What NFL QB's Does Trevor Lawrence Compare To ???

THE BARON

I've seen a lot of Trevor Lawrence the past few years and I am all in on the Jets doing whatever it takes to land this *GENERATIONAL* talent.

Still... I really cant come up with a current or former NFL QB that he compares to.  Trevor Lawrence is unique in his impressive qualities.

Due to size, athleticism, football smarts, maturity & character, he really is in a class of his own.  You would have to take the qualities of several past NFL QB's to make one Trevor Lawrence.

With size and strength, you have a QB that compares to Big Ben

With athletic ability, you have a QB that compares to Elway

With timing, ball placement and over the top throwing motion with mountain top release point, you have Brady and Manning

With football smarts, maturity and character,  you have Andrew Luck.

How do you see it ???  

Discuss the Jets next QB... 

Physically the guy is built like a greyhound. 6-6" 225. He's much faster than he looks because his legs are long & he eats up ground. 

What I love about him is he looks to pass first, ALWAYS unless it's a called run. Those types of players are a real PITA in the NFL because you can cover all your bases but if we have say, Robinson - Mims- Crowder- Devonte Smith? Plus a TE & a RB that can catch? 

He'll have so many easy lanes to run through & one on one, open field, TL vs a LB? Who wins that leg race? 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Physically the guy is built like a greyhound. 6-6" 225. He's much faster than he looks because his legs are long & he eats up ground. 

What I love about him is he looks to pass first, ALWAYS unless it's a called run. Those types of players are a real PITA in the NFL because you can cover all your bases but if we have say, Robinson - Mims- Crowder- Devonte Smith? Plus a TE & a RB that can catch? 

He'll have so many easy lanes to run through & one on one, open field, TL vs a LB? Who wins that leg race? 

Yes !  Oh, yes !

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

I've seen a lot of Trevor Lawrence the past few years and I am all in on the Jets doing whatever it takes to land this *GENERATIONAL* talent.

Still... I really cant come up with a current or former NFL QB that he compares to.  Trevor Lawrence is unique in his impressive qualities.

Due to size, athleticism, football smarts, maturity & character, he really is in a class of his own.  You would have to take the qualities of several past NFL QB's to make one Trevor Lawrence.

With size and strength, you have a QB that compares to Big Ben

With athletic ability, you have a QB that compares to Elway

With timing, ball placement and over the top throwing motion with mountain top release point, you have Brady and Manning

With football smarts, maturity and character,  you have Andrew Luck.

How do you see it ???  

Discuss the Jets next QB... 

I’ll be sure to ask Jacksonville fans after next season.

43 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

A perfect combination of all the bestest QBs ever. 

That is about right, yes... Trevor Lawrence is pretty much in a class of his own.  It is beyond exciting that the Jets are on the cusp of making this happen.  Considering Trevor Lawrence on his own is pretty wild, but if you also factor in that the Jets now also have Joe Douglas who appears to absolutely own his job... That is mind blowing.  For once, a capable and dependable administrator running the team... AND the QB prospect of the century coming to the Jets.

I'm so jacked-up about this... If it does not happen, I'll be like one of those deflated lawn Santas.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He will compare to Josh Allen or Justin Herbert

I love those two QB's.  As good as they are, Trevor Lawrence has a faster delivery than both of them.  He can throw from a larger variety of arm angles with more of a compact arm motion.  Although he can move in the pocket and he can scramble, Conservation of motion is one of his best qualities.  In the pro game when the field is fast and crowded, that will come in super handy !