Josh Allen evolving while Darnold regresses...

Slikmojet!

19 hours ago, Slikmojet! said:

Diggs is legit, but how do you explain that pass that Darnold threw straight at Adams? The bonehead throw is ever present with Darnold, a pick 6 was his first NFL pass, I knew then we were fcked.  

I'm out. This thread is brutal. Poor Sam. And all this when Sam sad he loved NJ and wanted to stay a Jet forever. He gets his soul ravaged and pooped on. Meh. I guess sucking.. sucks. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 12:57 PM, bealeb319 said:

I still think darnold is better than allen. Allen has a team around him and an offensive line. Darnold has no team outside of a left tackle and a coach who believes that players need to build around his offensive play calling instead of building his playcalls around the strengths of his players. I would be surprised if darnold doesn't take a leap foward after gase is away from him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

I agree with this take. As we've seen the last couple of weeks, Sam is more than capable of leading this team to wins.

Next season he'll springboard Allen again and will be back to the best QB from that draft. I look forward to seeing what Allen does tonight against a NE team fighting for pride. He was terrible last time and I think he'll come back to earth with a bump

16 minutes ago, NamathToCaster said:

Sam and Josh headed in different directions.  Sam said in ESPN radio interview today he has learned to throw the ball away if there is nothing there.  "Live to see another day" he said.  It took him 3 years to learn that?  Can't wait till he is shipped out.    

Remember when we had to bring in Joe Girardi to teach Sanchez to slide?

Sanchez, Geno, Darnold — slow football brains 

5 hours ago, lattyshakespear said:

I agree with this take. As we've seen the last couple of weeks, Sam is more than capable of leading this team to wins.

Next season he'll springboard Allen again and will be back to the best QB from that draft. I look forward to seeing what Allen does tonight against a NE team fighting for pride. He was terrible last time and I think he'll come back to earth with a bump

Dude, it’s over. First couple years, you could make the arguement for sam. Allen was innaccurate and turnover prone. He’s fixed both. Physically he has an advantage over all other QBs. Now he’s got all the other tools to go with it. There was nothing wrong with saying Sam was better when they were drafted because there was plenty of facts to argue that. Now if you’re still arguing when the facts have clearly shown otherwise, you just look foolish. There’s no shame in admitting you’re wrong when new evidence has presented itself. Peoples opinions are allowed to change.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Allen is not evolving.......The players and offense around Allen evolved to help him succeed.

Sam is a more natural passer than Allen.

It is easy to laugh at me now.....But remember Allen prior to getting Diggs and Daboll? Kind of crappy, right? Borderline bust, right?

Look, I am far from a Sam guy......but the front office may be looking at what new coaching and players did for Allen, who was on the cusp of being a bust.....

They are thinking..."Maybe we can do it with Sam, an creative offense and Smith?"

Allen could go on and win it all....but my opinion will not change if this thread and comment were revived after the fact......Allen is a product of his O.C and weapons.....We seen how Allen looked without them.....Looked like Sam.....