What NFL QB's Does Trevor Lawrence Compare To ???

THE BARON

15 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Buck Buchanan says "HI!"buck-buchanan-chiefs-super-bowl-i.jpg?re

265th pick in NFL draft though. Let's see, 1 + 256, divide by 2, multiple times feelings, consider the "can't be wrong on the Internet" factor... and you get: Buchanan wasn't a real #1. He was one of those fake ones.

19 minutes ago, jgb said:

265th pick in NFL draft though. Let's see, 1 + 256, divide by 2, multiple times feelings, consider the "can't be wrong on the Internet" factor... and you get: Buchanan wasn't a real #1. He was one of those fake ones.

The Chiefs picked Staubach in the 16th round.  Talk about a value pick!  Read the stories about the Chiefs and (I think it was the Cowboys) trying to trick each other about what hotel Buchanan was at.  I think somebody climbed down a balcony to sign him.  It reminded me of the stories about Oklahoma State leasing Dickerson a Cadillac and SMU signing him and picking up the payments.  He took a pay cut when he was drafted!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

The Chiefs picked Staubach in the 16th round.  Talk about a value pick!  Read the stories about the Chiefs and (I think it was the Cowboys) trying to trick each other about what hotel Buchanan was at.  I think somebody climbed down a balcony to sign him.  It reminded me of the stories about Oklahoma State leasing Dickerson a Cadillac and SMU signing him and picking up the payments.  He took a pay cut when he was drafted!

Yep lotta gamesmanship in those days. No team wanted to burn a high pick on a player that would ultimately sign with the other league. Many deals were done before the draft

• Upvote 1

@ 6'6/220 lbs he's built like a Peyton Manning type of horse (6'5/230) which gives him an advantage in terms of seeing the game over the L.O.S. 

However due to his A+ arm strength, mobility, efficiency and style of play he's always reminded me of an identical clone of a younger Aaron Rodgers (in terms of how they play the position)..