Fields dropping and Wilson is rising

AL047

1 hour ago, DJF71 said:

I think Fields has only thrown 3 INT's all season.  So he had one bad half basically this year.

When has Fields ever won a BIG GAME?

Never. 

And that's because he plays in an absolute crap conference that used to be good back in the 30's, 40s, 50s and 60s. 

He tossed two INTs against Clemson during the playoffs last year too. 

When's the last time teams of his Big Ten conference has ever won themselves a Nation Championship (outside of Ohio State)?

Northwestern (0). 

Purdue (0). 

Indiana (0).

Rutgers (1869). 

Wisconsin (1942).

Illinois (1951). 

Maryland (1953). 

Iowa (1959). 

Minnesota (1960).

Michigan State (1966). 

Penn State (1986). 

Michigan (1997) and before that (1948).

Nebraska (2007). 

And we're praising him and impressed with him, for that? 

Put him in the SEC against Alabama, Georgia, Gators (or even LSU) or the ACC against Clemson, Notre Dame, Miami and even against FSU (we stink) and I bet he throws a lot more INTs just like he did against "Indiana" and Clemson (of last year). 

I've made one and only one Justin Fields prediction this year. Heading into Indiana's game I made it known I thought Fields would really struggle once not playing against an absolute crapfest defense for once. And I was literally MOCKED after his opening drive TD however after 4 quarters of play I was having the last laugh 3 INTs later. 

Nothing he does has impressed me and his style of play is frantic. He looks to run against crap defenses way too much too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Everyone just needs to forget about the QB position until we know where we are selecting. Best thing that can happen is Jaz win a game with Minshew mania. I actually root each game for the Jets to win. I just cannot bring myself to root against them so I am prepared for us to be picking #2. 

There is definitely part of me that feels if we do not get Lawrence then we should take either the tackle or trade down, and maybe get Matt Jones later, or just even see what Morgan can do for a year.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Never. 

And that's because he plays in an absolute crap conference that used to be good back in the 30's, 40s, 50s and 60s. 

When's the last time teams of his Big Ten conference has ever won themselves a Nation Championship (outside of Ohio State)?

Northwestern (0). 

Purdue (0). 

Indiana (0).

Rutgers (1869). 

Wisconsin (1942).

Illinois (1951). 

Maryland (1953). 

Iowa (1959). 

Minnesota (1960).

Michigan State (1966). 

Penn State (1986). 

Nebraska (2007). 

Put him in the SEC against Alabama, Georgia, Gators (or even LSU) or the ACC against Clemson, Notre Dame, Miami and even against FSU (we stink) and I bet he throws a lot more INTs just like he did against "Indiana" and Clemson (of last year). 

I've made one and only one Justin Fields prediction this year. Heading into Indiana's game I made it known I thought Fields would really struggle once not playing against an absolute crapfest defense for once. And I was literally MOCKED after his opening drive TD however after 4 quarters of play I was having the last laugh 3 INTs later. 

Nothing he does has impressed me and his style of play is frantic. He looks to run against crap defenses way too much too. 

ACC>Big Ten?

goodfellas GIF

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Never. 

Northwestern (0). 

Purdue (0). 

Indiana (0).

Rutgers (1869). 

Wisconsin (1942).

Illinois (1951). 

Maryland (1953). 

Iowa (1959). 

Minnesota (1960).

Michigan State (1966). 

Penn State (1986). 

Nebraska (2007). 

Nebraska didn’t win a national championship in 2007. 

I will say the SEC doesn’t seem to play defense anymore like they used to. 

9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Never. 

Northwestern (0). 

Purdue (0). 

Indiana (0).

Rutgers (1869). 

Wisconsin (1942).

Illinois (1951). 

Maryland (1953). 

Iowa (1959). 

Minnesota (1960).

Michigan State (1966). 

Penn State (1986). 

Nebraska (2007). 

Ohio State is a whale in a pond

the rest of that division is piss poor.  All the talent is going to the SEC, Big 12 and PAC-10

• Upvote 1

Never. 

Northwestern (0). 

Purdue (0). 

Indiana (0).

Rutgers (1869). 

Wisconsin (1942).

Illinois (1951). 

Maryland (1953). 

Iowa (1959). 

Minnesota (1960).

Michigan State (1966). 

Penn State (1986). 

Nebraska (2007). 

Wait a second your calling the Big 10 a crap conference while trumping up Clemson and the ACC, who up until this year had one or two competitive teams Miami and FSU . ND and NC make this years ACC probably the best its been in decades. Man you have major purple and orange glasses on.  

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, AL047 said:

BYU QB Zach Wilson is charging up 2021 NFL Draft boards (nypost.com)

One NFL executive even said they believe that Wilson will ultimately overtake Fields in the coming months ahead of April’s 2021 NFL Draft.

Ohio State’s Justin Fields was presumed to be the second-overall pick. But the Buckeyes QB has fallen under a little more scrutiny as the season has gone on. And BYU’s Zach Wilson has emerged as an elite playmaker, who went from a bubble first-round prospect to a potential top-10 pick.

One NFL executive even said they believe that Wilson will ultimately overtake Fields in the coming months ahead of April’s 2021 NFL Draft.

I'm not sold on Justin Fields, this is one QB that is beginning to show cracks on his armor!!!

I've NEVER been a believer in Fields. I think he's just another overhyped Ohio ST QB. It's their system and NOT their athletes. If somehow the Jets don't draft TL, I would want Zach Wilson. I wouldn't give Fields any consideration. 

18 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Sam gets killed for being a Qb from USC

have you seen the QBs coming out of Ohio State??

Who was the last great QB out of ND , Pitt, Michigan. Yet those schools produced Montana, Marino and Brady. The whole this or that school doesn't have good QB's is one of the most idiotic arguments I have ever heard. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I've NEVER been a believer in Fields. I think he's just another overhyped Ohio ST QB. It's their system and NOT their athletes. If somehow the Jets don't draft TL, I would want Zach Wilson. I wouldn't give Fields any consideration. 

You talk about overhyped program QB's and then want a QB from BYU ?

• Haha 2

Never. 

Northwestern (0). 

Purdue (0). 

Indiana (0).

Rutgers (1869). 

Wisconsin (1942).

Illinois (1951). 

Maryland (1953). 

Iowa (1959). 

Minnesota (1960).

Michigan State (1966). 

Penn State (1986). 

Nebraska (2007). 

This is one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen on this forum. The Big Ten is probably the second best conference in college football.

• Upvote 4

lol - man, this is board is hysterical sometimes, you all are so ridiculously reactionary.  Nobody scouts this way.

Fields had 1 "rough game" - where he still put up a stupid stat line and beat a top 10 team and you think scouts hit the breaks?  lol

He's going #2 overall to Jax, moments after the Jets take Lawrence.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, JTJet said:

Lawrence/Mayfield

Wilson/Darnold

Lance/Allen

Fields/Jackson

Its happening all over again... 

Maybe we pick the right guy this time in the right spot though. 

Edit for clarification: Not comparing each player. Just that theres 4 prospects somewhat projected closely together, and we could end up choosing badly again. 

I get what your doing here (4 QBs in the draft) but Lawrence at 6-6”, 225 being picked #1 overall to Baker Mayfield the midget being the #1 in 2018 is a huge difference. 
When I watched the Ravens vs Browns I was literally imagining how much more of the middle of the field Lawrence will see compared to Mayfield. 
Ravens CBs & safeties nicked up really allowed Baker to KILL them on those quick out routes. But the Browns don’t run as many crossers because Bakers passes get tipped a lot when he goes over the middle. 
The release points are probably almost a foot different between the 2. 

47 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Fields is way better than any QB Ohio State has ever had, though. 

10 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Never. 

Northwestern (0). 

Purdue (0). 

Indiana (0).

Rutgers (1869). 

Wisconsin (1942).

Illinois (1951). 

Maryland (1953). 

Iowa (1959). 

Minnesota (1960).

Michigan State (1966). 

Penn State (1986). 

Nebraska (2007). 

I would prefer TL, but there is 50/50 chance we won't get him.  Its the Jets and they screw everything up.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This is one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen on this forum. The Big Ten is probably the second best conference in college football.

Maybe in the 1930, 40s, 50s and 60s or even 1800's lol; but not today they aren't. 

It's been over 23 years since a Big Ten program (outside of Ohio State) has ever won a single National Championship. 

by far one of the least competitive Conferences within the entire Country. 

54b95a4d1fc21.image.thumb.jpg.bbad30e5fa4307d2f6a029654901d2cc.jpg

Those days are long gone and not even Penn State has been able to win a National Championship since dating back to 1986 (I was 1 years old lol). 

• Thumb Down 1

14 hours ago, AtticusGase said:

I don’t get it. Fields has played as well as anyone can play the position at Ohio State. They have been virtually unbeatable with him under center. 

He has one bad half vs a good defense in Indiana in a game where his team was leading 35-7 in the 3rd quarter and all of a sudden people start doubting him?

Hate to say it, but is this more prejudice against the black QB?

No, more like prejudice against Ohio St. QBs regardless of color.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Ohio State is a whale in a pond

the rest of that division is piss poor.  All the talent is going to the SEC, Big 12 and PAC-10

Based on amount players in the NFL by conference and produced by individual schools, that would be a completely incorrect statement.

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Ohio State argument is almost completely meaningless.  It's been debunked entirely numerous times in this forum for a multitude of reasons.  

No it hasn't. Because Justin Fields hasn't beaten anyone yet. 

Can you even name me 1 BIG GAME that he's won? No. You can't (none of us can). 

20 hours ago, AL047 said:

BYU QB Zach Wilson is charging up 2021 NFL Draft boards (nypost.com)

Ohio State’s Justin Fields was presumed to be the second-overall pick. But the Buckeyes QB has fallen under a little more scrutiny as the season has gone on. And BYU’s Zach Wilson has emerged as an elite playmaker, who went from a bubble first-round prospect to a potential top-10 pick.

I'm not sold on Justin Fields, this is one QB that is beginning to show cracks on his armor!!!

There is NO way I would take Fields over Trevor Lawrence.  I have been saying that from the get-go.  However, no way would I take Wilson before Fields.  

IMHO, I think Fields will be an excellent pro QB, but I don't think Wilson is going to work out. 

14 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

After this abomination of a season and all of the suffering the fans have endured with Gase at the helm, anything but the #1 pick and Trevor Lawrence will be a HUGE disappointment. 

I agree with 100 % passion.  For me, it is Trevor Lawrence or bust.  If the Jets dont wind up with Trevor Lawrence, it will be the biggest sports let-down for me ever.  One that eclipses the Mud Bowl loss.  I don't think I'd ever get over it if the Jets blew their chance at drafting the best QB prospect ever. 

• Post of the Week 1

I believe Mac Jones is going to skyrocket up the draft board and become selected #2 overall (over Justin Fields). 

2020: 217/284 (76.4%), 3,321 passing yards, 27 TD's/3 INTs along with a QB Rating of 203.9 (that's even higher than Joe Burrow's QB Rating of 202.0 @ LSU last year). 

If Mac Jones A.) Dominates Florida. B.) Eliminates Fields and Ohio State during the playoffs (Alabama/Clemson will be ranked #1/#2 after Clemson beats Notre Dame) and C.) Finds himself in a National Championship Game vs. Trevor Lawrence? 

I believe Mac Jones will skyrocket past Fields as a QB prospect heading into the draft. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

How many "big"games did Mahomes win in college? Or Aaron Rodgers? Or Tom Brady?

Mahomes and Rodgers didn't attend powerhouse Ohio State. 

And you must not know too much about Tom Brady's big wins @ Michigan; specifically during his final season of 1999 @ Michigan because a kid Brady delivered a 4th-quarter comeback during a 31-27 win against against 6th ranked Penn State, he beat Ohio State in order to advance to the Rose Bowl (huge win) and then he beat a #5 ranked ALABAMA powerhouse team in OT (in the Rose Bowl) while throwing for 4 TDs and almost 400 yards. 

Tom Brady had big wins; Justin Fields doesn't.

All I'm saying is that after former NFL QBs from Ohio State such as Mike Tomczak, Craig Krenzel, Troy Smith, Terrelle Pryor, J.T Barrett and Dwayne Haskins have all came before Fields is it asking for TOO MUCH to first see him actually win a big game against someone before labeling him #2 overall pick worthy?