Josh Allen evolving while Darnold regresses...

Slikmojet!

Darnold sucks and will be gone, he may end up being tannehill or Rosen we don;t know.

I just can't make these kind of comparisons.

It's like berating the QB for the Citadel and comparing him to trevor Lawrence.

We have by far the worst coaching staff in the league.

Terrible talent everywhere, our big gift to the QB was perriman while guys like Allen get Diggs and Murray get hopkins.

Our couple of decent looking picks from last year can't stay on the field and far too many of them look iffy at best if not total non entities.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Slikmojet! said:

Diggs is legit, but how do you explain that pass that Darnold threw straight at Adams? The bonehead throw is ever present with Darnold, a pick 6 was his first NFL pass, I knew then we were fcked. Darnold had that pass agaisnt Penn State and then the one on the boat and people went crazy annointing him as the next big thing. I never saw it, he looked ok to me not special. The one guy who made me drool was Josh Allen.

Okay, bills fan

4 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I was so wrong on Allen.  I thought his accuracy issues couldn't be fixed and he had a dopey, frat boy, deer in head lights kinda look to him...to the point I didnt think he would be able to read NFL defenses.

After 3 years of studying why he is doing well and Sam isn't I'm pretty sure the reason is Sam has red hair.

The dopey look is intentional.  Defensive backs who look back to see where the QB is going with the ball get nothing.  

• Haha 1

Josh Allen is already the 4th best QB in the NFL in my eyes, just a beast.

Darnold has been broken. His confidence shattered. He threw in the towel in the second half today, afraid to throw.

I don’t blame him, I really don’t. I can’t think of a single QB in NFL history that has had a worse set of circumstances. 

I still think he is young enough and works hard enough to turn his career around in a better situation, it’s happened before (Steve Young), but that’s irrelevant to us at this point. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, heymangold said:

If they switched places I think the results would be the same.  Buffalo built AROUND josh allen, the Jets did not. Diggs, Beasley, John Brown, Singletary - a legit defense. There isn’t a skill player on the Jets nearly as good as those on the Bills.

From a physical standpoint Allen may be the most gifted QB the league has ever seen. He has Marino’s arm and then some plus he runs like a tight end.The throws he can make are unreal.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Matt39 said:

From a physical standpoint Allen may be the most gifted QB the league has ever seen. The throws he can make are unreal.

so if you give him the sh!t that sam has had the last 3 years, he'd be having the same success?  you can put pat mahomes on this team for the past 3 years and i could guarantee he wouldn't be as successful.  i'm not trying to defend sam, mainly pointing out how the organization shapes how these guys progress.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

so if you give him the sh!t that sam has had the last 3 years, he'd be having the same success?  you can put pat mahomes on this team for the past 3 years and i could guarantee he wouldn't be as successful.  i'm not trying to defend sam, mainly pointing out how the organization shapes how these guys progress.

The Jets suck at evaluating talent. No it’s doubtful he would have been successful here. The Bills also hired a solid coach and a real GM.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Agree with this 100%.

No QB enters the NFL perfect. The team that drafts them has to develop them to be the best they can become.

Some will never be better than OK / decent, and no amount of coaching and surrounding talent will make enough of a difference (e.g. Geno Smith).

But to date the Jets have been very poor at drafting and developing QBs. Our better QBs of the past 10+ years have been Favre, Fitz and McCown. In between we've drafted Sanchez, Smith and Darnold. (I won't even mention the other one by name). I don't believe that Sam was destined to fail. He may never have succeeded wherever he went, but I am certain he'd have turned out far better in another setting. He'd probably still make those horrid interceptions, but would do enough around them that they wouldn't be so terminal. But with us there is nothing else; the great plays are outweighed by the poor ones.

This HAS to change with whoever we draft next year, or it'll be deja vu all over again. And that change starts with Gase.

• Upvote 1

From a physical standpoint Allen may be the most gifted QB the league has ever seen. He has Marino’s arm and then some plus he runs like a tight end.The throws he can make are unreal.

Allen and Cam probably are the most physically gifted QBs that have ever played in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets suck at evaluating talent. No it’s doubtful he would have been successful here. The Bills also hired a solid coach and a real GM.

Evaluating AND developing.

Bills saw Allen's strengths and weaknesses and coached / improved / schemed accordingly.

Jets don't seem to have done anything of the sorts with Sam. He's a poorer QB now than when we drafted him.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I watched the game last night because of fantasy football implications.  Josh Allen is progressing at an alarming rate, and I see elite talent pestering us for the next ten years. Darnold makes me sad.

It's the Jets in general that make me sad. If it was just Darnold that wouldn't be so bad, you can draft his replacement, but when the whole organisation is inept in QB development ... it gives you the feeling that it doesn't matter who we draft, it'll turn out the same.

Fortunately, history plays little or no part in what happens next. You don't have to undo all the past failures; a clean slate with a new coach / QB combo can succeed straight off the bat. We just need to pray they get these elements right.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I still think darnold is better than allen. Allen has a team around him and an offensive line. Darnold has no team outside of a left tackle and a coach who believes that players need to build around his offensive play calling instead of building his playcalls around the strengths of his players. I would be surprised if darnold doesn't take a leap foward after gase is away from him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Are you serious? 
Allen in our division is the worst thing that could happen to us after Brady left! 
He’s only going to get better which is really scary! 
Kid threw an out of 38 yards on a rope last night & then threw a beautiful touch pass between 3 defenders with touch! 
You better hope the Bill don’t get Etienne or Harris, the Bills RBs are pedestrian. 

• Upvote 1

Are you serious? 
Allen in our division is the worst thing that could happen to us after Brady left! 
He’s only going to get better which is really scary! 
Kid threw an out of 38 yards on a rope last night & then threw a beautiful touch pass between 3 defenders with touch! 
You better hope the Bill don’t get Etienne or Harris, the Bills RBs are pedestrian. 
Allen is much better than I thought he was going to be but he has everything that darnold does not. He has a coaching staff that works with his strengths, he has recievers and an offensive line, he has a defense that allows him to win the games when he scores 20 points or more. Darnold looked decent when bowles was here and regressed under the offensive genius adam gase maybe I am wrong but I believe once gase is gone darnold will become a great qb, if we get lawrence I could see darnold getting traded to a contender and really becoming good maybe learning behind a brees or rothlesburger for a year? Time will tell I still believe darnold has a higher ceiling than allen.

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Regardless of anything Flacco played better with the same cast, Sam excuses are done. The sympathizers just look biased and ignorant now Smfh 

I can see what you're saying but Flacco is a finished product. He wasn't ****ed from the start. He was actually un****ed in Baltimore, so I don't think these are fair comparisons. 

6 hours ago, Slikmojet! said:

Diggs is legit, but how do you explain that pass that Darnold threw straight at Adams? The bonehead throw is ever present with Darnold, a pick 6 was his first NFL pass, I knew then we were fcked. Darnold had that pass agaisnt Penn State and then the one on the boat and people went crazy annointing him as the next big thing. I never saw it, he looked ok to me not special. The one guy who made me drool was Josh Allen.

These 2 players, in one play. Darnold cannot pick up a safety in his read if his life depended on it, Adams cannot catch a ball that's practically gift-wrapped. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Allen is much better than I thought he was going to be but he has everything that darnold does not. He has a coaching staff that works with his strengths, he has recievers and an offensive line, he has a defense that allows him to win the games when he scores 20 points or more. Darnold looked decent when bowles was here and regressed under the offensive genius adam gase maybe I am wrong but I believe once gase is gone darnold will become a great qb, if we get lawrence I could see darnold getting traded to a contender and really becoming good maybe learning behind a brees or rothlesburger for a year? Time will tell I still believe darnold has a higher ceiling than allen.

Odds are he'll be somewhere on the food chain between what he is now and what Allen is now. I fully believe that Allen would have been a disaster here, however.

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Regardless of anything Flacco played better with the same cast, Sam excuses are done. The sympathizers just look biased and ignorant now Smfh 

This the the point that has opened my eyes the most . I was wrong about Sam and part of me kept saying “get him an o line and some players and maybe he will be OK “

flacco is washed and made the Jets look like a functional offense . Maybe the Personnel . coaching and scheme aren’t as God awful as perceived. And Sam really is that bad and is the main problem

i kinda hope that’s the case 

6 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I was so wrong on Allen.  I thought his accuracy issues couldn't be fixed and he had a dopey, frat boy, deer in head lights kinda look to him...to the point I didnt think he would be able to read NFL defenses.

After 3 years of studying why he is doing well and Sam isn't I'm pretty sure the reason is Sam has red hair.

I'm still holding out Josh Allen pulls a Carson Wentz next season in hostile environments on the road with all the fans back, thus loses confidence and continues to force things and crap out at home.

19 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

You still think Darnold is better than Allen?

Allen has shown that he can play like a top 5 QB. 

6 hours ago, Slikmojet! said:

This is too painful to watch, Allen is destined to be a top 5 QB in this league while Darnold is coming close to getting a one way ticket to the CFL like his buddy Rosen. Many believed Allen would never fix his accuracy issues but he has become a 70 percent passer while our very own Sammy Pickinpaw has trouble completing 50 percent of his.

Who here still thinks Darnold is better than Allen?

Let me ask you this. 

We all remember Darnold looked promising in his rookie season and we remember Allen looked like a RB playing QB. How do you Allen does with his best WR being Braxton Barrios and Crowder and Gase as his HC?