bad idea for him or his people to create any negative press when he's just a few months away from being traded to a new team.  

Sometimes life isn't fair and you don't get dealt a great hand.  But Darnold's camp calling out the Jets org right now when he's had 5 games in the last 6 where he failed to throw a TD wouldn't exactly be a good look.  He sucks and is part of the problem.

Maybe Darnold is color blind and has never revealed this. Would explain a lot.  

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Sam Darnold hopefuls and apologists are going to become very surprised and saddened when we don't receive the 2nd/3rd rounders they're expecting in return for Sam Darnold...

I highly doubt a GM trades away anything more than a mid-to-late round draft pick for a bust QB who's now ranked 43rd amongst all QBs in QB Rating. 

NFL GMs (for the most part) aren't absolutely stupid enough to the point of blessings the Jets with a (potentially) great draft pick (1st, 2nd, 3rd)...

when NFL GMs know 100% (just like us fans) that JD will not pick up his 5th year option (after next year)...

So therefore they'll be able give us absolutely nothingness of trade value while simply waiting to sign him as a FA come 2022 (that's if they even want him, at all). 

We'll receive something closer to a 5th round pick for Sam - before we ever sniff a 1st/2nd/3rd...

He's played very poorly, that's certainly true.  He is also 23 and under team control for a relatively cheap 2 years so for that reason I think he is more valuable than you are thinking.  I think at least a second rounder. Darnold has shown flashes here and there, Gase's reputation is to  get the least out of a player, and  everyone always thinks they are the one to unlock all the potential that the last team couldn't.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

It never works. When we started JetNation @The Gun Of Bavaria had his parents "talk to me" at a tailgate. They complained that he should have a senior moderator title because he was more experienced. When I pointed out several spelling errors they became irate.

These things just don't end well.

I was robbed out of the title of Senior Moderator..... I haven't forgotten that or your 720p TV 

9 minutes ago, docdhc said:

He's played very poorly, that's certainly true.  He is also 23 and under team control for a relatively cheap 2 years so for that reason I think he is more valuable than you are thinking.  I think at least a second rounder. Darnold has shown flashes here and there, Gase's reputation is to  get the least out of a player, and  everyone always thinks they are the one to unlock all the potential that the last team couldn't.  

i will tell you how this will work.

base on him being injured and missed at least 3 games a year for 3 years. add to the fact thats hes been really bad as the starting QB of a  0-16 team they will offer a 5th rd pick with incentives.  if he play 80% of the offensive snaps it will go to a 4th rd pick. maybe if he throws 25 or 30 tds, ( sams best is 19 TDs ) and throws for maybe 3,000 yds which he barely made last year then it goes to a #3 pick.

nobodys giving him an out right #2. some of his throws are horrendous. 

and your right about everyone thinks they can unlock the potential, but not at that price.

39 minutes ago, doitny said:

base on him being injured and missed at least 3 games a year for 3 years. add to the fact thats hes been really bad as the starting QB of a  0-16 team they will offer a 5th rd pick with incentives.  if he play 80% of the offensive snaps it will go to a 4th rd pick. maybe if he throws 25 or 30 tds, ( sams best is 19 TDs ) and throws for maybe 3,000 yds which he barely made last year then it goes to a #3 pick.

and your right about everyone thinks they can unlock the potential, but not at that price.

Time will tell. If there are a few teams bidding it will drive the price up. It only takes one team to over pay. 

2 hours ago, doitny said:

The Jets aren’t trading him for a 5th round pick. At that point you might as well keep him around and see if a new head coach can do anything with him.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, AtticusGase said:

The Jets aren’t trading him for a 5th round pick. At that point you might as well keep him around and see if a new head coach can do anything with him.

I disagree, at this point I think the jets may cut him to give him a chance to choose where he wants to go. 

3 hours ago, docdhc said:

**** you sam and "flashes"