Football Outsiders updates odds of Jets going 0-16 to 57.7%

Jetsbb

2 hours ago, Lizard King said:

I would love to see you personally come out of college, get into any job surrounded by seasoned world class professionals and have your boss tell the world two years later that he did nothing over that time period to foster your development 

he may not be Peyton Manning. But this organization knows quarterback development about as well as @Irish Jetknows Mandarin Chinese and it’s a sin. 

And I will counter this by suggesting this isn't an excuse to sh*t your pants at work every day.  Man up and do the best you can, because life isn't always fair.  Adversity is supposed to shape you for the better, not the worse.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

LOL you're relentless, though. I admit he's terrible, I don't want him on the team anymore but that's not good enough for you.

You remind me of a Louis CK bit about seeing a barrel of duck vaginas in Chinatownand how much do you have to dominate a species that you have a barrel of their vaginas.

Well, 80 mine is one vagina that you will not be getting in the barrel, no sir, not this vagina.  (this is also a metaphor btw, I know you're not good with those)

I accept your submission.

You learned quicker than @Pac when it came to Maccagnan, at least.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And I will counter this by suggesting this isn't an excuse to sh*t your pants at work every day.  Man up and do the best you can, because life isn't always fair.  Adversity is supposed to shape you for the better, not the worse.  

I have and I did. You know how long it took me and I’m not a world class athlete? 5 solid years 

2 hours ago, Lizard King said:

I have and I did. You know how long it took me and I’m not a world class athlete? 5 solid years 

And that timeframe is in no way analogous to the experience of an NFL Quarterback.  QB's do not take 5 years to show that they are any good.  Nor has moving on quickly ever hurt the team that made that call.  The Cardinals gave up on Josh Rosen after 13 games and that worked out very nicely for them.  

And if you want to point out two decade old QB's like Rich Gannon, then I'll point out the many, many QB's who showed nothing after 3 seasons and went on to continue to suck.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And that timeframe is in no way analogous to the experience of an NFL Quarterback.  QB's do not take 5 years to show that they are any good.  Nor has moving on quickly ever hurt the team that made that call.  The Cardinals gave up on Josh Rosen after 13 games and that worked out very nicely for them.  

And if you want to point out two decade old QB's like Rich Gannon, then I'll point out the many, many QB's who showed nothing after 3 seasons and went on to continue to suck.

Kurt Warner used to ******* bag groceries

2 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Kurt Warner used to ******* bag groceries

Oh wow!  And his 2nd season in the NFL (3rd if you want to count his 1994 season as Green Bay's 4th stringer), he went 13-3.  It still didn't take 5 years for him to learn to play in the league once he got his shot.  

Want to talk Jim Plunkett next?  This is fun.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, QB1 said:

Steve Young is really the best and only example I can think of. Hope we aren’t the 86 Bucs.

Anyone who wants to suggest Sam Darnold can learn to be good after 3 years of suck need to go back decades to find examples.  It's not a great track record and doesn't make Darnold a strong bet post-Jets.

The NFL after the Ty Law rule is very different than it was pre-2004.  Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson won Super Bowls before the Ty Law rule came into effect.  It's like a different sport.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Anyone who wants to suggest Sam Darnold can learn to be good after 3 years of suck need to go back decades to find examples.  It's not a great track record and doesn't make Darnold a strong bet post-Jets.

The NFL after the Ty Law rule is very different than it was pre-2004.  Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson won Super Bowls before the Ty Law rule came into effect.  It's like a different sport.  

Until the Darnold debate, I never truly understood the mentality that makes some people spend 75% of their weekly paycheck on lottery tickets.

• Upvote 1