Carton and Roberts: THE Worst Show in WFAN History

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Carton is a really bad combination of terribly obnoxious and relatively unintelligent, even for a radio personality. And like a lot of stupid people, he seems to think very highly of himself. 

Discuss.

Here is my issue: Even with Joe and Evan, who were not great, you would tune in and there would be a somewhat linear sports narrative, sports topics, something being talked about...you could tune

Posted Images

Worst show in WFAN history is a little much. I think Maggie and Bart was a worse show personally. However, Carton and Roberts is the type of show where the more you listen the better it gets because the show is based off of their personalities a lot more than sports talk. Like you actually have to look forward to hearing them talk. Show got a huge bump in rating since Joe B left. I was a big fan of Joe B's rants even though I do not think he understood anything about the modern NFL. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

As of right now it doesn't look too good but they have only been on air for a month and I think they are still feeling each other out.  If you don't like their personalities then that's a different story but as far as camaraderie it may take a little more time.   

Couldn't agree more with the OP.  (though Moose and Maggie is close, though for different reasons).  I've listened to a couple of minutes here and there while driving and I'm amazed this is what they're putting on the air.  I'm even more amazed people enjoy Carton (that's not to say Evan Roberts is good, btw.  And he's far worse opposite Carton).

I can't stand "wacky" morning shows but I recognize that it's a thing.  I could see Carton being successful in that type of role (even though I'd have no interest in listening).  WFAN should replace their weekday hosts with their weekend hosts and it would instantly be much better.  I wouldn't want the weekday guys to replace the weekend guys though.  Just audition a whole a new batch of potential hosts.

the ******* guy, Carton, has the sense of humor of a 12 year old...I would say 13 year old but, I would not want to offend the 13 year old...it is downright intolerable to listen to.

And I am a loyal WFAN guy, hell, Moose and Maggie look sooooooooooo much better now compared to listening to Evan and Carton.

Evan is a decent guy, I feel bad for him.  He wants to talk spots and stats and data and sports history.

Carton wants to talk about why he's wearing sweatpants and how that makes his wiener feel or something similar.

It couldn't be any worse.   I am sorry.

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Here is my issue:

Even with Joe and Evan, who were not great, you would tune in and there would be a somewhat linear sports narrative, sports topics, something being talked about...you could tune in and out and know they were covering the topics of the day/week and it was sports related or sports adjacent.

You tune in to this ******* moron, Carton, and he's talking about: sex, women, food, nonsense, garbage, crap, when he takes a dump, how many dumps he's taken, why he ate this, why he ate that, and on and on and on and on.

It's not a sports show.

It's crap.

Almost every time I've tuned in for a couple of minutes (to marvel at how awful the show is), they're talking about movies. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, southtown24th said:

the ******* guy, Carton, has the sense of humor of a 12 year old...I would say 13 year old but, I would not want to offend the 13 year old...it is downright intolerable to listen to.

And I am a loyal WFAN guy, hell, Moose and Maggie look sooooooooooo much better now compared to listening to Evan and Carton.

Evan is a decent guy, I feel bad for him.  He wants to talk spots and stats and data and sports history.

Carton wants to talk about why he's wearing sweatpants and how that makes his wiener feel or something similar.

It couldn't be any worse.   I am sorry.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way.  

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Oh, so you haven't listened to Carton and Roberts yet.  

I’ve heard it and it’s bad, but the Keyshawn one is easily the worst thing I’ve ever listened to

6 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

there is a true dearth of good sports talk radio shows right now...like maybe the worst era in sports radio history?

Radio doesn’t pay unless you get to the top.  All the talent goes to TV. That’s why Bart Scott went to ESPN, so he could get more TV appearances 

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

Carton belongs on mornings.  His Z Morning Zoo routine just feels out of place on afternoon drive.  I miss hardcore sports talk.

I am also a fan of hard core sports talk.  I got Sirius XM radio 10 years ago and never looked back. WFAN was a good listen pre 2010 with Mike and the Mad Dog.  Francesca was like nails on a blackboard alone.  ESPN radio never did it for me, although Mike and Mike in the AM was tolerable in the beginning.  Everyone else was and is a joke.  Besides it was baseball and Yankees 80% of the time with Francesca and Kay competing and never any semi-intelligent or knowledgeable hockey talk.  When ESPN picked up the NBA, ESPN became NBA 24/7 and I don't care for that.  Michael Kay wouldn't know a football if it hit him in the nose. Now I'm all NFL radio, Fantasy Sports radio, NHL radio etc. I can listen to any game I want in any sport.  I have no need for these clowns and haven't had a need for a long time. It's been great.  

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’ve heard it and it’s bad, but the Keyshawn one is easily the worst thing I’ve ever listened to

I just searched for a clip of Keyshawn's show and, unlike Carton and Roberts, he at least talks sports.  

Responding to Darnold saying he wants to be a "Jet for life", Keyshawn said (at the 23 second mark) "I feel bad for the young man.  He may not get the opportunity to live that, uh, New York Jet life for the next 10 years of his career". 

You could tell Keyshawn was going to say "New York Jet dream" but he thought better of it because this is the Jets we're talking about.

Hilarious!