Jump to content

Covid vaccines


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

So you're looking at around 4/19, for the 2nd shot, right?  I'll be getting mine a few days later.  Let us know how it goes.

I got the Pfizer as well. Make sure you drink lots of water before getting the shot and after. Take acetaminophen (Tylenol) if you start to feel flu like symptoms. Drink some green tea when you get home after your 2nd shot. Then go get some free stuff in your area with your Coronavirus Vaccine Card.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am sure by now everyone is sick about everything covid related but the vaccines just started rolling out. Working in a hospital I hear about alot of people who want more data before getting it (I w

Received mine last week, without issues other than typical sore deltoid from any intramuscular shot (asked for it in the glute, but was denied. Le sigh). Will update in two and a half weeks when I rec

My wife got her second Pfizer shot last week. Knocked her out for a few days with nausea, aches and chills, but no fever which is all we were concerned about considering she's pregnant. First ultrasou

Posted Images

14 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

So you're looking at around 4/19, for the 2nd shot, right?  I'll be getting mine a few days later.  Let us know how it goes.

If you don't hear from me for a few days after, it's because my fiance killed me.  Alert the authorities.  

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, playtowinthegame said:

I got the Pfizer as well. Make sure you drink lots of water before getting the shot and after. Take acetaminophen (Tylenol) if you start to feel flu like symptoms. Drink some green tea when you get home after your 2nd shot. 

I think Chianti works just as well.  

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I received the Pfizer vaccine.  Have a family member who can get the J&J shot but is questioning that efficacy is lower than the other vaccines. Is debating whether to wait for the Pfizer or Moderna.  I recommended getting the J&J or anything that's available.  Thoughts on this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I received the Pfizer vaccine.  Have a family member who can get the J&J shot but is questioning that efficacy is lower than the other vaccines. Is debating whether to wait for the Pfizer or Moderna.  I recommended getting the J&J or anything that's available.  Thoughts on this?

I was holding out for the J&J to no avail. I have an appointment at 8:50am tomorrow morning April 6 for the Moderna. 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooo I got my Pfizer shot on 3/29 and a few days ago I started to get an inflamed lymph node in my neck.  Likely related (there is some studies on it) but will probably get it checked out if it doesn't subside in a few more days.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

NJ just lowered the age to 16+ effective 4/19 so my wife (younger) finally qualifies.

Question:  Can I register her somewhere now to get her an appointment on the 19th or do I have to wait until the 19th to get an appointment?

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SAR I said:

NJ just lowered the age to 16+ effective 4/19 so my wife (younger) finally qualifies.

Question:  Can I register her somewhere now to get her an appointment on the 19th or do I have to wait until the 19th to get an appointment?

SAR I

Depends on the site . Give it a try . It can't hurt .

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Maxman  my daughter lives in the Long Branch/Eatontown area any tips or suggestions where she can get a vaccine. 

I know you mentioned something about your daughter helping others maybe she can offer some tips so my daughter can get vaccinated. 

Thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2021 at 2:27 PM, SAR I said:

NJ just lowered the age to 16+ effective 4/19 so my wife (younger) finally qualifies.

Question:  Can I register her somewhere now to get her an appointment on the 19th or do I have to wait until the 19th to get an appointment?

SAR I

Hands down the best "I married a younger woman" flex I've ever seen.

Bravo, sir.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got 2nd Moderna shot yesterday.  Closing in on 24 hours since the shot and feel right as rain outside of a sore arm.

For those who got fevers/chills/aches etc, about how long after your shot did it start? 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2021 at 11:28 AM, munchmemory said:

I received the Pfizer vaccine.  Have a family member who can get the J&J shot but is questioning that efficacy is lower than the other vaccines. Is debating whether to wait for the Pfizer or Moderna.  I recommended getting the J&J or anything that's available.  Thoughts on this?

I got the Pfizer this week.  Had to drive about an hour to get it done.  I could have gotten the J&J a lot closer to home, but decided it was worth the drive to get the one that is more effective.  I know most MDs recommend getting whichever one you can, but seems to me that if you have the option, try to get the one of theones that is more effective.  Just my two cents.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2021 at 6:08 PM, joewilly12 said:

@Maxman  my daughter lives in the Long Branch/Eatontown area any tips or suggestions where she can get a vaccine. 

I know you mentioned something about your daughter helping others maybe she can offer some tips so my daughter can get vaccinated. 

Thanks 

Hey I saw this last week but was away in the RV and had terrible wifi where we were.

My kids have helped a ton of people. I asked about this and they said CVS in Freehold is probably the best bet. Their suggestion was follow the twitter account, basically setup real time alerts any time they tweet. Here is an example:  

There are other tips, they always view appointments through another state first, that let's you fill out all the field info. Then you switch over to NJ and when the appointments drop you are all filled out. Makes it faster.

Honestly though, if she needs help and you are comfortable with it just send me a message and I can have them sign her up. They have been getting most people done in a day or two.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Maxman

THANK YOU  

I called my wife to look at your post and she informed me just now  my daughter got the vaccination last night at 5pm at Walgreens  in Long Branch N.J 

I hope others can use your information. 

joewilly12 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

@Maxman

THANK YOU  

I called my wife to look at your post and she informed me just now  my daughter got the vaccination last night at 5pm at Walgreens  in Long Branch N.J 

I hope others can use your information. 

joewilly12 

Great news!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2021 at 12:28 PM, munchmemory said:

I received the Pfizer vaccine.  Have a family member who can get the J&J shot but is questioning that efficacy is lower than the other vaccines. Is debating whether to wait for the Pfizer or Moderna.  I recommended getting the J&J or anything that's available.  Thoughts on this?

Sorry late to the party on this one. Don’t usually venture into the lounge. I definitely think the other two have more effectiveness based off the available literature. Then again it’s about a 25% gap between vaccines as opposed to 70% between JJ vs nothing. I suppose it depends on how cautious that family member is and what they get exposed too. If they can wait and not deal with much exposure it might make sense. If they are regularly working with large groups of people that delta of 70 might be the better bet. I’m an MD anesthesiologist if that makes a difference. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...