Trevor says he’d be ready to come to the Jets!

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Well this was nice to hear. Realistically, I'm not sure what else he is supposed to say in that situation. For argument sake, say that he IS completely dead set against going to the jets. In his mind there is no way he will sign a contract with NY. What is he supposed to say to that question. I dont think at this stage, this far from the draft and before the offseason even starts he would tell the media that "Hell no I'm not playing for the Jets. Adam Gase is intellectually disabled and everyone knows he's into some voodoo sh*t with those eyes". 

So I don't think this makes it 100% definite that he would play for the Jets but I've felt all along that the chances of him pulling a Manning were very slim to begin with. So I am definitely happy to hear this and if anything hopefully the media will chill out with the whole "he can never play for the Jets, Adam Gase does voodoo" narrative. 

I agree with your thought process...but, it's a decent sign all around.

**** it.

let's roll with it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

Although not crazy about hearing that he hasn't totally decided he is leaving school.

I think that was mostly him just tiptoeing around the question to be respectful to his team and fans so that he doesn't come across like he is already checked out and focused on the NFL. Sort of like a "we've still got games to play this season, we're not thinking about next year" type of comment. He's 110% declaring for the draft this year imo. 

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, King P said:

Question:

What makes him different than Stafford or Mayfield? 

Baker is a completely different situation.  He didnt even know he would be the first pick until a few hours before the draft.  Lawrence has been the consensus #1 for two years.

Stafford?  Not as easy to argue him joining the 0-16 Lions.  Was a very good prospect going to a seemingly hopeless franchise.  Detroit had a losing culture, but without the microscope on it like New York.  

Lawrence is closer to Luck and Elway than Stafford from a prospect standpoint.  He has more leverage than Stafford because he can make the Jets look even more ridiculous with the entire sports world watching.  

The narrative will be " Lawrence is smart to avoid the Jets, not selfish and ungrateful." 

It will also be "Haha! the Jets are a disgrace and don't deserve him."

Nothing aggravates billionaires more than to be hit in the wallet, and  to be humiliated.  Lawrence could accomplish both.  Lawrence might be a good-natured kid, but balking at the Jets will make the Johnson look like fools whether he intended to or not.

There are many reasons why Lawrence has so much leverage...

11 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Well this was nice to hear. Realistically, I'm not sure what else he is supposed to say in that situation. For argument sake, say that he IS completely dead set against going to the jets. In his mind there is no way he will sign a contract with NY. What is he supposed to say to that question. I dont think at this stage, this far from the draft and before the offseason even starts he would tell the media that "Hell no I'm not playing for the Jets. Adam Gase is intellectually disabled and everyone knows he's into some voodoo sh*t with those eyes". 

So I don't think this makes it 100% definite that he would play for the Jets but I've felt all along that the chances of him pulling a Manning were very slim to begin with. So I am definitely happy to hear this and if anything hopefully the media will chill out with the whole "he can never play for the Jets, Adam Gase does voodoo" narrative. 

He could’ve said something like “I’m going to do what’s best for me and my family” Bla bla bla

Instead he said “I’m up for whatever challenge is presented my way” 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

I agree with your thought process...but, it's a decent sign all around.

**** it.

let's roll with it.

Absolutely. Like I said, I've always felt like him snubbing the Jets was unlikely so this is great to hear and makes it extremely unlikely thats a possibility 

Honestly, I want to see a QB excited for the challenge of turning around a team. If a QB is scared to play for a team that sucks right now, I think that says a lot about their make up. I want the QB that is jumping at the chance to be able to say "I turned THAT team around!.. That's how good I am. I was the best in high school. I was the best in college and now I'm so good that Adam Gase voodoo cant touch me and I'm even turning the God damn Jets into a winner! Anyone can go to Andy Reid and the Chiefs an be a success. I'm winning on the f*cking NY Jets"

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Unless an agent gets in his ear this basically confirms that assuming he does leave school, which sounds likely, he will go to whoever drafts him.

Good news for the Jets. Now we just need to lose out or pray Jacksonville wins another game.

Trevor staying in school another year would be a crazy risk.  He could tear an ACL or have some other injury that drops his draft stock bigly and he would lose millions

Only way the Jets can screw this up is beating the crappy patriots week 17 and/or keeping Gase as head coach

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Baeton Manning said:

He's a much better talker than I expected? He'll be great with the media if he goes here and the whole thing isn't a disaster.

Watching this video reminded me of times in the past when I've had to hire people for jobs and candidates came in and had a great interview.

Trevor is a really intelligent, charismatic guy.  

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

There would be a valuable lesson learned if he decides to stay in school.......for the folks who have invested in failure instead of winning.

You might get all you wanted (0-16, worst team in NFL history, a place in the Hall of Shame sports media will flog for decades to come) and still get nothing to show for it.   

Gase fired? That would be enough for me 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Why would an agent get in his ear to keep him in school? That means they don't make any money for another year.

Not keep him in school. 

Try and orchestrate a trade like some people have speculated he could do. It doesn't sound like he's interested in trying to pull an Eli Manning though.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Trevor staying in school another year would be a crazy risk.  He could tear an ACL or have some other injury that drops his draft stock bigly and he would lose millions

Only way the Jets can screw this up is beating the crappy patriots week 17 and/or keeping Gase as head coach

Agreed. I don't see him staying in school. 

My fear is Jags lose out and Jets win a game against New England or Jets do something stupid with the Head Coach decision and Trevor decides to try and force his way to another team.

But it doesn't sound like Trevor has any interest in doing what Eli did. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, King P said:

Of course he'd come, people are stupid to think he would avoid the Jets.

Mind you, if we go winless we'd be the 3rd team ever to go 0-16.

Did Matthew Stafford avoid the 0-16 Lions?

Did Baker Mayfield avoid the 0-16 Browns?

So why did people think TL and the Jets would play out any different?

Easy.....Adam Gase!

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Agreed. I don't see him staying in school. 

My fear is Jags lose out and Jets win a game against New England or Jets do something stupid with the Head Coach decision and Trevor decides to try and force his way to another team.

But it doesn't sound like Trevor has any interest in doing what Eli did. 

Definitely cannot rule out an Eli/Elway situation.  As optimistic as everyone based on this video I could see it in Trevor's face he was not exactly happy about coming here even if he knew the right things to say about it.

If that happens, JD better be strong and say "tough S kid, you are playing for us and going to become the biggest star in the biggest media market in North America"

• Upvote 1

I hate all this talk about Trevor. Please just let the season play out. We don’t know what will happen. Pats could easily block us and we all know as Jets fans that could be our reality. Or we could get the 1st pick and grab DL. Just rather we talk about this when the season is over

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Definitely cannot rule out an Eli/Elway situation.  As optimistic as everyone based on this video I could see it in Trevor's face he was not exactly happy about coming here even if he knew the right things to say about it.

If that happens, JD better be strong and say "tough S kid, you are playing for us and going to become the biggest star in the biggest media market in North America"

And point out the Namath still gets TV commercials to this day.

If you bring success to this city it will never forget.

Jacksonville has what again?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

So he confirmed 2 things in this video, he’s leaving school and he’ll go to whoever drafts him. Jets just need to lose these last 3 games and we got ourselves generational prospect 

I'm not going to pretend to know for sure if is "generational" or not, but you are absolutely correct. 

There is no longer a reasonable argument for wanting the Jets to win a game. 

• Sympathy 1

I didnt necessarily take this as he's ready to come to the Jets.  More so sounded like he just realizes now matter what, he's going to a bad team because that's how this works and he's ready for that challenge.  Leaving the door open to return and referencing a player who had 2 senior nights was concerning, Idk, maybe it's the Jets fan in me but I'll admit, sounded like he was giving himself and out. 

That said, if I were a betting man, I'd bet that Trevor Lawrence is the future QB of the NY Jets.

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

There would be a valuable lesson learned if he decides to stay in school.......for the folks who have invested in failure instead of winning.

You might get all you wanted (0-16, worst team in NFL history, a place in the Hall of Shame sports media will flog for decades to come) and still get nothing to show for it.   

Or...

We'll become rewarded (for thinking about the long-term future of our favorite team ala playing chess not checkers) while watching JD go onto draft the highest rated blue chip QB prospect to ever come out since dating back to John Elway and Peyton Manning in Trevor Lawrence; and if Trevor Lawrence lives up to his promise and becomes a Franchise QB in order to build a real team around? Fans such as myself (and thousands of others) will always and forever be able to ?? at fans such as yourself who wanted to experience and witness (yet) another meaningless 1-15, 2-14, 3-13 and/or 4-12 type of season...

And give me a break about that worst team in history horse crap because not only did the TB Buccaneers of 1976 go winless but they carried it over into 1977 starting off 0-12 and combining for 26 consecutive loses in a row. 

And not even that could prevent them from later on winning themselves an NFL Super Bowl. 

And yeah. Right. I'm pretty sure that Tom Brady and Gronk wanted to avoid TB like the black plague all because of "0-26". 

PS: My family moved from Queens to Tampa Bay (St. Petersburg) when I was a Freshman in High School of 1999 and never once have I been around my friends or randomly shooting a game of pool @ a sports bar and overheard a group of Buccaneer fans gossiping about an "0-26" Franchise embarrassment and why? Because those types of conversations doesn't happen down here and why? Because they couldn't care less enough to even remember as fans let alone talk about it. 

They're too busy bragging about their SB with Gruden over Oakland ?

When you think of 1996 Jets of 1-15? You think about Rich Kotite and once we draft Trevor Lawrence that 0-16 immediately becomes a thing of the past; and it's Adam Gase who will always and forever own that record (moving forward in life). 

PS: I'd much rather go 0-16 for one season when in comparison to Buffalo who've now gone 25 years without a single playoff win, wouldn't you? 

But yeah. Good luck to you on rooting for wins against the Rams, Browns and Patriots and I hope you enjoy yourself along with your "winning" mentality while doing so too ??

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Think all knew this.  

No one will flog anyone for decades, no one is talking about the Browns or the Lions for that matter.  No one cares about these numbers other than fans