Covid vaccines

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why would  I lie. 

I registered her initially on State website and with the County. 

I have tried Walmart,Wal-Greens,CVS,Shop-Rite to no avail. 

I am looking for the J&J vaccination as her Dr recommended that one. 

I thanked you for the information and the help, explained to you the situation and you still post this nonsense. 

Happy you and your family got vaccinated and are doing well. 

Please don't respond back im not here to argue or debate with anyone over this, 

best of luck to you and your family

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am sure by now everyone is sick about everything covid related but the vaccines just started rolling out. Working in a hospital I hear about alot of people who want more data before getting it (I w

Received mine last week, without issues other than typical sore deltoid from any intramuscular shot (asked for it in the glute, but was denied. Le sigh). Will update in two and a half weeks when I rec

My wife got her second Pfizer shot last week. Knocked her out for a few days with nausea, aches and chills, but no fever which is all we were concerned about considering she's pregnant. First ultrasou

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, talisaynon said:

https://www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/covid-qualifier

07920 appointments available 2 minutes ago

We are sorry!

At this time we do not have any available appointments for you or you are not in a state serviced by Rite Aid. Appointment availability changes frequently, please check back again soon. 

Want to learn more about COVID-19 vaccine administration?

2 hours ago, talisaynon said:

https://www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/covid-qualifier

07920 appointments available 2 minutes ago

from what i hear the J&J vaccine only really started getting distributed.  i heard the next few weeks are going to be significant - and by the end of the month they will have distributed 15mm doses.   that's 5% of the adult population.  

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

from what i hear the J&J vaccine only really started getting distributed.  i heard the next few weeks are going to be significant - and by the end of the month they will have distributed 15mm doses.   that's 5% of the adult population.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-vaccine-production-starting-surge-n1261343

you can see that they have a weekly number of doses in a table.  J&J really only made one shipment in end of feb/early march.  but the plan was for 15mm doses so in the last two weeks of march we should get over 10mm J&J doses for the country.

so for some people who are waiting for a one shot solution (like my uncle and aunt) the next few weeks will be hopefully when they get them.

• Upvote 1

I can register as of today in Connecticut. All appointments, however, are booked. 

I would guess it will be a good month before it happens 

On 3/19/2021 at 5:23 PM, batman10023 said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-vaccine-production-starting-surge-n1261343

you can see that they have a weekly number of doses in a table.  J&J really only made one shipment in end of feb/early march.  but the plan was for 15mm doses so in the last two weeks of march we should get over 10mm J&J doses for the country.

so for some people who are waiting for a one shot solution (like my uncle and aunt) the next few weeks will be hopefully when they get them.

Yeah the J&J shot is a game changer in that it immeditately ups the total %.  It requires half the inventory and there is no waiting 3 or 4 weeks for the 2nd shot. 

• Upvote 3

Second Pfizer shot done. Very mild stuff, nothing as bad as the first shot. Props to the CA university systems for how they handled faculty and staff with this, from an administrative standpoint I have never encountered such a smooth process in my life. From registering to the injection, unbelievably easy. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, BP said:

You want me to come and hold your hand?

No.

I think the restraining order clearly explains my feelings on this matter.

• Haha 3

2nd shot complete! I am going to wait my two weeks and then I will be heading into NYC. The last year has been rough but I followed the rules. Once my two weeks are over there are some MTA hand rails I am going to get up close and personal with.  :)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

2nd shot complete! I am going to wait my two weeks and then I will be heading into NYC. The last year has been rough but I followed the rules. Once my two weeks are over there are some MTA hand rails I am going to get up close and personal with.  :)

Be sure to continue to wear 2 masks for another year as Faucci suggests.

19 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Be careful @Maxman

Three fully vaccinated Hawaii residents infected with coronavirus

March 22, 2021 | 11:16am

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Be careful @Maxman

Seriously dude?

You aren't told this is 100% effective when you get it 

Three people though, oh my.

• Upvote 2
49 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Seriously dude?

Just don’t want to see anything happen to you that’s all. 

Krispy Kreme offering free donuts to anyone who shows a vaccination card I think once a day limit. 

22 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Be careful @Maxman

this is great news.  almost 200k Hawaiians have been fully vaccinated - and only 3 have been infected with COVID.   Now, obviously there will be a few others that aren't counted here which would make this number go up a bit.  offsetting this - it's not clear when these people were infected relative to their vaccine date (it takes a few weeks to fully work).  but another positive point is that none became extremely sick or died.

but overall this is great.  hope other states have similar results

thanks for sharing some positive news about the virus/vaccine!

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Seriously dude?

i took this as a positive post..

i don't think the vaccine as good as this data but i hope it is. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

i took this as a positive post..

i don't think the vaccine as good as this data but i hope it is. 

Yeah I wasn't sure how to take it. To me it is super positive that there are so few infections after vaccination. But he followed it up with a Krispy Kreme donut joke so I took it as a F U Max lol.

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah I wasn't sure how to take it. To me it is super positive that there are so few infections after vaccination. But he followed it up with a Krispy Kreme donut joke so I took it as a F U Max lol.

Both positive. 

The Hawaii incidents were meant to be a still be careful post. 

The Krispy Kreme donut was a perk I saw advertised for those with a vaccination card figured why not who doesn't want free stuff. 

I'm still waiting for my free JetNation  t-shirt XXL. :D

All good Covid is nothing to joke about. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Both positive. 

The Hawaii incidents were meant to be a still be careful post. 

The Krispy Kreme donut was a perk I saw advertised for those with a vaccination card figured why not who doesn't want free stuff. 

I'm still waiting for my free JetNation  t-shirt XXL. :D

All good Covid is nothing to joke about. 

Oh my bad, I thought you were busting me. Sorry about that, I definitely misread it.  Thanks.

Finally got my 91 year old mom an appointment 2 miles from her home next week. 

It's the Moderna but her Dr said for her to get it. 

The vaccination site is a County Senior Center also offering my son and I vaccinations possibly in 2 weeks we are both first responders. 

I was going to hold out for the J&J and still trying to get that one. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The vaccination site is a County Senior Center also offering my son and I vaccinations possibly in 2 weeks we are both first responders. 

Excellent, JW.  Congrats.  

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Congrats.

Could be some time for j and j.

• Upvote 1

Four out of five here in our house have been fully vaccinated as of today.  Four of us got Pfizer and one Moderna and she has 2 weeks till 2nd dose.  I found that Rite-Aid was the easiest way to get appointments here in NJ.  You have to be willing to click hundreds of times, but it works.  Most Riteaids add appointment slots to the website between 11:30 pm and 12:30 am, but many open up all the time during the day.  Keep checking.  

Staples is offering free lamination of your Covid immunization card as well.  I popped in there with all 4 cards and they laminated them in about 5 minutes.  Pretty cool.  The stupid cards are too big for a wallet and you'll probably need it for certain events.  My wife is an artist and attends workshops and events often and now that these are starting to be scheduled for summer and fall, in-person and live, the participants are required to show full immunization or it's a no-go.    ,

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Four out of five here in our house have been fully vaccinated as of today.  Four of us got Pfizer and one Moderna and she has 2 weeks till 2nd dose.  I found that Rite-Aid was the easiest way to get appointments here in NJ.  You have to be willing to click hundreds of times, but it works.  Most Riteaids add appointment slots to the website between 11:30 pm and 12:30 am, but many open up all the time during the day.  Keep checking.  

Staples is offering free lamination of your Covid immunization card as well.  I popped in there with all 4 cards and they laminated them in about 5 minutes.  Pretty cool.  The stupid cards are too big for a wallet and you'll probably need it for certain events.  My wife is an artist and attends workshops and events often and now that these are starting to be scheduled for summer and fall, in-person and live, the participants are required to show full immunization or it's a no-go.    ,

Great advice, Dcat.  Quick question:  On this site (and others, I guess) are you limited to booking one appointment or can you do multiples?  

19 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Great advice, Dcat.  Quick question:  On this site (and others, I guess) are you limited to booking one appointment or can you do multiples?  

Rite Aid appointment booking is one at a time and their system is archaic. Make sure you check in a wide zip code radius of your home, but you can only check one location at a time... so it is tedious, and incredibly frustrating.   If someone else is booking a slot, it will still tell you the same slot is open and have you go thru the litany of questions only to find out at the end that the slot was just taken.  Then you chose another zip code or pharmacy and try again.  And again. And again.  But I was relentless with this and it gave me the best chance to get appointments compared to all else. My wife and I got appointments in some Podunk town in PA, I forget if it was Hooterville or Pixly, about 25 minutes beyond the Delaware Water Gap.  My sons got appointments near home when they added a couple of additional Rite-Aids to the list one night. 

Also: Rite-Aids seem to all be using Pfizer. At least up till now and Pfizer was the one we preferred.

• Post of the Week 1
11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Rite Aid appointment booking is one at a time and their system is archaic. Make sure you check in a wide zip code radius of your home, but you can only check one location at a time... so it is tedious, and incredibly frustrating.   If someone else is booking a slot, it will still tell you the same slot is open and have you go thru the litany of questions only to find out at the end that the slot was just taken.  Then you chose another zip code or pharmacy and try again.  And again. And again.  But I was relentless with this and it gave me the best chance to get appointments compared to all else. My wife and I got appointments in some Podunk town in PA, I forget if it was Hooterville or Pixly, about 25 minutes beyond the Delaware Water Gap.  My sons got appointments near home when they added a couple of additional Rite-Aids to the list one night. 

Also: Rite-Aids seem to all be using Pfizer. At least up till now and Pfizer was the one we preferred.

Thanks so much for your thoughtful response and great advice.  Cheers, dude.  Congrats to you and your wife on booking the appts. Can't believe you had to travel all that distance.

Got mine last week. Got the J&J from the Stop & Shop in Long Beach. In and out in about 15 minutes.

I had super mild symptoms (tired, dehydrated), and they lasted about two days.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2