Darnold's people

WowOhWow

Cmon.  All of this anti darnold stuff is a bit much.  No run game and no receivers and marginal pass protection.  Put any other QBs in the same situation and he will fail.  He’ll play like when orlovsky ran out of the end zone. Especially after three seasons of this.

the bottom line is he played and the team still failed.  Time to move on when the opportunity exists.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

**** you sam and "flashes"

Look I get it you think he stinks and I can’t argue you’re wrong by what he’s done on the field. I’m only saying that teams in the past have overpayed for potential especially with a 23 year old QB that won’t cost that much for two years. We never thought Jamal would net 2 1st rounders or that Williams would net a 3 rd. It only takes 1 team to do something stupid. 

9 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

I'm very surprised we've not heard anything from Darnold's agent, parents, anyone.  He is playing for a team that is clearly doing everything in it's power to lose and he is getting hung out to dry.

He know's his future with this team is over.  Any fool can see that Gase is an absolute disaster, and literally one of the worst coaches of all time.

Shocked someone hasn't come out to his defense and took some shots at this terrible franchise, coach and ownership group.  You know, typical "Darnold's camp" anonymous stuff.

The dude and his camp are just taking being saddled with a moron without pushing back.

What would Archie Manning be saying???

not for nothing, i don't think this team is TRYING to lose.  i just think the roster and coaches are that bad that they are losing.  what is sam's family or agent going to say?  he's had his opportunities and he hasn't taken advantage of them.  they know their time in NY is over and they're moving on.  the jets certainly didn't help darnold but he didn't help himself either.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, AtticusGase said:

The Jets aren’t trading him for a 5th round pick. At that point you might as well keep him around and see if a new head coach can do anything with him.

Why?  Are we getting a comp pick better than a 5th for Darnold when he'd walk as a free agent?  Highly doubtful.  Take the pick.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Losmeister said:

hlw much fpor the nfl's worst qb over the last three years? bidding war? jfc

Most likely scenario is Darnold is brought in as a backup somewhere and will either need to win a QB competition in camp, or wait for an injury. No one is paying a lot for a dude like that on a one year deal that everyone knows the Jets will be unloading no matter what.

Lets go to the film! Sam is a disaster right now & there is no doubt in my mind that the film room is not kind to our man Sam. Gase system sucks but guys are open sometimes & he doesn't even see them. 

He threw the ball right to 3 defenders who dropped them (ok, 1 was a tip) but he really stinks right now. He makes 1 play out of 10 when he leaves the pocket now. 

I will say the announcer made a crack at Gase offense when he said, Sam has zero oulets, lol. Sam rolled out, chased, and absloutely no one was in the vicinity for him to even take a short gain.  Double whammy, bad offensive scheme + a bad QB = I think 5 quarters now with negative yards or less than 20 yards? Unheard of in this offensive league.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, docdhc said:

Look I get it you think he stinks and I can’t argue you’re wrong by what he’s done on the field. I’m only saying that teams in the past have overpayed for potential especially with a 23 year old QB that won’t cost that much for two years. We never thought Jamal would net 2 1st rounders or that Williams would net a 3 rd. It only takes 1 team to do something stupid. 

One year

15 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

I'm very surprised we've not heard anything from Darnold's agent, parents, anyone.  He is playing for a team that is clearly doing everything in it's power to lose and he is getting hung out to dry.

He know's his future with this team is over.  Any fool can see that Gase is an absolute disaster, and literally one of the worst coaches of all time.

Shocked someone hasn't come out to his defense and took some shots at this terrible franchise, coach and ownership group.  You know, typical "Darnold's camp" anonymous stuff.

The dude and his camp are just taking being saddled with a moron without pushing back.

What would Archie Manning be saying???

Gase is an absolute disaster, but so is Darnold. He is the worst QB in the NFL. Which is the chicken, and which is the egg? You tell me.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

Lets go to the film! Sam is a disaster right now & there is no doubt in my mind that the film room is not kind to our man Sam. Gase system sucks but guys are open sometimes & he doesn't even see them. 

He threw the ball right to 3 defenders who dropped them (ok, 1 was a tip) but he really stinks right now. He makes 1 play out of 10 when he leaves the pocket now. 

I will say the announcer made a crack at Gase offense when he said, Sam has zero oulets, lol. Sam rolled out, chased, and absloutely no one was in the vicinity for him to even take a short gain.  Double whammy, bad offensive scheme + a bad QB = I think 5 quarters now with negative yards or less than 20 yards? Unheard of in this offensive league.

I think it's funny that some seem to think that the same GM who failed utterly to surround Sam with weaponz somehow hit a grand slam with Darnold. 

• Haha 3

I don't think the book is totally closed on Sam Darnold. I remember Jim Plunkett. Rated by many experts at the time as the greatest QB to come out of college. First pick in the draft by the Patriots it almost killed his career the Pats were pathetic. His first three seasons he was sacked 112 times. His second season was very Darnold like 8 TD's and 25 Interceptions. After 4 1/2 years of being a tackling dummy he was traded to the 49 er's. Wish we could get the deal the Pats got. 2 #1's in the upcoming draft then the #1 the next year and the #2. The 49er's also tossed in QB Tom Owen. In 1976 the Pats 3 #1's were Pete Brock, Tim Fox and Mike Haynes. 1977 Raymond Claiborne and Horace Ivory. Hope Trevor doesn't go through what Plunkett went through.

18 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Not Sam's way. 

He comes off like a really good guy who is just in over his head. 

I also suspect he is just shell-shocked. He probably is as surprised by how bad he has been as anyone else. 

Pretty much this.

I feel bad for the kid, but it is what it is. Circumstances or not he just hasn't played well enough.

• Upvote 2

Sam and his family would be absolutely justified in complaining loudly about how bad he was handled.

Even JD, famously, told Sam's mom that he would get his son the support he needs....

And then went on to let his only weapon go in FA, sign a 37 year old RB and a bunch of other teams back-ups to protect him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Sam and his family would be absolutely justified in complaining loudly about how bad he was handled.

Even JD, famously, told Sam's mom that he would get his son the support he needs....

And then went on to let his only weapon go in FA, sign a 37 year old RB and a bunch of other teams back-ups to protect him.

In a way maybe he is protecting him by getting him the Hell out of here as soon as possible!

21 hours ago, AtticusGase said:

The Jets aren’t trading him for a 5th round pick. At that point you might as well keep him around and see if a new head coach can do anything with him.

do what? if we draft Trevor, or another QB (if we dont get the #1 pick)  sam is going to the bench. he will never play. no one will see any improvement from the new coach cause he wont be playing. and you dont want sam backing up Trevor. you want a vet who might not be so great but has experience that he could pass down.

plus sams not going to want to be backup for his replacement. he will be a backup for another team, but not the team who doesnt want you to start anymore. plus the controversy the media will bring with both of them will hurt them both

you guys got to put yourselves in the other teams shoes.

1. you know the Jets have to get rid of sam if the draft Trevor. you dont have to over pay

2. if the roles were reversed we would lose our minds if JD gave a #2 for sam. we would be outside his house with pick forks and torches demanding he be fired. he went backwards this year

if you want a #2 for sam then he has to earn it. my scenario makes the most sense for the other team to take a chance.

some  say its the coach, or the roster, or both. well maybe your right.....MAYBE!

but what if your wrong and hes just not that good, or Gase ruined him. im not giving you a #2 or even a 3 to find out.   

take my offer of a 5 in 2022 that can turn to a 3 if he plays and plays good or sit him on your bench and get nothing.

trevor and sam together would be like your girlfriend breaking up with you but you still live with her and have to see her new boyfriend everyday cause he just moved in too. and dont tell me sam wont hate him. everybody hates the new BF of there exs especially when you still love her but she broke up with you anyway

6 hours ago, doitny said:

take my offer of a 5 in 2022 that can turn to a 3 if he plays and plays good or sit him on your bench and get nothing.

trevor and sam together would be like your girlfriend breaking up with you but you still live with her and have to see her new boyfriend everyday cause he just moved in too. and dont tell me sam wont hate him. everybody hates the new BF of there exs especially when you still love her but she broke up with you anyway

What did the the Cardinals get for Rosen? A 2nd rounder. And Rosen has been a complete flop. Teams will pair the two together and will not give up a 2nd for Sam. They will fear giving up a 2nd rounder for Sam who has regressed as badly as Rosen.  The most the Jets can get is a 3rd rounder - maybe maybe an extra pick if he plays decently etc based on his performance in 2021.