This silence should terrify Jets

NYJ1

I haven't really emotionally invested in this team since the 2015 finale fail.

I have been either apathetic and/or hoping for this team to lose for so long...

I might have forgotten what it is like to root for them to win.

My family of die-hard Jets fans reduced to apathy, not watching, and wishing for losses.

That should scare the ever-loving sh*t out of ownership.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

You can criticize me for saying this, I really don't care. We can agree to disagree...

I think Sammy is saying this because he BELIEVES  a true solution is coming? Whether he's in the picture or not he believes the Jets will institute changes that will finally right the ship. 

Now, I do think he's saying this because he'd really like to be part of the solution, the Jets future.

No matter what you believe,  you can't possibly dislike this kid. The difference between him, and say Geno Smith,  is light years. 

Good post.

Nobody has ever really had a problem with Sam Darnold the person, the competitor or the teammate.  He's simply been a huge frustration with his inability to progress since his first year.  Darnold ended 2018 on a high note, playing some really good football that final month of his rookie year and giving hope for his sophomore campaign when the Jets thought they were setting him up for success with a "QB guru" in Gase.  It was all downhill from the minute Year 2 started.  The Jets best football of the Adam Gase era was that first half vs. Buffalo in Week 1 of 2019. Mosley went down, the team collapsed, Darnold got mono and off we went into the abyss with the exception of a mild resurgence against a weak schedule to end the year.

The problem is that Sam never progressed in some areas and his propensity for trying to do too much when plays aren't there has actually made him regress in other areas.  It's extremely unlikely he's here next season and if that's the case then I hope both the Jets and Sam are better for it going forward.  I still think that with the right coaching and in the right situation Sam has some upside as a starter.  He has shined in more than a handful of games, unfortunately none of them are recent and his level of inconsistency has only gotten worse this year.

The Jets have been trying to marry the right QB with the right HC for decades without success.  Let's all hope they can finally pull it off starting in 2021.

13 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets have been trying to marry the right QB with the right HC for decades without success.  

They haven't really been trying to do this.  That's the real problem.  They've been shoving square pegs into round holes at both the HC and QB spots for years.  The last combo that made any sense, sadly, was Paul Hackett with Chad Pennington.  They both sucked, but a WCO pairing with a weak-armed but accurate QB was the last real attempt to pair a QB and HC/OC.  

We could have had, at minimum, the Matt Rhule and Teddy Bridgewater combo.  But nope, we just had to have Gregg Williams at DC!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They haven't really been trying to do this.  That's the real problem.  They've been shoving square pegs into round holes at both the HC and QB spots for years.  The last combo that made any sense, sadly, was Paul Hackett with Chad Pennington.  They both sucked, but a WCO pairing with a weak-armed but accurate QB was the last real attempt to pair a QB and HC/OC.  

We could have had, at minimum, the Matt Rhule and Teddy Bridgewater combo.  But nope, we just had to have Gregg Williams at DC!

Remember the Dak Prescott debates? Those were months, not years ago. Maybe the Jets would take the quarterback position more seriously if anybody else ever did.

• Upvote 1