What NFL QB's Does Trevor Lawrence Compare To ???

THE BARON

1 hour ago, Guilhermezmc said:

A see him as a better and more accurate Josh Allen, not that strong of a arm but both big guys that can run. Some are saying that TL can't throw deep but if you actually watch film you'll see the amount of his deep passes that were dropped by his WRs.

Nice observation... I agree

1 hour ago, section314 said:

The guy he reminds me of because of his arm strength and his total belief that he can make any throw at any time in the game is Dan Marino.

I don't think he compares to Marino with both taken as a whole, but TL does have a few Marino qualities. Economical and effective use of minimum ideal motion to navigate the pocket.  Same with Tom Brady.  Always the right step in the right direction when operating in the pocket.  Also... Like Marino, TL has a very fast delivery.  TL has long legs and arms, but he is not ungainly. There is no wasted motion when he throws.  Nice and compact.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

Joe Montana.   Where do I pick up my prize.

Montana ?  Hmmm.  Not too similar.  Montana was limited physically but was masterful at playing the QB position from the neck up.  Both football IQ and unshakable confidence.  Joe Cool.  You also have to factor in Walsh with Montana.  Just like Belichick with Brady...

And Manning with GASE... HAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Montana ?  Hmmm.  Not too similar.  Montana was limited physically but was masterful at playing the QB position from the neck up.  Both football IQ and unshakable confidence.  Joe Cool.  You also have to factor in Walsh with Montana.  Just like Belichick with Brady...

But that’s what I see in Trevor. Montana’s style of making it all look so easy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

i just want him to be trevor lawrence.  the only two qb's who i think were very similar to past stars were manning/Johnny Unitas and marino/namath.  manning and unitas both had that long throwing style.  i suspect there's a reason why manning wore 19.  same thing with the marino/namath comparison.  they both had that quick and compact throwing motion.

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Montana was basically a way way better version of Chad that was also durable

11 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I don't think he compares to Marino with both taken as a whole, but TL does have a few Marino qualities. Economical and effective use of minimum ideal motion to navigate the pocket.  Same with Tom Brady.  Always the right step in the right direction when operating in the pocket.  Also... Like Marino, TL has a very fast delivery.  TL has long legs and arms, but he is not ungainly. There is no wasted motion when he throws.  Nice and compact.  

Lawrence way more mobile than Marino

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Lawrence way more mobile than Marino

Very true.  Marino can not scramble like Trevor Lawrence can, but Marino was ideal at navigating the pocket.  That calls for pocket awareness and understanding of when and where to take that all important single step up, back or to the side.   Brady is the same way. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Very true.  Marino can not scramble like Trevor Lawrence can, but Marino was ideal at navigating the pocket.  That calls for pocket awareness and understanding of when and where to take that all important single step up, back or to the side.   Brady is the same way. 

The knock on Lawrence is that his runs in college are usually him tucking the ball and just going for it.  My reply is who the hell cares

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

A see him as a better and more accurate Josh Allen, not that strong of a arm but both big guys that can run. Some are saying that TL can't throw deep but if you actually watch film you'll see the amount of his deep passes that were dropped by his WRs.

Also as you see him in the pocket making an omelet and pancakes before throwing .

18 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

My god sir you have won the forum for the day you are free to spend your days and night drinking Meade and eating plentiful.

Remember when that comedian made fun of Elways horse teeth? I think it was the 1st Espys (early Espys)

Even I felt sorry for him, it was funny but uncalled for & he was definitely not laughing!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Take Josh Allen’s arm, Drew Brees’ accuracy, Tom Brady’s awareness, Kyler Murray’s athleticism, and then combine that person while giving him Scarlette Johansson’s hair... and you get Trevor Lawrence.

When he comes off the field does he ride the menstrual cycle or simply a stationary bike ?