End of an Era

Jet_Engine1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

100%.  It's not even close. Brady dreams of doing what Rodgers can do.  Rodgers is so much more talented they're really not comparable.  Hell, I'll already put Mahomes ahead of Brady, guy legit, doesnt have a fraction of his talent.

would take Dilfer over Marino because, Super Bowl!

Im sure Brady admires Rogers....  but does not dream of being him.  Your Pats hatred is simply childish.  I googled GOAT and saw 4 or 5 lists NONE did NOT have Brady as #1.

NFL.com Brady 1, Rogers 6, ESPN poll of NFL coaches (but you're smarter than they are , we know)  Tom Brady 1 Rogers 5.  They ALL have Brady 1 and Rogers no where better than 5. 

Find ONE independent poll putting Rogers above Brady. Just one.  

35 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Im sure Brady admires Rogers....  but does not dream of being him.  Your Pats hatred is simply childish.  I googled GOAT and saw 4 or 5 lists NONE did NOT have Brady as #1.

NFL.com Brady 1, Rogers 6, ESPN poll of NFL coaches (but you're smarter than they are , we know)  Tom Brady 1 Rogers 5.  They ALL have Brady 1 and Rogers no where better than 5. 

You googled GOAT?  My brother, come on.  lol  

You're just simply not taking situation into the equation and neither are these blowhards opinion you're taking as gospel.   Not just the coaching, not just the D's that Brady had, the running games, not just the talent around him (arguably the greatest slot, TE and WR to every play, played with Brady and OL's who go entire years without holding calls), Rodgers has thrown 1 TD pass his entire career to a 1st round pick and that was last year to 36 year old, Mercedes Lewis, and then there is the whole factor that GB is owned by fans, not Robert Kraft.   The situations are totally not equal and you're high as a kite if you think Rodgers doesnt have similar success.  I'm sorry but it's totally absurd to think he wouldnt have multiple rings and even more MVPs if he played in NE.   Oh, and cheating, years and year of cheating.  How anyone could consider a cheater the GOAT is baffling but I digress. 

We can agree to disagree but IMO it's legit, not even comparable.  Rodgers is so clearly head and shoulders more talented than Brady, I legit dont even know how you could argue otherwise, so all good in the hood.  Different strokes for different folks.  But again, you're arguing Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer and Nick Foles over Dan Marino because they have hardware.  

And yes, Brady has admitted he dreams of doing what Rodgers can do.  In fact, he said this;

“He’d throw for 7,000 yards every year,” Brady reportedly said. “He’s so much more talented than me. What he’s done as a quarterback, I think it’s inspiring, even for me. I watch his game, and it makes me want to get out there and practice and improve,” Brady said in an interview for WEEI’s “Kirk & Callahan.” “I think he’s so phenomenal with how he manages himself in the pocket, and his ability to throw the football is probably unlike anybody in the history of the league. It’s pretty awesome to watch. I mean he throws some of the best incompletions I’ve ever seen.”

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, JiF said:

You googled GOAT?  My brother, come on.  lol  

You're just simply not taking situation into the equation and neither are these blowhards opinion you're taking as gospel.   Not just the coaching, not just the D's that Brady had, the running games, not just the talent around him (arguably the greatest slot, TE and WR to every play, played with Brady and OL's who go entire years without holding calls), Rodgers has thrown 1 TD pass his entire career to a 1st round pick and that was last year to 36 year old, Mercedes Lewis, and then there is the whole factor that GB is owned by fans, not Robert Kraft.   The situations are totally not equal and you're high as a kite if you think Rodgers doesnt have similar success.  I'm sorry but it's totally absurd to think he wouldnt have multiple rings and even more MVPs if he played in NE. 

We can agree to disagree but IMO it's legit, not even comparable.  Rodgers is so clearly head and shoulders more talented than Brady, I legit dont even know how you could argue otherwise, so all good in the hood.  Different strokes for different folks.  But again, you're arguing Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer and Nick Foles over Dan Marino because they have hardware.  I

And yes, Brady has admitted he dreams of doing what Rodgers can do.  In fact, he said this;

“He’d throw for 7,000 yards every year,” Brady reportedly said. “He’s so much more talented than me. What he’s done as a quarterback, I think it’s inspiring, even for me. I watch his game, and it makes me want to get out there and practice and improve,” Brady said in an interview for WEEI’s “Kirk & Callahan.” “I think he’s so phenomenal with how he manages himself in the pocket, and his ability to throw the football is probably unlike anybody in the history of the league. It’s pretty awesome to watch. I mean he throws some of the best incompletions I’ve ever seen.”

LMAO!!!!!   Stats don't matter, just the opinion of some fan of the NY Jets!   We have to pick a number 1 and no one has Rogers higher than 5 except Jets fans.  

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

LMAO!!!!!   Stats don't matter, just the opinion of some fan of the NY Jets!   We have to pick a number 1 and no one has Rogers higher than 5 except Jets fans.  

So, Brady saying Rodger is more talented then him doesnt matter?

bro..

lmfao - good talk

❤️

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

No, not Gase and Darnold, that doesn't qualify as an "era", more of an error, really. 

But the old guard of Quarterbacks of the past 20 years, who have dominated the Playoffs, SBs, Pro Bowls etc.. seems like its finally coming to an end. 

Brady is ancient and doesn't seem like he's enjoying life in Tampa...

Brees is breaking down physically and just seems done.

Roethlisberger looks like an ancient statue tonight.

Rivers is totally shot, and has been for a while now. 

Rodgers is hanging in there,  but hasn't been to a SB in over a decade and isn't getting any younger. 

Seems like a good time to be picking the top prospect at QB in a decade...not that the AFC East will remain the cakewalk it was for the Pats for 15 years. Of course. 

Miami and Buffalo have their QBs, don't screw this up, and PLEASE,  don't let Gase fall into Belichicks trap Week 17. That would just be the ******* apocalypse, because I don't buy into the optimism that Jax wins a game. Of any team right now, THEY'RE the team that should be getting accused of "Tanking" (Glennon over Healthy Minshew?)....The Jets just plain old SUCK. 

And Yet those guys are still better than everyone else in the league . Everyone plays bad against the Bills defense Rothlesburger 29 TD 3290 yards 66%  is no different what did the Steelers do last year without him ??

Brees 10-3 has broken ribs that does not constitute breaking down he had 18 TD's and 3 Int's 73% comp rating before getting hurt . Rodgers 10-3 39 TD's 66% 3685 is in the running for a MVP . Brady is with a new team and new offense and yet he's still 8-5 30 TD's 66% 3500 yards something no other QB there was able to accomplish. Rivers is 9-4 with 20 TD's 9 Int's 68% completion rating 3500 yards passing.

Are they what they once were ? Of course not but the Playoffs and the SB still go through them. I would be willing to bet one or possibly even 2 of these guys play in the SB. FWIW a few of them are having their best years.

What exactly is coming to an end ? Every one of these guys is heading to the playoffs

5 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

PLEASE...  9 SB appearances, 6 wins, 4 MVPs  and you're comparing him to a guy who has been to 1 SB?

Brady has done it with guys like Welker and other second rate receivers etc.. so don't hand me this crap about better teams. Brady carried most of those teams on his back.

Rogers is great but the stats don't even come close to support your case.

Did Rogers ever have the type of teams that NE had... I dare say no... But go ahead and anoint TB, because what is he doing in Tampa. If Rogers and Brady were switched in those years, Rogers would be talked about the same way TB is.

1 minute ago, 68JET11 said:

Did Rogers ever have the type of teams that NE had... I dare say no... But go ahead and anoint TB, because what is he doing in Tampa. If Rogers and Brady were switched in those years, Rogers would be talked about the same way TB is.

There is still value in having done a thing that's not diminished if you don't think the guy had to crawl over broken glass to do it.

4 hours ago, JiF said:

100%.  It's not even close. Brady dreams of doing what Rodgers can do.  Rodgers is so much more talented they're really not comparable.  Hell, I'll already put Mahomes ahead of Brady, guy legit, doesnt have a fraction of his talent.

would take Dilfer over Marino because, Super Bowl!

He probably would take Dilfer over Marina because of the SB stat. Marino is one of the best there ever was also. 

1 minute ago, jgb said:

There is still value in having done a thing that's not diminished if you don't think the guy had to crawl over broken glass to do it.

Not saying TB isn't a good QB, but I believe most of it was the system he was in because NE always has had a good offensive philosophy and an OL that benefitted from non existent holding calls. He fit perfectly into it, with all the dinks and dunks to the Edelman's and Amandola's...

7 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

He probably would take Dilfer over Marina because of the SB stat. Marino is one of the best there ever was also. 

I would have loved Marino throwing to Toon and Walker and Shula with Freeman and Hector plus the Sack exchange D.. We couldn't believe he was there for us and then they said Ken O'Brien.. I'm still not over it..?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

I would have loved Marino throwing to Toon and Walker and Shula with Freeman and Hector plus the Sack exchange D.. We couldn't believe he was there for us and then they said Ken O'Brien.. I'm still not over it..?

Me either... He would have been the perfect selection. 

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Very simple, it's because of NE....  If you can't see that, then I guess you never will. It's not our hatred of NE even though we do, that makes us see that. Again, it's the system Brady was in that allowed him to flourish the way he did. NE has always had good if not great teams the past 20 years. Put him on the cleveland browns, or us for that matter and tell me if he's #1 on the GOAT list still.  Come on man lol...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Savage69 said:

Jets were never, never, never going to take Marino. Even if he lasted to the 12th round. Two reasons:

-Marino's knee. The Jets were skittish on knee injuries, post the Namath knee. DR James Nicholas made them very conservative on possible degenerative knee conditions.

-The rumors of drug use. The Jets stayed clear of these types of players.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Jets were never, never, never going to take Marino. Even if he lasted to the 12th round. Two reasons:

-Marino's knee. The Jets were skittish on knee injuries, post the Namath knee. DR James Nicholas made them very conservative on possible degenerative knee conditions.

-The rumors of drug use. The Jets stayed clear of these types of players.

If anything the Jets should have learned from Joe taking party animals with bad knee's can be great players. Funny both Namath and Marino had 7 and 9 rushing td's.. Good knee's Kenny had 0..

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Rogers is very talented, top 5 or 6.  I stated... don't hand me that stuff about teams. Brady has won SB's with converted QB's as his receiver.

Please find me any recognized list of QB's that have Rogers higher than 5.  NFL coached poll, friggin coaches, have Brady as number 1 as does every list I have seen.

What he has done is simply indisputable unless you're a Jets fan. NO QB has gone to more than 4...  he has gone to 9.

Many of his teams were crappy. 

41 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Very simple, it's because of NE....  If you can't see that, then I guess you never will. It's not our hatred of NE even though we do, that makes us see that. Again, it's the system Brady was in that allowed him to flourish the way he did. NE has always had good if not great teams the past 20 years. Put him on the cleveland browns, or us for that matter and tell me if he's #1 on the GOAT list still.  Come on man lol...

We disagree....  3-4 of those teams were simply average in talent. Look what he is doing in Tampa at age 42.  But I  am done here...  I'll agree with NFL coaches, you can agree with other fans.

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Watson emoji23.pngemoji1787.pngemoji23.png

Definitely a top 10 QB in the NFL and maybe top 5.  O'Brien traded away his # 1 option, a top 5 WR, and he still has a 25/6 TD:INT ratio and is averaging 8.7 yards per attempt (# 1 in the NFL right now).

The Watson hate is getting ridiculous.  He's elite, and people who argue otherwise look silly at this point.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

We disagree....  3-4 of those teams were simply average in talent. Look what he is doing in Tampa at age 42.  But I  am done here...  I'll agree with NFL coaches, you can agree with other fans.

We do, however I'm not saying TB is not good, he's just not as good as Rogers...

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I don't give two f**ks about independent polls.  Least reliable method of evaluating players.

Tom Brady played for a cheating franchise and was a cheater himself.  He's Lance Armstrong minus the millions raised for cancer research.  Everything he accomplished in his career is tainted.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Definitely a top 10 QB in the NFL and maybe top 5.  O'Brien traded away his # 1 option, a top 5 WR, and he still has a 25/6 TD:INT ratio and is averaging 8.7 yards per attempt (# 1 in the NFL right now).

The Watson hate is getting ridiculous.  He's elite, and people who argue otherwise look silly at this point.  

I don't get it either.

"He's a product of having the best WR in the NFL."

Take Nuk away. Watson improves.

"Will Fuller is elite."

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I agree with Rodgers looking like he has at least 3 years left in him. Should be interesting to see what happens with Jordan Love. Honestly, if I was Green Bay I’d cut my losses an try to trade him 

I have friends that are big 49er fans, they talk about him to the Niners.

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't give two f**ks about independent polls.  Least reliable method of evaluating players.

Tom Brady played for a cheating franchise and was a cheater himself.  He's Lance Armstrong minus the millions raised for cancer research.  Everything he accomplished in his career is tainted.

Now sit down, relax, check your blood pressure.  It's only a game. :)

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Tom Brady - Aaron Rodgers is more talented then me and would have done better then me in NE.

Jets fans - Tom Brady is the goat and only a Jets fan would say otherwise.  lol

You know how many girls I told they were "The best".  :)

Tom Brady on the record of course would say that....  what he thinks is "Show me the trophy's".

7 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I have friends that are big 49er fans, they talk about him to the Niners.

I feel like we're selling a lemon on Craigslist and a really nice family comes for a test drive. Always feel a little guilty but you take the envelope anyway.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

You know how many girls I told they were "The best".  :)

Tom Brady on the record of course would say that....  what he thinks is "Show me the trophy's".

Oh, ok, so Brady tells the obvious truth but lets listen to some super smart sportswriter from Bristol.  

lol 

Robert Horry >>> Charles Barkley because trophies. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Oh, ok, so Brady tells the obvious truth but lets listen to some super smart sportswriter from Bristol.  

lol 

Robert Horry >>> Charles Barkley because trophies. 

NFL Coaches poll is pretty damning evidence....  that puts 5 players between Brady and Rogers.   

It's the Greg Norman debate...  Very few trophies ranks him much lower than his talent.

Talent alone is meaningless unless results are made.  1 SB appearance?  Heck Favre had 2.