623 Days

JohnnyLV

26 minutes ago, freestater said:

"Coaching where football is going"

You have to find that clip... I tried.  Basically Chris the dick comparing Adam gase to Wayne Gretzky... He is coaching where the game is going.

That IMO speaks to the TOTAL FUKKIN idiot Chris Johnson is.  Woody leaves a multi billion dollar business to a total idiot.

Woody is an idiot, eclipsed slightly by his brother.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jetster said:

No one will care if the prize at the end of the losing streak is Trevor Lawrence. 
Packed Stadium, a return to relevancy & finally an offensive team again instead of OFFENSIVE. 

People better hope to hell the rest of douglas's picks pan out because trevor lawrnce alone will make very little difference.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

You have to find that clip... I tried.  Basically Chris the dick comparing Adam gase to Wayne Gretzky... He is coaching where the game is going.

That IMO speaks to the TOTAL FUKKIN idiot Chris Johnson is.  Woody leaves a multi billion dollar business to a total idiot.

Woody is an idiot, eclipsed slightly by his brother.

Both brothers never ran the J&J business. They just happened to be born into the crib with the fat checkbook on the nightstand. I think Woody is the worse idiot. But it's close.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

Both brothers never ran the J&J business. They just happened to be born into the crib with the fat checkbook on the nightstand. I think Woody is the worse idiot. But it's close.

Never ran?? They are not allowed on the premises.  Google Chris Johnson. He doesn't even have a WIKI page he has accomplished so little.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Bungaman said:

They are both rich kid toolbags Woody never stopped being involved with running the Jets he’s full of crap and I feel sorry for jets fans who actually think Woody has been too busy with the made up job Trump gave him 

19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

People better hope to hell the rest of douglas's picks pan out because trevor lawrnce alone will make very little difference.

Really?

Thanks for the daily reminder but I think we know this and hope he makes the right moves

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I love how you tell Mets fans a rich owner mean nothing and then you put up two pictures of players that were brought by spending a ton of money.  One the most brain dead overpayment in all of sports.

The Mets spend a ton of money too, they are Top 5 in MLB in the last decade.  It's never been about the money, that's what you Cohen worshippers don't get.  It's been about picking the wrong players.  And then Cohen brings Sandy Alderson back!  LOL.

Cole and Panarin are MVP-caliber players on stacked young rosters, two rebuilds years ahead of schedule.  I wish the same type of turnaround for the Mets as I'd love to have some rational Jets talk  without the Chicken Little woe-is-me undercurrent we've been forced to suffer through for the last 25 years.

SAR I

On 12/16/2020 at 10:53 AM, Jetster said:

No one will care if the prize at the end of the losing streak is Trevor Lawrence AND T.L. is an All-Pro Franchise QB for a decade or more.

FYP.  Just "getting" T.L. is only part of the equation.

He needs to be great AFTER we get him too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The Mets spend a ton of money too, they are Top 5 in MLB in the last decade.  It's never been about the money, that's what you Cohen worshippers don't get.  It's been about picking the wrong players.  And then Cohen brings Sandy Alderson back!  LOL.

Cole and Panarin are MVP-caliber players on stacked young rosters, two rebuilds years ahead of schedule.  I wish the same type of turnaround for the Mets as I'd love to have some rational Jets talk  without the Chicken Little woe-is-me undercurrent we've been forced to suffer through for the last 25 years.

SAR I

The Mets arena in the top 5.  Thats not correct.  Dodgers, Yankees, Cubs, Red Sox & Astros are the top 5.  The 2019 season add the Giants, Cards, Nats, Angles, Phillies, Rockies and Rangers fill out the rest ahead of the Mets.  So no, they dont spend.  Doesnt even come close to what the differences were to money spent on infrastructure.  

Coles deal is a joke.  What team gives a 30 year old pitcher a long term 300+ mil dollar contract other than the Yanke$$?  Wasnt the point though, on one side of your mouth you said money and spending wasnt important but on the other you put up pictures of two high priced FAs the Ynaks and Rangers signed to big money.  Yankees arent a young rebuilding team ahead of any schedule.  

Who in their right mind laughs at Sandy Alderson?  Oh yeah, the one leading the Gase is coming back clown show.  

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The Mets arena in the top 5.  Thats not correct.  Dodgers, Yankees, Cubs, Red Sox & Astros are the top 5.  So no, they dont spend.  Doesnt even come close to what the differences were to money spent on infrastructure.  

The Mets were #6 in MLB in salary cap in 2020, and are sitting at #3 for 2021:

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/

Coles deal is a joke.  What team gives a 30 year old pitcher a long term 300+ mil dollar contract other than the Yanke$$?

The staff envisioned did not come to fruition due to injuries and suspensions.  Cole is great.  Don't care about the contract.  He's no Bobby Bonilla.

Wasnt the point though, on one side of your mouth you said money and spending wasnt important but on the other you put up pictures of two high priced FAs the Ynaks and Rangers signed to big money.

No, what I said is that the Mets always spend so having a very wealthy owner isn't going to make this big improvement that you think it will.  The key is to spend on the right players, something the Mets have made huge mistakes on that couldn't be overcome by homegrown talent, another Mets deficiency.

Who in their right mind laughs at Sandy Alderson?  

Because the Mets were so good under his leadership?  I don't see Jets fans lobbying to build a statue of Mike Tannenbaum, and he accomplished more.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Mets were #6 in MLB in salary cap in 2020, and are sitting at #3 for 2021:

# 6 isnt top 5.  

he staff envisioned did not come to fruition due to injuries and suspensions.  Cole is great.  Don't care about the contract.  He's no Bobby Bonilla.

Coles contract is dumb and stupid but if he carries the team into the WS he is worth it until he wont be when hes old and is the new Stanton weighing down Cashmans ability to deal

No, what I said is that the Mets always spend so having a very wealthy owner isn't going to make this big improvement that you think it will.  The key is to spend on the right players, something the Mets have made huge mistakes on that couldn't be overcome by homegrown talent, another Mets deficiency.

Mets until the Coupons spent in cycles, some years yes, most no.  They cheap skated their way with scouting, infrastructure, drafting players who dont require huge signing bonuses, not going after international players who require dowries to get to the bid level.  Even when the Coupons spent they wouldnt go all the way and fill out the remainder of the lineup or pitching staff.  Again you are wrong.

Because the Mets were so good under his leadership?  I don't see Jets fans lobbying to build a statue of Mike Tannenbaum, and he accomplished more.

His leadership was responsible for all the young players on the team.  His leadership is responsible for the last NY team to appear in a WS.  His leadership was pretty damn good given the pursestrings he had to deal with.  Id love to see Cashing with the Mets budget, the Mets infrastructure.