“I couldnt ask to work for a better guy...”

Team archer

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I don’t know which will be worse the Jets winning one game here at the end or then not firing Gase.  Ahhhh I know both ??

Not firing Gase would be considerably worse. 

It would be the biggest PR disaster in the history of the franchise. Which is exactly why it will never happen. 

Even Gase has flat out told the media that he hasn't done a good job in recent weeks. He's talked about being brought here to get the most out of Sam and having failed at that. He's talked about letting ownership down. He's basically acknowledged the abject failure that he has been here. Even he knows he's getting fired. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Not firing Gase would be considerably worse. 

It would be the biggest PR disaster in the history of the franchise. Which is exactly why it will never happen. 

Even Gase has flat out told the media that he hasn't done a good job in recent weeks. He's talked about being brought here to get the most out of Sam and having failed at that. He's talked about letting ownership down. He's basically acknowledged the abject failure that he has been here. Even he knows he's getting fired. 

Jets gonna Jet though

• Haha 1

Just now, SAR I said:

You completely miscalculate how many people see things as you do.

The majority of Jets fans are rational and understand that Gase is a victim in all of this, not the cause.  After a decade of absolute malpractice, Idzik and Maccagnan left him a pile of crap, it got injured, then the virus hit, then the draft class didn't play, then the supposed franchise quarterback busted. 

PR?  It's the biggest roster disaster in the history of the franchise.  Gase is here to fix it.  Off to a good start, too.

SAR I

LMAO, I love you. 

Never change.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

LMAO, I love you. 

Never change.

* Maccagnan gone, Douglas an immediate improvement.
* Glat gone, Elhai not in Johnson's ear.
* Bad players on bad contracts gone (Trumaine, Bell, etc.)
* Serviceable older players traded for future capital (Williamson, McLendon, etc.)
* Malcontents shown the door for a draft haul (Leonard, Jamal, etc.)
* Leaders brought here to help change the culture (Gore, Flacco, etc.)
* Strong draft with studs Becton and Mims, as well as Mann, Davis, Perine.
* Darnold given half a season to show improvement, cut bait when it was clear he's a bust.
* Team playing hard every game, giving 100% effort, no one mailing it in.
* Lockerroom sticking together, no backstabbing, no social media, no 'unnamed sources'.

Only 20% of what a head coach does is about playcalling and play design.  That can be solved by a new offensive coordinator which we desperately need.  We don't lose a head coach that has the 80% nailed especially on a franchise that hasn't come close to someone with these HC abilities since 1998.  

In trying to find a great offensive guru we accidentally found a great head coach which is much harder to do.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

* Serviceable older players traded for important future capital (Williamson, McLendon, etc.)
* Strong draft with what looks like studs in Becton and Mims and potential in Mann, Davis, Perine.
* Darnold given half a season to show improvement, cut bait when it was clear he's a bust.
* Lockerroom sticking together, no backstabbing, no social media, no 'unnamed sources'.

Only 20% of what a head coach does is about playcalling and play design.  That can be solved by a new offensive coordinator which we desperately need.  We don't lose a head coach that has the 80% nailed especially on a franchise that hasn't come close to someone with these HC abilities since 1998.  

In trying to find a great offensive guru we accidentally found a great head coach which is much harder to do.

SAR I

Gase isn't coming back dude, lol. Accept it. Me and you have a better chance of getting laid by Scarlett Johansson than Gase returning next season.

Aka, neither is happening. 

55 minutes ago, SAR I said:

* Serviceable older players traded for future capital (Williamson, McLendon, etc.)
* Strong draft with studs Becton and Mims, as well as Mann, Davis, Perine.

SAR I

Edit:

* Manish gone 

• Upvote 1

Among other things, reports are that tv ad revenue is down significantly. Jets fans watch because the Jets are in T f T mode. Who else watches?

Johnsons’ have fellow owners. What will their advice be. Keeping Gase costs the NFL money. 

So I think Gase is gone.

3 hours ago, JetsfanLI said:

The Johnson’s will make Gase the head of football operations and JD and the new head coach will report to him.

I'm good with that.  The jury is still out on Gase's abilities as an offensive designer and playcaller, but he's an excellent football man.

SAR I

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

You completely miscalculate how many people see things as you do.

The majority of Jets fans are rational and understand that Gase is a victim in all of this, not the cause.  After a decade of absolute malpractice, Idzik and Maccagnan left him a pile of crap, it got injured, then the virus hit, then the draft class didn't play, then the supposed franchise quarterback busted. 

PR?  It's the biggest roster disaster in the history of the franchise.  Gase is here to fix it.  Off to a good start, too.

SAR I

We fired Bowles, but now under your thinking you imagine that Bowles had the 1960’s Packers when compared to Adam Gase.  

Yes, the team has poor talent but so did it under Bowles and the team did not look like this even with the wandering Ghandi  aka Jeremy Bates calling the plays.  

Bad talent can lead to bad play no doubt it shouldn’t result in historically bad NFL football.  

The fans are too gone from Gase for him to be retained. I do believe that if the fans were divided on Gase he would be here next year. Same with Darnold, if more fans were open to him returning next year I believe JD would trade the pick for a haul. The fans are really the ones making the decisions.

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I was 10 when that movie came out. Had my brother sneak me into the movie. Scared me to death. Compared to what's out there now, this is the equivalent of Finding Nemo!

Honestly I think quite the opposite. 

The stuff now is dumb and mostly only relies on jump scares and retreads of the same concepts. I had this discussion with someone the other day, that I believe the horror genre is sort of washed up and cannot truly scare people anymore, at least not in the way the Exorcist, The Shining, Hellraiser, The Thing, or Alien really stuck with you. 

I pissed myself when I was about 7 and stayed up with my older sister to watch Hellraiser. Didnt sleep right for a month lol. 

But let's be real, there ain't nothing scarier than watching the Jets play football anyways. 

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

We fired Bowles, but now under your thinking you imagine that Bowles had the 1960’s Packers when compared to Adam Gase.  

Yes, the team has poor talent but so did it under Bowles and the team did not look like this even with the wandering Ghandi  aka Jeremy Bates calling the plays.  

Bad talent can lead to bad play no doubt it shouldn’t result in historically bad NFL football.  

CJ Mosley, Jamal Adams, Leonard Williams, and Steve McClendon.

Le'Veon Bell, Robbie Anderson, Breshad Perriman, Denzel Mims, LaMical Perine, Sam Darnold.

That's 10 of 17 potential playmakers for this team either ejected completely, injured, or a bust for the majority of the season.  No head coach could overcome those kinds of losses to a roster.  What Douglas is doing makes sense for the long-term but crippled Gase this year.

SAR I

This seems like they're setting up Gase to resign with a tiny modicum of dignity at the end of a winless season, rather than firing him.

Gase is already thinking about how to get a second act somewhere in a couple years (if possible).  But he's done irreparable harm to any cred he's had as an offensive guy or QB guru.  Not even Peyton Manning could save him now.  Wouldn't be surprised if he pops up as a college OC in a few years.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, JTJet said:

The stuff now is dumb and mostly only relies on jump scares and retreads of the same concepts. I had this discussion with someone the other day, that I believe the horror genre is sort of washed up and cannot truly scare people anymore, at least not in the way the Exorcist, The Shining, Hellraiser, The Thing, or Alien really stuck with you. 

I pissed myself when I was about 7 and stayed up with my older sister to watch Hellraiser. Didnt sleep right for a month lol. 

But let's be real, there ain't nothing scarier than watching the Jets play football anyways. 

I know what you’re saying but every once in a while a horror movie comes out and resets the genre because it becomes stale quickly. Either way, you can’t expect them to reinvent the wheel over and over when millions of horror movies have come out. With that said House of 1000 Corpses renewed my faith in horror movies when it came out. Recently The Lodge, Midsommar, and some others is where it’s at. Host was pretty good even though it has been oversaturated with ghost movies lately. We are adults—it is nearly impossible to scare us—but they are good movies. 

Anyway, back to sh*tting on our sh*tty HC. Adam Gase sucks. 

41 minutes ago, JTJet said:

The CGI has really ruined it.... I agree.

Nightmare on Elm Street 4- The Dream Master had me jumping out of my seat and I was 25 at that time... over 30 years ago.

When I was younger, reading Stephen King novels before bed would cause me the same sleep disorder you mentioned. Always read those books with my chair up against the wall so no one could sneak up and slit my throat! LOL

• Sympathy 1