Pity

TMAC

46 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The offense built leads with 30 seconds left against the Broncos, Patriots, and Raiders.  The defense blew all 3 in ridiculous fashion.

Considering the experts had us at 5-11 back in July before all the injuries, opt-outs, trades, and Darnold busting, 3-13 is exactly where we were supposed to be by any rational definition.  

So the defense blew what shred of respect we would have had this season.  Of course the offense sucked, no question.  But they didn't turn 3 wins with 30 seconds left into jaw-dropping losses.  The defense did. 

SAR I

No, the offense didn't blow leads. Instead, they made it impossible to win before they could blow anything. 

They scored 18 and 10 against the Bills. 7 points against the Colts. 0 and 3 against the Dolphins. 3 pts against the Seahawks. 9 points against the Chiefs.

The defense has played offenses that have average 26 pts a game. They have given up 30 pts a game.

The offense has played defenses that give up 24 pts a game. They have scored 14 a game.

That you would make a post in which you focus solely on the defense is silly especially considering you said the defense got Williams fired yet think that offensive guru Gase should remain.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

lmao...  If for some reason the Johnson brothers are stupid enough to keep GASE, then there is not one Jet fan who would support him still running any part of this team unless he hires a brilliant OC and DC. If he attempts to call plays next year, you will probably see a huge revolt.

That's the plan.

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

There is NO WAY IN HELL Gase is back if fans are allowed back! No way in hell! Jets are already the punchline of every joke in the sports world & I can't even imagine if they announce Gase is coming back, ARMAGEDDON!

The Johnson's are done caring about the precious feelings of the fanbase, it's been our biggest problem over the years.  They kept Rex for you, they got rid of Tannenbaum for you, they got rid of Schottenheimer for you, they got rid of Sanchez for you.  How'd that work out?

This is a long rebuild and we're in Year 1.  Gase hired Douglas to fix this thing.  GM and HC pairing.  Patient owner.  An actual plan.  This is what we all wanted.  And so it shall be.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

No, the offense didn't blow leads. Instead, they made it impossible to win before they could blow anything. 

They scored 18 and 10 against the Bills. 7 points against the Colts. 0 and 3 against the Dolphins. 3 pts against the Seahawks. 9 points against the Chiefs.

The defense has played offenses that have average 26 pts a game. They have given up 30 pts a game.

The offense has played defenses that give up 24 pts a game. They have scored 14 a game.

That you would make a post in which you focus solely on the defense is silly especially considering you said the defense got Williams fired yet think that offensive guru Gase should remain.

If Gregg Williams' defense can hold on for a whopping 90 seconds of combined play, the Jets have 3 wins right now, Gregg is still our DC, the team is playing hard in Seattle, we don't suffer the indignity of going 1-15, and the vibe of the entire team is different.

Gregg is the reason we don't have 3 wins and Gregg is the reason we were humiliated in Seattle yesterday.  Gase is no angel, but he's no Williams.  

SAR I

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Johnson's are done caring about the precious feelings of the fanbase, it's been our biggest problem over the years.  They kept Rex for you, they got rid of Tannenbaum for you, they got rid of Schottenheimer for you, they got rid of Sanchez for you.  How'd that work out?

This is a long rebuild and we're in Year 1.  Gase hired Douglas to fix this thing.  GM and HC pairing.  Patient owner.  An actual plan.  This is what we all wanted.  And so it shall be.

SAR I

Sorry. This offensive genius offense had -6 yards vs the 32nd ranked defense in the entire NFL. -6. -6?, -6!

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Sorry. This offensive genius offense had -6 yards vs the 32nd ranked defense in the entire NFL. -6. -6?, -6!

This season isn't about W's or L's or statistics.  It is about validating every player on this roster, getting rid of the ones who aren't going to help us in 2022, developing the ones who are, and collecting draft collateral for April and cap space for March.

We don't know if Gase is any good at play design or playcalling or not.  He inherited the worst roster with the worst OL and worst playmakers in the entire league, and his franchise quarterback is a Maccagnan bust, unquestionably the biggest gaffe he ever made.

We are in position to get a generational quarterback and we are under the leadership of a head coach who knows what he's doing in his role as Football Man of Florham Park.  Sit tight.  Be patient.  A decade of Idzik and Maccagnan is going to take more than a year to fix.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

If he only had a brain

D4D9D81B-2C95-41FB-B5A0-DDC3C14689D0.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

This season isn't about W's or L's or statistics.  It is about validating every player on this roster, getting rid of the ones who aren't going to help us in 2022, developing the ones who are, and collecting draft collateral for April and cap space for March.

We don't know if Gase is any good at play design or playcalling or not.  He inherited the worst roster with the worst OL and worst playmakers in the entire league, and his franchise quarterback is a Maccagnan bust, unquestionably the biggest gaffe he ever made.

We are in position to get a generational quarterback and we are under the leadership of a head coach who knows what he's doing in his role as Football Man of Florham Park.  Sit tight.  Be patient.  A decade of Idzik and Maccagnan is going to take more than a year to fix.

SAR I

It is about validating every player on this roster...like Frank Gore!

F591F55E-32E4-4A4F-AE65-06F1A29EB5AE.png

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Just brutally bad player-picking and decision-making.

Our pathetic 1996 team went 1-15 and had 8 very good players that went on to be very important for our 1998-2011 glory days; let's hope some of the players we see struggling today turn into stars soon.

SAR I

Not to mention the worst Jet HC in at least 40 years. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

The excuse circle is like a Mexican standoff where everyone catches a bullet.

Can't be the QB's fault, the weaponz suck.

Can't be the weaponz's fault, the OL sucks.

Can't be the OL's fault, the HC sucks.

Can't be the HC's fault, the QB sucks.

fail merry go round GIF

Like this?  :)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

There is no doubt we have a pitiful defense.  They got Gregg Williams fired.  They opened the season as a joke and apparently are going to end it the same way.  Just awful.

SAR I

the def has been better ranked than the offense for the entirety of Gase HCing the team. 

We are last place off becaues of your guy Gase.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, rangerous said:

it wasn't the defense that got williams fired. the defense played pretty well at times.  it was the prevent offense that the jets had.  they needed to score points for a pressure type defense to work.  and, i might add, when cooler heads looked at the game film, the all out blitz against the raiders wasn't a bad call if it was executed properly.  a couple of guys blitzed late, including maye, and carr was able to get the pass off.  obviously it can be argued that williams is responsible for the execution of the defense but then the poor execution of the offense is right on gase.  in any event it's done.  3 more games until the first pick of the draft.  i don't see this team recovering from all of the late season turmoil.

funny too because gruden just fired his defensive coordinator.  i guess these offensive gurus just don't like it when parts of their teams aren't working so well.

Gase is the HC he signed off the on the play. He should have fired himself...lol..

The truth is it was just Gase being Gase and having a personal grudge against williams because he merely suggested the DEF was not responsible for all the Jets losses. and if you look at it honestly, the DEF was responsible for every win we have had since Gase has been here...

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

The 2020 NYJ will go down as one of the worst teams in the history of the modern NFL.  They’re on pace for  something like 200 points for- against differential 

Things will be better next year when Gase is gone .

-210, yep.  On pace for the 5th worst point differential in NFL history.  And 4 of the 5 worst in that category won at least 1 game in their respective seasons.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Gase is the HC he signed off the on the play. He should have fired himself...lol..

The truth is it was just Gase being Gase and having a personal grudge against williams because he merely suggested the DEF was not responsible for all the Jets losses. and if you look at it honestly, the DEF was responsible for every win we have had since Gase has been here...

It’s laughable really. Gase firing anyone haha

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Gase is responsible for getting the team ready to play. That means both offense and defense.

true enough about the defense not being responsible for all of the losses. But at the same time you can’t say the defense was responsible for all of the wins. You don’t win unless you score points and it’s not like the defense was getting 20 points per game off turnovers.

I thought Williams did okay as dc.  He was old school and aggressive.he didn’t have a whole lot of really good players either.  In hindsight they probably should’ve launched gase over the loss and bumped Williams to head coach.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

the def has been better ranked than the offense for the entirety of Gase HCing the team. 

We are last place off becaues of your guy Gase.

We'd have 3 wins this very day if the defense did its job against Denver, New England, and Oakland.

We'd have 5 wins this very day if the D did that and Sam Darnold could hit the side of a barn against Miami and Buffalo.

Experts said the Jets would be 5-11 back in June, well before we lost all our playmakers to trades, releases, opt-outs, and injuries.  The 5 wins were there.  Nothing can overcome a D that chokes in the 4th quarter and a quarterback bust.  Nothing.

Gase wasn't the problem.  Gregg Williams (fired) and Sam Darnold (about to be) were.

SAR I

9 hours ago, Jetster said:

Good thing we went defense in the 1st round the 9 out of 10 years B4 Becton. 
Produced a solid defensive foundation for our future.

Well, yes but that was mainly because they were over drafting tackles, safeties and lightweight line backers.  We might be singing a different tune if they drafted dbs and edge.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We'd have 3 wins this very day if the defense did its job against Denver, New England, and Oakland.

We'd have 5 wins this very day if the D did that and Sam Darnold could hit the side of a barn against Miami and Buffalo.

Experts said the Jets would be 5-11 back in June, well before we lost all our playmakers to trades, releases, opt-outs, and injuries.  The 5 wins were there.  Nothing can overcome a D that chokes in the 4th quarter and a quarterback bust.  Nothing.

Gase wasn't the problem.  Gregg Williams (fired) and Sam Darnold (about to be) were.

SAR I

82772515-FA31-441E-B2F9-C762531D9761.jpeg

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

This is a long rebuild and we're in Year 1 47.  Gase hired Douglas to fix this thing.  GM and HC pairing.  Patient owner.  An actual plan.  This is what we all wanted.  And so it shall be.

SAR I

Fixed

Christopher Johnson brings Macc back, let's Macc in on the interviews to end up with Gase. Then fires Macc right after the draft.

That was life changing for:

1. Le'Veon Bell's bank account

2. Jets fans continued misery

It all ends soon. Joe Douglas is in charge now and CJ or Woody needs to rubber stamp approval of whoever Douglas picks to be the next coach.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Fixed

There is no doubt we've been suffering since Namath went 14 for 40 with 3 interceptions in the 1969 divisional playoffs at home against the Chiefs, but Gase and Douglas have only had 1 draft together.

This isn't the time to be impatient.  This is a tear-down rebuild.  We judge Gase and Douglas next year at this time when we've seen what progress has been made.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

43 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There is no doubt we've been suffering since Namath went 14 for 40 with 3 interceptions in the 1969 divisional playoffs at home against the Chiefs, but Gase and Douglas have only had 1 draft together.

This isn't the time to be impatient.  This is a tear-down rebuild.  We judge Gase and Douglas next year at this time when we've seen what progress has been made.

SAR I

Stop it. I am all up for a good joke, but you are making this painful.

Gase is getting fired. Gase is terrible. The second Gase gets fired you will praise the Johnson brothers for making the right decision.

Sar Today:  Gase will be back.

Sar When the new coach is hired:  This is the right move, I had no idea that _____ would be available. As good as Gase is you have to upgrade since he was available.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Stop it. I am all up for a good joke, but you are making this painful.

I'm not joking.  Dead serious, I like Gase as our head coach next season with a new OC and DC reporting to him.  I believe that in trying to find an offensive guru we accidentally found a head coach, and one with the right temperament for this awful job in this awful market.

Are there better coaches out there?  Of course.  But the time to land an A+ head coaching candidate isn't now.  Its a year or two from now.  I don't want another Edwards or another Bowles which is exactly what it would be if we let Gase go, the roster is a mess, Darnold is broken, and we're not getting Lawrence.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm not joking.  Dead serious, I like Gase as our head coach next season with a new OC and DC reporting to him.  I believe that in trying to find an offensive guru we accidentally found a head coach, and one with the right temperament for this awful job in this awful market.

Are there better coaches out there?  Of course.  But the time to land an A+ head coaching candidate isn't now.  Its a year or two from now.  I don't want another Edwards or another Bowles which is exactly what it would be if we let Gase go, the roster is a mess, Darnold is broken, and we're not getting Lawrence.

SAR I

5E652635-5491-4DCE-9DB3-C824A386E800.jpeg

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Ok. Enjoy him being the head coach for the next three weeks. 0% chance he is coming back. But it was a good (winless) run while it lasted lol.

They will probably look for an offense coach that is respected, can run a program without players getting hurt non-stop, and can make in game adjustments after putting together a real game plan.

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Ok. Enjoy him being the head coach for the next three weeks. 0% chance he is coming back. But it was a good (winless) run while it lasted lol.

To clarify, I'm not enjoying this.  I just think that any head coach we bring in here for this type of deep rebuild is going to struggle and Gase is handling the struggle well.  And I agree with every front office and personnel move he's made from hiring Douglas to trading Jamal to cutting Bell.  

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

They will probably look for an offense coach that is respected

And this is what scares me.  Because when we fail to do that we're going to be stuck with another bottom-of-the-list defensive coordinator from a mediocre team, Todd Bowles II.  Gase is the lesser of the two evils.  At least we know he can manage a locker room, handle New York, and doesn't take sh-t from anyone, that's half the battle right there.

I won't be surprised if they make the decision to fire him, but I will be disappointed.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1