Covid vaccines

bealeb319

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I've had a brutal, pounding headache all day. Been puking my brains out and my entire freaking body is sore. I'd like to just die. I didn't get the vaccine, just had too much to drink last night.

I was like,” oh know I got the...” oh yeah, wheww!!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

I have spoken to a few people I trust, one is a Doctor and the other runs Clinical drug trials. I got the same answer from both. They feel both options are safe and will take whatever one they are offered first.

Sign me up.

I was hoping for chewables. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Always going to have that. It says 5 people that’s not awful and all medications come with some risk of allergic reactions. All the drug commercials always end with,” Don’t take drug B if you are allergic to drug B.” If people don’t know what they are allergic to they should go see a Dr abs fine out. I found out years ago I’m severely allergic to portion control. So that’s why I avoid that shit.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Received mine last week, without issues other than typical sore deltoid from any intramuscular shot (asked for it in the glute, but was denied. Le sigh). Will update in two and a half weeks when I receive the second dose. 

Just a couple of facts:  we don't know the long terms effects of the vaccine, true. However, we also don't know the long-term effects of the virus (e.g. pulmonary fibrosis, hypercoagulability etc.) but we do know the short- and moderate-term effects of the virus include death (1 out of every 1000 Americans has died since March) and multi-system organ failure. We have patients recover and return to clinic months later, and they still have lasting deleterious effects. I won't tell anyone what to do, but I will say that I have told my elderly Mother and family (including younger cousins who have had the virus) to all get it the moment that they can. Regardless, I hope everyone here stays safe and has a happy holidays. 

For reference:  ran a COVID ICU for two months in NYC in the hardest hit health-system in the country for COVID. We are seeing a resurgence that is going to be eerily similar to the Spring. The people who are filling our ICUs currently: 50s, without known comorbidities, other than being overweight (sound familiar to anyone on these boards....). Even if they recover and make it out of the hospital, it will be weeks to months in a rehab facility with a tracheostomy and feeding tube and probably a full year to functional recovery. Again, vaccine or not, I hope everyone here stays safe and smart.

50’s and fat? Nope, don’t know anyone like that. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Had you in mind typing that my man, stay safe! Unfortunately, the sexiness doesn't offer any protective traits. 

I appreciate that brother. At the same time you wut? Dem fighting words! You too, be well and thanks for all you do for  everyone. Bless you. 

45 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

What's your firsthand experience so far with antibodies? is the three-month thing legit? The reason I ask is because I'm on day nine and I would like to know if starting Tuesday I can go around licking telephone polls and sh*t until March. 

You might be the brightest of the Darwin Award recipients yet.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Good news-  was persistent and am scheduled at the mega site for my first vaccination on Feb 4.  

At MetLife Stadium.  PSL Gold indeed. 

SAR I

Good luck say hi to Mr. Saleh for me if you  see him. 

14 hours ago, Larz said:

Daughter got her 2nd shot of the moderna vaccine yesterday. One of her classmates did it and missed her deltoid almost completely. Thanks kid, her injection site pain is pretty bad 

102 fever last night and serious chills 

average headache but she’s been taking excedrine since before the injection. Fingers crossed 

Hope she feels better soon brother. Let us know. Prayers being sent. 

• Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Got round two yesterday.  It’s kicking my butt a bit.  Mild fever, nausea, headache, and same arm pain overnight.

What one did you get, if I may?

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Moderna.  My wife got Pfizer, and she was fine after 2.  But, small sample size.

I’m not worried.  Just worn out.  I’m sure I’ll be good within 48, at worst.

I'm trying to decide to take one or two days off after the shot. I'm pretty comfortable with the 1 day after the first one but not sure about the second one. I'm lined up for Pfizer, but they are starting to talk about shortages so not sure. 

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Felt better by noon yesterday and pretty much 100% this morning.  Very quick.

Good to hear. My date just got pushed back indefinitely because they ran out. 

16 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

That's unfortunate.  If you have your registration paperwork, I'd think about going to the site, and just playing dumb.  Maybe they'll need a body.

Different in Virginia. They won’t let you in until they call you from your car. It’s fine though, I only see patients five days a week. Sure others need it more. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

There has been some confusion the last few weeks as WHO announced they didn't recommend it for pregnancies, but the primary reason was due to a lack of enough pregnant women in initial trials (they did not deliberately include any, which is standard practice with vaccine testing), so it's more them just covering their bases. That said pregnant and breastfeeding healthcare workers have been getting vaccinated at high rates since the rollout with no reports of complications. Our doctors recommended it because the risk of Covid during a pregnancy is obviously higher. I am not sure we would have done before at least 4-5 weeks due to the problems that a possible fever from the shot can bring on, but the risk of fever is higher with Covid than with the vaccine. In hindsight we clearly made the right decision and I'm glad her doctors steered her this way. Some OB's are being a little more hesitant for liability reasons, which I get, but she's a healthcare worker and we also live in a hot zone.

That’s kinda what I’ve heard.  Her husband is essential employee of State department he got his first 5 days before Thanksgiving. Baby is due in July and I imagine they are leaning that way. Mostly for same reason I got  vaccinated, whatever unknowns come with the vaccination they don’t outweigh the knowns of the virus.  Appreciate you, good luck and God bless to your growing family. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm not a MD at all so 100% don't make decisions based on me, but based on our experiences, talks, and all the reading we did, concerns with getting it in the 2nd and 3rd trimester are, based on what we learned in our own little bubble, almost non-existent with respect to putting the pregnancy at risk. The concern with the vaccine and pregnancy is the side effect of a fever, and once you're past 8-10 weeks and especially after 14 weeks that concern goes down so significantly that weighing it against the problems for the pregnancy that can come with Covid make it a no-brainer. We have friends (fellow healthcare workers) in all stages of pregnancy right now that have been vaccinated and not one has had a problem. The day after the second shot she was pretty KO'd but that seems to be the case for plenty of people and it didn't have any effect on the pregnancy.

Honestly it’s not my decision at all. They will decide together. I decided for the fat and over fifty guy who wears my shoes everyday. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

So I’m on Day 5 since the vaccine and today I have some nausea and I’m feeling very run down. Anyone else have side effects kick in 5 days after the injection?  I thought the 2 day sore arm was going to be it for me.

SAR I

5 days later? Damn dude. Hope you feel better soon. Just got first  one Saturday. You guys are kind of freaking me out. 

On 2/9/2021 at 10:46 PM, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I got the moderna first dose on Saturday and mostly just got the sore arm side effect that has gone away today. Felt like someone wailed on my arm, but seriously, i can’t wait for a second dose and to finally feel like I don’t have to worry as much about dying from this thing. I plan on being careful because we still don’t know if we can transmit to others, but it’s a serious psychological booster. 

I would die if I lost my ability to taste. 

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Registered on the NJ State website weeks ago haven't heard a word since. Not spending countless hours on the phone or chasing the vaccine all over N.J once you register that should be it and not be allowed to just freelance. There is no order or no rules its a big mess. I have word into my family physician I want the J&J vaccination when he gets it and his office says he will. 

OMG just get the damn shot joe, as soon as you can and just be safe 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Where?  I registered weeks ago, I have heard nothing. Its a cluster ****!

ASAP, that is all. It’s worth your time to keep trying. 

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@The Crusher  I registered like I was told to do. 

I followed the rules. 

I had an opportunity a 3 day window to get to the front of the line at the local community college being a first responder.

I was awaiting word from my neurosurgeon about medicine I was taking and my plans to get some pain management shots and if there would be any effects with the vaccination. 

The 3 days expired so I'm on the waiting list. 

My neighbors just drove 40 miles to get vaccinated at a CVS. 

Not going to be me. 

Just get vaccinated Joe. Be safe. 

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

When they notify me to go I will decide my options. I want the 1 shot J&J vaccination given by my Dr in his office. 

Not in some parking lot or at a CVS in some town I've never heard of. 

Thanks 

OMG Joe, man up, roll up your sleeve and just get the damn shot Joe. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Wifes arm is fine. My arm is a bit sore. Thinking of filing a lawsuit againstbpfizer now lol

Might want to sue Jergerns hand lotion instead. 

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

ooooookkkkay.

so why and how did you get the shot? I dont read you as 65+ but who knows

Being a Jet fan likely qualifies as a long term degenerative condition. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

3 years 36K miles, friend.  Eat my lease.

SAR I

Leasing repetitively for decades ensures that not only are you always covered under factory warranty but you are also in a brand new car just as you're starting to get bored.  Two of my BMW's are leased 18 months apart, and it takes 3 months to preorder and have one built to my specifications in Germany, meaning that every 1.5 years I'm starting the build process and configuring a brand new car.

Can you create a BMW is delicious thread in the lounge please. Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, BP said:

That only lasts for 6 months. I like to travel, and I can see 6-9 months down the road you won’t be able to do sh*t without being vaccinated. And it ****ed my taste up for a month and it took 3 months to smell my coffee again.

Hey, is that some kind of captain America shield on your avatar? :rl:  

That taste thing ain’t funny. Take it back right now BP. 

Just now, Maxman said:

Yes, there are definitely people who got it twice. It is all brand new it is going to be interesting in three years when they look back with facts that were missed along the way.

Let’s just hope it’s less severe the second time people get it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BP said:

Dude, Mr, Crusher. I want to thank you for wearing a mask over your avatar to try and keep all posters safe. But it’s blocking a great gif of the crusher!! Can you ask @Maxman about getting a see through mask for your avatar?

thanks in advance,

BP

Um Bill? That's not a mask, that's a fat fold. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, jetophile said:

I should've been more specific. I'll do so later when I can. A big part of the problem as it appears to me is staying away from those most susceptible is where other people get sloppy. Why? "I'm not sick . . . " That's when people should stop talking, because it's not all about them, it's who they are in contact with who they are then later in contact with. My biggest complaint is the supermarket (I've mentioned that before). People don't social distance in the aisles at all to speak of, they shop like before: on top of each other. That, and how many times have different people touched the same freezer handle, the same can of beans, etc. It's not that social distancing doesn't work, it's just that it's impossible for it to be 100% enforceable when no-one is looking and sometimes even when they are.

I still stand by my choice not to get vaccinated in the immediate future/at the current time. That doesn't mean I don't care about others around me. It just means I am waiting on more information on a personal level and I am extremely mindful about everyone around me to a fault. This isn't some tard delusional anti-vaxxer stance. I believe in vaccinations and saving lives, otherwise I wouldn't be donating my Covalescent Plasma like gangbusters. When the DOH says it is required by law because I could harm or kill someone if I don't, I will do it in a heartbeat. The funny part of all if this is that in some ways I'm an anti-social mfer and I hate human race for the most part, a race of which I am unfortunately a member.

The information is in flux all the time. Some of it is indisputable, some of it isn't. The moral of the story is to err on the side of caution on everything COVID, but I don't feel compelled to try to jump in line to be vaccinated when I'm low risk and other people are not. Choosing to wait isn't a failure of my civic and moral duty as things currently stand.

That’s a very fair and reasonable response. My fat, fifty and high blood pressure having ass is getting his second shot Saturday at 1230. Woooohoooo, it’s buffet time bitches!!

On 2/24/2021 at 1:50 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

First Pfizer shot scheduled for Friday. I am thoroughly looking forward to my new nanotech enabling me to subconsciously communicate with our feudal overlords. 

Make sure if your communication last longer than  8 hours you call your physician 

• Upvote 1

On 2/24/2021 at 10:36 PM, SAR I said:

Happy to assist.  My understanding is that today there was a computer glitch that caused a backup.  Fingers crossed for tomorrow as I get my second shot.  If you park next to a BMW convertible, be careful opening your doors, thanks.

SAR I

Me too! Get my second at 1230. Good luck