“I couldnt ask to work for a better guy...”

Team archer

7 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Turn on the TV and see what anyone says about Gase. 

TV, print, and social media are all about making money.  They aren't objective, they are completely scripted.  And nothing gets eyeballs and clicks like feeding sad-sack Mets fans woe-is-me the-sky-is-falling Jets news.  

The NY Metro region has 20 million people, there are more Jets fans in this country than Patriots fans by a margin of 2:1, we outnumber Broncos fans 5:1.  

Crucifying the Jets and humiliating Jets fans is big business, the Daily News and WFAN make more money off the Jets if they lose than if they win.  It would be nice if you weren't so gullible.  Maybe they'd actually report some real sports news that way.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

TV, print, and social media are all about making money.  They aren't objective, they are completely scripted.  And nothing gets eyeballs and clicks like feeding sad-sack Mets fans woe-is-me the-sky-is-falling Jets news.  

The NY Metro region has 20 million people, there are more Jets fans in this country than Patriots fans by a margin of 2:1, we outnumber Broncos fans 5:1.  

Crucifying the Jets and humiliating Jets fans is big business, the Daily News and WFAN make more money off the Jets if they lose than if they win.  It would be nice if you weren't so gullible.  Maybe they'd actually report some real sports news that way.

SAR I

lol

22 hours ago, southtown24th said:

watch it happen man

they love this guy

******* dickheads love ******* dickheads

watch

There is no way he stays. I'm not sure about CJ but Woody cares about the back page of the tabloids and if Gase is retained, they will be covered in green blood. There is no way Woody will stand for that. 

Gase admitted to everyone about 2 weeks ago he did a poor job with Darnold. That alone is reason to fire him 

43 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This seems like they're setting up Gase to resign with a tiny modicum of dignity at the end of a winless season, rather than firing him.

Gase is already thinking about how to get a second act somewhere in a couple years (if possible).  But he's done irreparable harm to any cred he's had as an offensive guy or QB guru.  Not even Peyton Manning could save him now.  Wouldn't be surprised if he pops up as a college OC in a few years.

He’s going to become the assistant to the assistant QB coach of the Wagner College Sea Hawks thinking that he’s signing with the Seattle Seahawks.

44 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

There is no way he stays. I'm not sure about CJ but Woody cares about the back page of the tabloids and if Gase is retained, they will be covered in green blood. There is no way Woody will stand for that. 

Gase admitted to everyone about 2 weeks ago he did a poor job with Darnold. That alone is reason to fire him 

You can look at it one of two ways....

He's reflecting and admitting fault because he's on his way out

OR

He's reflecting and admitting fault because he is gearing up for another year and doing some things to make himself someone people have empathy for...

I will believe it when I see it...

1 hour ago, Drums said:

I know what you’re saying but every once in a while a horror movie comes out and resets the genre because it becomes stale quickly. Either way, you can’t expect them to reinvent the wheel over and over when millions of horror movies have come out. With that said House of 1000 Corpses renewed my faith in horror movies when it came out. Recently The Lodge, Midsommar, and some others is where it’s at. Host was pretty good even though it has been oversaturated with ghost movies lately. We are adults—it is nearly impossible to scare us—but they are good movies. 

Anyway, back to sh*tting on our sh*tty HC. Adam Gase sucks. 

Midsommar blew nuts man lol. I did like Mandy though. 

6 minutes ago, Drums said:

Why?

It just wasnt a good movie in my opinion, it was obvious what the outcome was from very early on, especially from the trailer. I dont believe the motivations of basically anyone in the movie made any sense either. 

Mandy on the other hand knew what it was and ran with it like a bat out of hell. Crazy acid trip of a movie. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

No one knows if Woody Johnson is coming back to be the Jets CEO.  He may very well give his brother and the current Gase/Douglas regime one more year to see if they improve and then next season, when he's actually had first-hand experience in the building for the first time in 4 years, get rid of all 3 of them.  The unique circumstances of the 2020 season, all the injuries, the fire-sale, and the Darnold bust all pull in Gase/Douglas's favor.

Sam Darnold is Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles' quarterback.  Douglas and Gase can't be fired until they draft their own guy.

SAR I

Can someone tell me what this GIF means? Gase has a problem moving his mouth so he needs to use his hand? 

It means Christopher and Adam are laughing at what you wrote.  Each time someone posts "Christopher Johnson is going to fire Adam Gase" that gif says "the joke's on you".

SAR I

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Sounded like the kind of thing you say before you leave. 

The question from the reporter (Cimini and follow up by Cannizzaro) was "Do you feel like you've let (Christopher Johnson) down?  And have you expressed that to him?"

And Gase's answer was "Yeah, we've discussed this, I've told him multiple times, you deserve better."

The press was asking if Christopher Johnson has been supportive.  Gase was giving examples.  This has nothing to do with any conspiracy theory about resignation or termination.  He was asked a question and shed his owner in a positive light.  As he should, considering they are partners in the rebuild.  Mr. Johnson is a present, hands-on owner.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No one knows if Woody Johnson is coming back to be the Jets CEO.  He may very well give his brother and the current Gase/Douglas regime one more year to see if they improve and then next season, when he's actually had first-hand experience in the building for the first time in 4 years, get rid of all 3 of them.  The unique circumstances of the 2020 season, all the injuries, the fire-sale, and the Darnold bust all pull in Gase/Douglas's favor.

Sam Darnold is Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles' quarterback.  Douglas and Gase can't be fired until they draft their own guy.

SAR I

First off, if you think Woody is going to sit there and watch this team get ripped apart by the media, you haven't been paying attention. Why do you think Woody retained Rex while looking for a new GM. The guy was a walking talking PR machine. Good or bad Woody prescribes to the notion any media coverage is good media coverage. Trust me, Woody is back to running this team on Jan 20th and 12 PM. Maybe CJ stays on but Woody will likely say Thanks CJ, but I got this. As bad as Woody was in the past, he never went winless and I can guarantee Woody is embarrassed. He bought the Jets, not CJ. 

And where did you get this pearl of Wisdom the Darnold is the decidi g factor for anyone to be fired? This is why Gase will be fired. It was his responsibility for 2 years to improve this team. He has done the opposite. The Jets are laughing stock. SNL dedicated an entire skit to them. That is another thing Woody is upset about. I don't even have to see reporting on that. Woody does not want to be embarrassed by his friends telling him his team is a joke. 

Gase is not only on thin ice, he has already broken through and is now flailing to stay above water. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The question from the reporter (Cimini and follow up by Cannizzaro) was "Do you feel like you've let (Christopher Johnson) down?  And have you expressed that to him?"

And Gase's answer was "Yeah, we've discussed this, I've told him multiple times, you deserve better."

The press was asking if Christopher Johnson has been supportive.  Gase was giving examples.  This has nothing to do with any conspiracy theory about resignation or termination.  He was asked a question and shed his owner in a positive light.  As he should, considering they are partners in the rebuild.  Mr. Johnson is a present, hands-on owner.

SAR I

CJ is also soon to be an ex employee of the Jets. What a shame Gase hitched himself to that wagon 

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

It just wasnt a good movie in my opinion, it was obvious what the outcome was from very early on, especially from the trailer. I dont believe the motivations of basically anyone in the movie made any sense either. 

Mandy on the other hand knew what it was and ran with it like a bat out of hell. Crazy acid trip of a movie. 

Fair enough. I am going to check Mandy out. Did you see Hereditary? 

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

First off, if you think Woody is going to sit there and watch this team get ripped apart by the media, you haven't been paying attention.

Where does it say that Woody Johnson is returning to America?  Where does it say that if he does, he wants to become the CEO of a troubled football team instead of serving in a diplomatic capacity, heading one of the J&J families philanthropic endeavors, or spending a year relaxing on a tropical Caribbean beach?  If he was that into football he wouldn't have left in the first place.

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

And where did you get this pearl of Wisdom the Darnold is the decidi g factor for anyone to be fired? This is why Gase will be fired. It was his responsibility for 2 years to improve this team. He has done the opposite. The Jets are laughing stock. SNL dedicated an entire skit to them. That is another thing Woody is upset about.

You are hanging your hopes of a Gase firing on a Woody Johnson return and, so far, there is nothing to indicate this is happening.  And, if Woody Johnson is as sensitive to media criticism as you say he is, well well well.....

With the team being in the middle of an ugly rebuild and the media ready to pounce on him for alleged inappropriate comments about black people and women, he'd be thinking about laying very low somewhere or rebuilding his reputation by doing charitable work.  Coming to the NY media maelstrom as an alleged womanizing racist with the Trump stigma and an 0-16 football team?  Yeah, if I'm a 73 year old billionaire that's exactly what I'd do.  You aren't going to see Woody Johnson near the Jets again, maybe ever.

SAR I

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Which would explain the 0-16

threeidiots.jpg

No, that would be because of these three morons.

Christopher, Joe, and Adam are here to rebuild the mess they made.  It takes more than 1 draft and 1 free agent period to unto 10 years of that kind of football malpractice.

SAR I

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Where does it say that Woody Johnson is returning to America?  Where does it say that if he does, he wants to become the CEO of a troubled football team instead of serving in a diplomatic capacity, heading one of the J&J families philanthropic endeavors, or spending a year relaxing on a tropical Caribbean beach?  If he was that into football he wouldn't have left in the first place.

You are hanging your hopes of a Gase firing on a Woody Johnson return and, so far, there is nothing to indicate this is happening.  And, if Woody Johnson is as sensitive to media criticism as you say he is, well well well.....

With the team being in the middle of an ugly rebuild and the media ready to pounce on him for alleged inappropriate comments about black people and women, he'd be thinking about laying very low somewhere or rebuilding his reputation by doing charitable work.  Coming to the NY media maelstrom as an alleged womanizing racist with the Trump stigma and an 0-16 football team?  Yeah, if I'm a 73 year old billionaire that's exactly what I'd do.  You aren't going to see Woody Johnson near the Jets again, maybe ever.

SAR I

Why would he not? Nobody remembers those comments. Do you think someone is actually concerned with what Woody said while he was an ambassador to England? 

And I am not hanging hope on anything, I am presenting a likely scenario. And seriously, you are asking why he left in the first place? Do you have the slightest idea how prestigious and ambassadorship is? He would be nuts to turn that down. 

Gase is gone dude, this was his swan song. Nobody talks like this if they are staying. He knows he is out at the end of the season. If anything, he just made it easier for someone to fire him yesterday. 

My understanding is that the three Johnsons (Mom, Woody, Chris) owned a 1/3 of the team, and Mom told Woody to run it.  

Mom passed away, so now the two of them own it.  

I actually believe that the Johnsons have not decided what to do with Gase.  They are exploring other options that are clear upgrades.  I don't think a coordinator is that.   They know they can't tell Gase or JD to tank, so they are watching what happens.  If Gase can win a game, and they lose TL, then maybe keeping Darnold and Gase around while JD continues to rebuild the roster (he has to do better at that) is actually a possibility.  I am not dismissing it.

But if the Jets get Lawrence, I believe they will replace Gase with a HC who can coach him. 

But this is also why week 17 is absurd.  Gase proves nothing by beating the Patriots in that game.  So if Gase if 0-15, fire him then and make sure someone is in on the tank.  

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

My understanding is that the three Johnsons (Mom, Woody, Chris) owned a 1/3 of the team, and Mom told Woody to run it.  

Mom passed away, so now the two of them own it.  

I actually believe that the Johnsons have not decided what to do with Gase.  They are exploring other options that are clear upgrades.  I don't think a coordinator is that.   They know they can't tell Gase or JD to tank, so they are watching what happens.  If Gase can win a game, and they lose TL, then maybe keeping Darnold and Gase around while JD continues to rebuild the roster (he has to do better at that) is actually a possibility.  I am not dismissing it.

But if the Jets get Lawrence, I believe they will replace Gase with a HC who can coach him. 

But this is also why week 17 is absurd.  Gase proves nothing by beating the Patriots in that game.  So if Gase if 0-15, fire him then and make sure someone is in on the tank.  

So wait, if they get Lawrence they fire Gase because he has shown he isn't capable of developing him but if the miss out they keep Gase around to keep coaching Darnold? 

• Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, Drums said:

True. I think age comes into play. I was 5 when I saw Halloween and have never forgotten it. 

Yeah that's fair, sh*t I remember being pretty young when the Thriller music video came out, that scared me more than current horror movies lol. 

• Haha 1

On 12/16/2020 at 11:54 AM, nycdan said:

I believe Chris Johnson is a good guy.  I believe he wants the team to do well.

If Chris Johnson (and/or Woody) jet-tisons Gase and gives Douglas control of football operations including the hiring of the next coaching staff, I will be big fans of the Johnsons.  It's really that simple.

Building the shared New Dump 10 feet away from the rented Old Dump and getting in bed with the Maras again in an even worse way precludes being a fan of the Johnsons on this planet or any other. The Maras even got Woody the Rube to cheap out on a roof when The POS Palace wound up costing as much as a NASA mission. Gotta go, my rocket ship to the far reaches of Alpha Centauri is about to take off.