This silence should terrify Jets

NYJ1

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You can ******* bet that Jacksonville wishes they were 0-13.

You know what Jacksonville deserves? For Fields or whoever they draft to have a worse career than Minshew. It's a QB cardinal sin to find a legitimate NFL QB in the six round and throw him away like a half-eaten corn dog to chase some new bright thing. I hope Minshew becomes Brady 2.0 and Fields becomes Jamarcus Russell 2.0.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

No its to finally break that cycle of bad to mediocre. I'll sacrifice a 1-15 or 0-16 type season if it means the team starts to build a sustainable upward rise. Taking half steps to get 4/5/6 wins does this franchise or fans no good . 

Okay, fair enough.  But let's be clear then.  We have no idea of JD's ability to build a team.

At best, we know he's good at tearing one down.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Pretty much. Who knows what’s going to happen but how anyone could be shocked if the entire staff or front office were to get canned is beyond me. This is epically bad. If Lawrence decides to go back to Clemson then what? 

When Dabo talked to Rich Eisen, he didn't sound like a guy who was expecting to be coaching Trevor Lawrence next year. 

I think the only way Lawrence dodges us is by flat out asking for a trade. 

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Okay, fair enough.  But let's be clear then.  We have no idea of JD's ability to build a team.

At best, we know he's good at tearing one down.

Exactly.  He certainly can fall flat on his face , but at this point just from the bits and pieces I have seen , I'm more excited about this team moving forward than in the past 5-7 years.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

You know what Jacksonville deserves? For Fields or whoever they draft to have a worse career than Minshew. It's a QB cardinal sin to find a legitimate NFL QB in the six round and throw him away like a half-eaten corn dog to chase some new bright thing. I hope Minshew becomes Brady 2.0 and Fields becomes Jamarcus Russell 2.0.

So we are drafting Fields? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

You can criticize me for saying this, I really don't care. We can agree to disagree...

I think Sammy is saying this because he BELIEVES  a true solution is coming? Whether he's in the picture or not he believes the Jets will institute changes that will finally right the ship. 

Now, I do think he's saying this because he'd really like to be part of the solution, the Jets future.

No matter what you believe,  you can't possibly dislike this kid. The difference between him, and say Geno Smith,  is light years. 

If we didn't have a very good prospective QB draft coming in 2021 then Sam would possibly be part of the future. But, that is not the case, and in essence losing half of last year with Mono set him back where he needed that time to play. It impacted what winds up being only a 3 year window we had to evaluate him because of the option year and rookie contract as well as again 2021 having QBs mainly TL coming out. Perhaps this is a lesson especially Darnold now has learned that you cannot afford set backs in such small windows of time to prove you are a FQB. You want a girl friend, fine, but get to know her well enough before she gives you Mono. It is the same thing where guys would complain with what they always say is I didn't know she was under 18. We all know girls can look much older so get to know them before you do something that gets you years worth of jail time. 

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Pretty much. Who knows what’s going to happen but how anyone could be shocked if the entire staff or front office were to get canned is beyond me. This is epically bad. If Lawrence decides to go back to Clemson then what? 

Take Fields or Lance then. Trade Darnold hopefully for a 2nd or 3rd and go that route.

3 hours ago, QB1 said:

This team isn't historically bad IMO

we've had an insanely hard schedule, a .600 avg opponent record, that means the average team we played will win 10 games.

there were 3 games that were essentially in the bag as wins and became miracle losses (broncos, pats, raiders)

As bad as Darnold has been he is MUCH better than the trash the 0-16 Lions and Browns put out. 

So your position is that the team isn't that bad and Darnold isn't that bad either?  

-210 point differential with 3 games to go, on pace to be one of the 5 worst teams of all-time, and this team and QB are being underrated?

You do realize the 0-16 Lions (-249 net points) and Browns (-176) were more competitive than this Jets team, do you not?  

Meanwhile, the 5 QB's the 2008 Lions sent out there (Orlovsky, Kitna, Culpepper, Stanton, Henson) combined for 18 TDs/19 INTs and 6.5 yards per attempt.  Darnold sits at 5/9 and 5.8, respectively.

Darnold is better than DeShone Kizer though, I'll give you that.  Sweet!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

So your position is that the team isn't that bad and Darnold isn't that bad either?  

-210 point differential, and this team and QB are being underrated?

You do realize the 0-16 Lions (-249 net points) and Browns (-176) were more competitive than this Jets team, do you not?  

But dem feelz tho

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

-210 point differential with 3 games to go, on pace to be one of the 5 worst teams of all-time, and this team and QB are being underrated?

Meanwhile, the 5 QB's the 2008 Lions sent out there (Orlovsky, Kitna, Culpepper, Stanton, Henson) combined for 18 TDs/19 INTs and 6.5 yards per attempt.  Darnold sits at 5/9 and 5.8, respectively.

Darnold is better than DeShone Kizer though, I'll give you that.  Sweet!

No one is arguing that this team is good or respectable or even watchable. Relax 

6 minutes ago, QB1 said:

No one is arguing that this team is good or respectable or even watchable. Relax 

5th worst ever in point differential and there's three games left. If that's not historically bad, than Davy Crockett didn't die at the Alamo.

4 hours ago, neckdemon said:

Darnold is a lot better than geno

I give Geno credit for still being around. If he was talentless, he wouldn’t have a job. I wish we could keep Sam and Trevor, but maybe best for Sam to get a fresh start with a real team, which I hope the Jets will start to become next year.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Yeah, I didn't understand it. Minshew had a nice rookie season and he hasn't had a bad season this year battling through an injury as well.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Yeah, I didn't understand it. Minshew had a nice rookie season and he hasn't had a bad season this year battling through an injury as well.

It's like a fat dude dumping the 4 he was lucky to be with because he thought the 6 waitress flirted with him.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/12/14/this-silence-should-terrify-jets/amp/

Perhaps the most stunning part of Sunday’s 40-3 Jets loss to the Seahawks was just how little it stunned anyone.

Losses like this have become expected and accepted for the Jets now. That is the state of this 0-13 team. The Jets can get their doors blown off and look completely uncompetitive and we shrug. It was not that long ago that a loss like Sunday’s would elicit rage among the fan base. They would be calling for the coach to be fired before he could get to the airport. They would be screaming for the backup quarterback.

Now? Ho-hum.

In fact, there is now happiness among the fan base after these losses. The loss moves the Jets one step closer to Trevor Lawrence. And those who are not celebrating the loss are at least numb to it.
The only sound that should scare team CEO Christopher Johnson more than outrage from fans is silence. The Jets have become Rutgers, at least when Greg Schiano is not around. The expectation is for them to lose each week and when they play a quality opponent, the expectation is a butt-kicking. When the Jets are competitive, that is the surprise these days.

All of it has led us to sort of gloss over just how really, really, really bad this team is. We’re talking historically, epically bad. You know the Jets are on their way to becoming the third team ever to go 0-16. The sting of that humiliation should run deep for anyone inside the organization. The fans can take solace in the prospects of having Lawrence on the team.

But dig on just how bad these Jets are, and a case can be made that they are one of the worst teams ever to wear shoulder pads. Their point differential stands at -210 after Sunday’s debacle. Only 38 teams since 1940 have a worse point differential. The Jets have three games to go, so they can pass many of those teams. Their average loss has been by 16.2 points this year. If they stick to that average over the final three, their final point differential would be -258, tied for the fifth worst in the history of the NFL. They will likely move past the 1976 Jets (-214) this week for the worst in franchise history.

The thing about these Jets is they do everything poorly. One person can blame the offense. Another can blame the defense. Everyone would be right.

The Jets have scored just 183 points this season. It is going to be a contest to see if they can fall short of the 220 points the 1992 Jets scored. That is the franchise-low for a team in the 16-game schedule era.

On defense, the Jets have allowed 393 points. The 1996 squad, the former worst Jets team ever, gave up 454 that season. The Jets are allowing 30.2 points per game, so they are on pace to blow that mark away.

The Jets have been a bad team for the last decade. They are 57-100 since the 2011 season. Their postseason drought is at 10 years and counting. But they have not been this bad before. They have never been so bad that no one blinks when they lose like they did in Seattle. Think back to even last year when they lost 33-0 to the Patriots on a Monday night. There was a huge reaction. There have been losses in recent years that have enraged fans. Todd Bowles was finished after his 2018 team lost 41-10 to the Bills.

The first rumblings to fire Bowles began in 2016 after another 41-10 loss to Andrew Luck and the Colts.

None of those teams were good, but an NFL team should not get blown out and those losses drew the appropriate reaction. The 2020 Jets have lost by 20 points or more five times.

Most fans started dreaming of 2021 months ago. Maybe that is why the reaction to these losses is muted. Adam Gase has been a dead man walking for weeks. Sam Darnold has seemed destined for a new team since before Halloween.

Still, it should be troubling for those running the Jets that this is what this team has become. When they lose by 37 points, it elicits shrugs instead of screams.

yeah its pretty crazy...Gase should have been fired last year and everyone knew it. And as bad as these teams are thy could next year return to average and competitive with a good coach, and plenty of opportunity to add a coupel good players.. the biggest problem is we dont even play our best players in the system not designed to take advanage of the little talent we ahve. 

Every time anohter RB does well he get pullled out if possible and Gase and crew foret it ever happened. Untill teh HC changes nothing else will. We have back up and players that could play better with a better coach but we ahve players that are just flat out better than the starter - read GORE  - but its all over the team.

I mean its bad enough we are still winless but I wish the GM would hold someone accountable.

18 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Not true. We know he's capable of drafting well also. 

How do you figure that?  I think he's actually been pretty bad during the draft.

Becton was a no brainer, well at least going T was.  And the fact is the only other option when he was on the clock was Wirfs  who has actually had a better rookie season.  

Mims has 19 catches, 324 yard and 0 TD's. - Total!..

The rest has been garbage.

Him being a good drafter is a myth made up by Jet fans to justify the early genius claims.  

I think he was okay - but much closer to bad than good.

54 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

How do you figure that?  I think he's actually been pretty bad during the draft.

Becton was a no brainer, well at least going T was.  And the fact is the only other option when he was on the clock was Wirfs  who has actually had a better rookie season.  

Mims has 19 catches, 324 yard and 0 TD's. - Total!..

The rest has been garbage.

Him being a good drafter is a myth made up by Jet fans to justify the early genius claims.  

I think he was okay - but much closer to bad than good.

What a bunch of nonsense. Becton is a franchise LT and it was fairly obvious after only a game. Mim's looks like a number 1 although we'll see, he arrived late due to injury. Ashtyn Davis will be a starter eventually. Right now he is starting but that's not because he's up to the job. Perine is a decent second stringer but we'll see. Zuniga sucks but you don't win them all. Cam Clark Will eventually be a starter, our guards are garbage. Our Punter is a legit starter and Hall has a tryout. But you're an idiot if you don't see this as being at least 10 times better than anything Mac did.

Just now, NYJ1 said:

What a bunch of nonsense. Becton is a franchise LT and it was fairly obvious after only a game. Mim's looks like a number 1 although we'll see, he arrived late due to injury. Ashtyn Davis will be a starter eventually. Right now he is starting but that's not because he's up to the job. Perine is a decent second stringer but we'll see. Zuniga sucks but you don't win them all. Cam Clark Will eventually be a starter, our guards are garbage. Our Punter is a legit starter and Hall has a tryout. But you're an idiot if you don't see this as being at least 10 times better than anything Mac did.

Mims would be a beast with a legit QB throwing to him. Which next year he will have.

2 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

omg lol

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

What I read is is a whole lot of wishful thinking.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

If he can stay on the field.  Playing less than half a season isn’t going to do us any good.

That's an implicit condition of any player prediction, yes. Although, I sure wouldn't be super motivated to shake off that tummy ache if I played for Adam Gase on these Jets.