Carton and Roberts: THE Worst Show in WFAN History

17 hours ago, undertow said:

My question is are there really any good sports talk radio shows left?  They all seem like hot take side shows for dummies.

The only guy left who is decent is Colin Cowherd.  Smart guy, objective and not a total Jet hater unlike most pundits on cable tv who are either Patriot or Giant homers

Evan and Carton are horrible.  I’ve given up on WFAN I no longer listen at all which is crazy because in the 90’s and early 2000’s it was all I listened to.  Francesa is gone, Beningo is gone and all that’s left is Craig Carton trying to imitate 1996 Howard Stern

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The only guy left who is decent is Colin Cowherd.  Smart guy, objective and not a total Jet hater unlike most pundits on cable tv who are either Patriot or Giant homers

Evan and Carton are horrible.  I’ve given up on WFAN I no longer listen at all which is crazy because in the 90’s and early 2000’s it was all I listened to.  Francesa is gone, Beningo is gone and all that’s left is Craig Carton trying to imitate 1996 Howard Stern

yowza.  cowherd is one of the worst radio/tv personalities i've ever heard.  he has some of the worst takes imaginable.

• Upvote 3

On 12/15/2020 at 5:15 PM, slimjasi said:

Carton is a really bad combination of terribly obnoxious and relatively unintelligent, even for a radio personality. And like a lot of stupid people, he seems to think very highly of himself. 

Fock this kind of people and their high horses!

tenor (2).gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, heymangold said:

yowza.  cowherd is one of the worst radio/tv personalities i've ever heard.  he has some of the worst takes imaginable.

Yeah he's a hard listen.  He flip flops on issues on a daily basis and his constant analogies are pure cringe.

On 12/17/2020 at 11:34 PM, The Crusher said:

Shame on us? Not our fault your taking his Schlick  to heart and letting it upset you. He’s been doing a different version of the same thing for 15 years, personally I find him funny and when I think he’s over doing it I give him a verbal lashing. Honestly I don’t want to ban you  because I just ate dinner and I’m feeling kinda jolly. So chill and enjoy the rest of the posters,  ?  put him on ignore.  ?

?  ..if i may,.. the  " ignore "  works.  ?

RingedThankfulGermanspaniel-max-1mb.gif

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, undertow said:

My question is are there really any good sports talk radio shows left?  They all seem like hot take side shows for dummies.

In my opinion there has to be a decent balance. I really don't enjoy listening to baseball stats and contracts for 4 hours. 

That being said I like Boomer Esiason. I think he's very fair and knows the industry on both sides of the ball. Not really fond of Gio.

Colin Cowherd has some pretty good takes but his analogies are what keeps me interested. He's a smart funny guy when he talks about life in general.

The Michael Kay show in my opinion has the best balance currently. He's the worst one on his own show. Don lagreca is awesome and Peter Rosenberg plays his role well.

I'll give a nod to Dave Rothenberg as bearable. I think Chris Carlin is the best standalone.

Like I said there has to be a balance and it's definitely a tough gig. There aren't a lot of jobs available, and sometimes you're paired up to work with people and they're just simply hoping you develop chemistry. Kind of like there's only 32 head coaching jobs it's tough to say no when Opportunity Knocks.

On 1/29/2021 at 3:54 PM, Tony Asp said:

This show is a morning shock-jock wake-up show for people who work the night shift. It's horrible. It's all about Carton and his ego and Roberts genuflecting at Carton's feet. These guys talk sports only about 20% of the time. Hate, hate, hate this show!

ratings officially suck 

https://nypost.com/2020/12/21/craig-cartons-treatment-of-evan-roberts-hurting-wfan-ratings/

This show will be gone in about a year

12 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

In my opinion there has to be a decent balance. I really don't enjoy listening to baseball stats and contracts for 4 hours. 

That being said I like Boomer Esiason. I think he's very fair and knows the industry on both sides of the ball. Not really fond of Gio.

Colin Cowherd has some pretty good takes but his analogies are what keeps me interested. He's a smart funny guy when he talks about life in general.

The Michael Kay show in my opinion has the best balance currently. He's the worst one on his own show. Don lagreca is awesome and Peter Rosenberg plays his role well.

I'll give a nod to Dave Rothenberg as bearable. I think Chris Carlin is the best standalone.

Like I said there has to be a balance and it's definitely a tough gig. There aren't a lot of jobs available, and sometimes you're paired up to work with people and they're just simply hoping you develop chemistry. Kind of like there's only 32 head coaching jobs it's tough to say no when Opportunity Knocks.

Have really grown to like him. Think he always has a good show.

• Upvote 1

I know a lot of people got tired of Joe Benigno.  I liked him and thought he teamed up well with Evan who I find a little bland but not obnoxious.  Carton is an abomination.  His sophomoric humor sucks.  He really has nothing to offer. Can't  listen.  Moose and Maggie horrible.  Michael Kay Show nauseating.  I actually think Chris Canty knows something about football but he's so rabidly anti-Jets I can't listen to him.  I used to like Stephan A but he's off the air now.  Max Kellerman doesn't do if for me.  Sports radio a waste land.

• Thumb Down 1

23 hours ago, undertow said:

That DiPietro, Rothenberg, Canty show is pretty good, but—in typical bonehead ESPN fashion—they moved it to 5am to boost that execrable Keyshawn Johnson disaster. I’ve literally never heard a more grating radio show than the Keyshawn thing. 

It’s a shame what was done to radio after it was monopolized. FM is like the land of the braindead....by the braindead, 4 the braindead.

Many moons ago I used to like the Tony Bruno Show and Jim Rome....south FL has zero, but I haven’t checked in a really long time either....youtube is the go to.

• Thumb Down 1

20 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

Can I officially say "Thank GOD I don't live in the Major Metropolitan Area any more" lmao...

agreed !  ?.. i go back once in a while to visit family & friends but i'm glad i don't live there now   ?

• Upvote 1

Evan Roberts and Craig Carton go together like an ostracized school-yard bully being forced to share a lunch table with the class nerd.

Evan tries way too hard and Carton is spinning his wheels trying to stay relevant.

It's a bad dynamic.

• Upvote 1