Covid vaccines

7 hours ago, Larz said:

Got the shot yesterday. National guard run clinic. Amazing operation. Pfizer.

Tired today with a tiny fever. You won’t be fully vaccinated for another 2 weeks. Most of CT is opening in 2 weeks but it’s going to be interesting to see if the unvaccinated becomes a second class 

I just woke up and Jeebus I am tired and my arm is very sore.   The first shot was a bit the same, sore arm for 3 days.   

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am sure by now everyone is sick about everything covid related but the vaccines just started rolling out. Working in a hospital I hear about alot of people who want more data before getting it (I w

Received mine last week, without issues other than typical sore deltoid from any intramuscular shot (asked for it in the glute, but was denied. Le sigh). Will update in two and a half weeks when I rec

Posted Images

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I just woke up and Jeebus I am tired and my arm is very sore.   The first shot was a bit the same, sore arm for 3 days.   

I had a delayed reaction, like 30 hours. That’s cool though, something’s happening lol

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Larz said:

I had a delayed reaction, like 30 hours. That’s cool though, something’s happening lol

I didn't go to the gym but I went to the golf club to hit some balls and couldn't even grip the club.  So.. basically, today is a rest day.

• 4 months later...

Just got the Pfizer booster 8 hours ago and the arm pain is the same as it was the other two times, even ice barely helps, and the overall feeling of fatigue and muscle ache is there too but at a slightly lesser level.

Just letting those who are going to get boosted know what they're in for.

SAR I

EDIT:  I spoke too soon. The booster kicked my ass just as hard as the double dose did. 48 hours, uncomfortable, eventually gives way.

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

Just got the Pfizer booster 8 hours ago and the arm pain is the same as it was the other two times, even ice barely helps, and the overall feeling of fatigue and muscle ache is there too but at a slightly lesser level.

SAR I

No thanks not interested. 

Who can get a Pfizer COVID-19 booster shot?

individuals 65 years of age and older; individuals 18 through 64 years of age at high risk of severe COVID-19; and. individuals 18 through 64 years of age whose frequent institutional or occupational exposure to SARS-CoV-2 puts them at high risk of serious complications of COVID-19 including severe COVID-19.

On 9/27/2021 at 10:26 PM, SAR I said:

SAR I

Pelham Hero.gif GIF by Streamlabs | Gfycat

• Post of the Week 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Let’s not start putting our own personal views on the subject in this thread. It’s mostly for information. Not personal opinions. We have an entire club for that. 

That being said, I find it weird I can’t go to my Dr. Office to get a booster, the lovely lady nurse said they are not sanctioned to give the shot. Go to Wal Mart Pharmacy, Wahlgrens Pharmacy or coming soon the 7-11 down the street! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I took the J&J vaccine as it was the one offered back in April.   A booster has been approved (second J&J,) but I would rather get an mRNA vaccine, specifically Moderna.  Supposedly, the immune response is better when combining them.  I'm about to ask various medical people for their recommendations.  Any experts out here around for some additional advice?

Not a medical expert, but I've been doing a lot of reading.  I got the J&J vaccine specifically because I am allergic to Poly Ethylene Glycol, (PEG), which is in the other two.  Found out later it was large amounts of PEG, such as the amount in a pre-colonoscopy preparation, but still would choose to avoid it.

I prefer the J&J vaccine also because it uses a virus that has been used in other vaccines  for a long time, and used in laboratories for 40 or 50 years.  The Mrna vaccines are brand new, and I am skittish.  Also, I am not scared off by the lower Efficacy rating of the J&J, because the Efficacy rating is determined by giving the vaccine to one group and a placebo to a control group of similar size, then seeing how many people caught the virus.  Well, the J&J was tested a couple of months after the others when the infections and deaths were at a rate 3X higher than during the period the Pfizer and Moderna were tested, so that's why they have a lower Efficacy rating.

That's why I've decided that for myself, I will take the J&J second shot when it soon becomes available.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

Not a medical expert, but I've been doing a lot of reading.  I got the J&J vaccine specifically because I am allergic to Poly Ethylene Glycol, (PEG), which is in the other two.  Found out later it was large amounts of PEG, such as the amount in a pre-colonoscopy preparation, but still would choose to avoid it.

I prefer the J&J vaccine also because it uses a virus that has been used in other vaccines  for a long time, and used in laboratories for 40 or 50 years.  The Mrna vaccines are brand new, and I am skittish.  Also, I am not scared off by the lower Efficacy rating of the J&J, because the Efficacy rating is determined by giving the vaccine to one group and a placebo to a control group of similar size, then seeing how many people caught the virus.  Well, the J&J was tested a couple of months after the others when the infections and deaths were at a rate 3X higher than during the period the Pfizer and Moderna were tested, so that's why they have a lower Efficacy rating.

That's why I've decided that for myself, I will take the J&J second shot when it soon becomes available.

Great post.  Thanks very much for your thoughts and insight.

I didn't react negatively at all to the J&J vaccine.   But what's nagging at me is the potential forits connection to serious blood clots, thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome.   If you did not experience this after the first shot, is it possible to get it with the second?

9 hours ago, munchmemory said:

But what's nagging at me is the potential forits connection to serious blood clots, thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome.   If you did not experience this after the first shot, is it possible to get it with the second?

Don't know but I believe all the people with the clot reaction were women.  And there were only five or so.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, kelticwizard said:

Don't know but I believe all the people with the clot reaction were women.  And there were only five or so.

Yeah, I know the clotting issue is rare and mainly in women.   Just attempting to get as much information as possible before deciding which booster vaccine to take.  

Right now, everything I've read supports a Moderna booster after J&J.   Seems like the immune response after a J&J initial shot is super boosted Moderna.

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your experience and information.  

• Upvote 1

I just got pfizer #3. Just a typical sore arm.

Not sure why u guys are so hesitant or concerned. Half the people in the world got it and almost nobody had any issues. Its probably the safest thing in the world right now. Plus it works

• Haha 1
On 10/20/2021 at 5:38 PM, munchmemory said:

Yeah, I know the clotting issue is rare and mainly in women.   Just attempting to get as much information as possible before deciding which booster vaccine to take.  

Right now, everything I've read supports a Moderna booster after J&J.   Seems like the immune response after a J&J initial shot is super boosted Moderna.

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your experience and information.  

Only five or so. LMAO

https://vaers.hhs.gov/index.html

On 10/24/2021 at 6:49 PM, RobR said:

Only five or so. LMAO

https://vaers.hhs.gov/index.html

Your link doesn't give information.  FWIW, I believe it was five or so fatal clots.  New information has come forth that points in the direction that the Johnson and Johnson shot's immunity against the Delta version of Covid doesn't last longer than a couple of months, however.

So if you can take the Pfizer or Moderna without worries about allergic reaction to Poly Ethylene Glycol, (PEG), by all means do so.

PS:  Anything more to say about the fact that 98% of the Covid patients in the hospital were UNvaccinated?  Or is that not important?

4 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

Your link doesn't give information.  FWIW, I believe it was five or so fatal clots.  New information has come forth that points in the direction that the Johnson and Johnson shot's immunity against Covid doesn't last longer than a couple of months, however.

PS:  Anything more to say about the fat that 98% of the Covid patients in the hospital were UNvaccinated?  Or is that not important?

Trying not to do that here. Keep this thread informational. The club has lots of threads for that. 

On 10/20/2021 at 4:22 PM, kelticwizard said:

I posted a new thread in the clubs. I suggest you and anyone else interested in what is really happening give it a read. It's very long but worth it. @munchmemory 

I'd love to hear your unbiased thoughts after reading it. Not here obviously, but in the clubs.

• Upvote 1

So far, I've had Covid last November, vaccine last March and April (Pfizer) and my booster last Friday. I've been incredibly blessed to not have 1 single symptom from any of it.  

• Upvote 3

I got the Pfizer booster a couple of weeks ago and really had no side effects at all beyond the very slightest of soreness at the injection point, which I'm of course thankful for.  From others I know who also had it, it does seem the boosters have a slightly higher reaction rate for some people than their original doses.  However, it typically seems to be a little more than a 24-hour bug that tends to hit the following day, with some Tylenol and rest doing the trick.  I'm of course happy to have not even dealt with that much, but it was still nice to know before having even gotten it.

It's also great how incredibly easy it is to get doses these days, as while I didn't do a walk-in, I got an appointment at a Walgreens around the corner right away, and it took no time at all when I was there.

• Upvote 3
On 11/2/2021 at 11:09 AM, Bleedin Green said:

I got the Pfizer booster a couple of weeks ago and really had no side effects at all beyond the very slightest of soreness at the injection point, which I'm of course thankful for.  From others I know who also had it, it does seem the boosters have a slightly higher reaction rate for some people than their original doses.  However, it typically seems to be a little more than a 24-hour bug that tends to hit the following day, with some Tylenol and rest doing the trick.  I'm of course happy to have not even dealt with that much, but it was still nice to know before having even gotten it.

It's also great how incredibly easy it is to get doses these days, as while I didn't do a walk-in, I got an appointment at a Walgreens around the corner right away, and it took no time at all when I was there.

glad you are feeling good. Yeah everyone who wants to get the vaccine can. You would think the gov coudl stop forcing it on peopel already.

On 10/20/2021 at 8:28 PM, HighPitch said:

I just got pfizer #3. Just a typical sore arm.

Not sure why u guys are so hesitant or concerned. Half the people in the world got it and almost nobody had any issues. Its probably the safest thing in the world right now. Plus it works

🇺🇸 "freedom" 🇺🇸

:rl:

• Haha 1
On 11/2/2021 at 2:09 PM, Bleedin Green said:

The side effects will be a couple years down the road

Once again this thread is not here to debate or prognosticate the subject of Covid, it’s to just share information about people experience getting vaccinated. Please go to the club and join the Covid debates there. Thank you. 

• Upvote 4
On 11/6/2021 at 12:40 AM, Dcat said:

p.s.  He's[Rodgers'] also a proven liar.  Just another NFL P.O.S.

Is he, though?

When asked, he said he was "immunized".  Thing is, he was "immunized" by an alternative method, one not recognized by the medical experts in the field.  It's more a case of sneaky choice of words than actually lying.

I have a certain amount of sympathy for Rodgers, because I too am allergic to PEG, the ingredients in Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.  At least, I'm allergic to large amounts of it, a I found out when I had a PEG preparation prescribed for me for a colonscopy prep.  Went to the emergency room and stayed for hours in extremely tough shape.  Had to postpone, the colonsocopy, had it later and I was fine.

Rodgers refused to take the Johnson & Johnson vaccine because production was closed down for a couple of weeks, which strikes me as an overreaction.  They re-opened the J&J vaccinations when the issue was fixed.  I got the J&J vaccine then.  However, the latest data says that after 4 months, due to the Delta virus replacing the Alpha virus as the dominant strain, the J&J vaccine is down to 3% effective after 4 months.  Essentially useless.  Check the video by Dr. Campbell, director of emerge4ncy room services at a large UK hospital.  Video starts at 6:00, relevent information through 9:00 :

I have found out that I have eaten some cake slices in which PEG is part of the recipe, but I don't know how much is in there compared to the amount of PEG in the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.  I would like very much to take the booster from Moderna or Pfizer, but I have to assess the risk.  There is a J&J booster i'm eligible for since 2 months after I took the J&J shot, but I don't know if they will allow me to take another J&J booster 2 months after that when the booster runs down quickly just like the original shot does against the Delta strain.

I actually don't mind taking a J&J booster every two months, I used to take allergy shots every 2 weeks, no problem at all.  I just don't know if I will be eligible for a third booster shot after booster shot, aand one two months after that, so far they are only talking about allowing one booster.

This is why even though I am very pro-vaccine, I have some sympathy for Rodgers.  He's allergic to an ingredient in the two most effective shots, and the third shot is of questionable value against the dominant Delta strain.

10 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

Is he, though?

When asked, he said he was "immunized".  Thing is, he was "immunized" by an alternative method, one not recognized by the medical experts in the field.  It's more a case of sneaky choice of words than actually lying.

I have a certain amount of sympathy for Rodgers, because I too am allergic to PEG, the ingredients in Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.  At least, I'm allergic to large amounts of it, a I found out when I had a PEG preparation prescribed for me for a colonscopy prep.  Went to the emergency room and stayed for hours in extremely tough shape.  Had to postpone, the colonsocopy, had it later and I was fine.

Rodgers refused to take the Johnson & Johnson vaccine because production was closed down for a couple of weeks, which strikes me as an overreaction.  They re-opened the J&J vaccinations when the issue was fixed.  I got the J&J vaccine then.  However, the latest data says that after 4 months, due to the Delta virus replacing the Alpha virus as the dominant strain, the J&J vaccine is down to 3% effective after 4 months.  Essentially useless.  Check the video by Dr. Campbell, director of emerge4ncy room services at a large UK hospital.  Video starts at 6:00, relevent information through 9:00 :

I have found out that I have eaten some cake slices in which PEG is part of the recipe, but I don't know how much is in there compared to the amount of PEG in the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.  I would like very much to take the booster from Moderna or Pfizer, but I have to assess the risk.  There is a J&J booster i'm eligible for since 2 months after I took the J&J shot, but I don't know if they will allow me to take another J&J booster 2 months after that when the booster runs down quickly just like the original shot does against the Delta strain.

I actually don't mind taking a J&J booster every two months, I used to take allergy shots every 2 weeks, no problem at all.  I just don't know if I will be eligible for a third booster shot after booster shot, aand one two months after that, so far they are only talking about allowing one booster.

This is why even though I am very pro-vaccine, I have some sympathy for Rodgers.  He's allergic to an ingredient in the two most effective shots, and the third shot is of questionable value against the dominant Delta strain.

nevertheless, he misled his fans (maybe not the team who was fine with the original misinformation).  He is indeed a liar. Intentional deception by a very public figure.  The "sneaky choice of words" you refer to was an intentional deception.  Dickhead got covid anyway.  I wonder if his odds of getting it would have been just a tad less with the more common form of immunization.  The thing is, he has young fans that follow him, may6be adore him.  But that owuld lead to the age old discussion of whether pro athletes have any sort of 'obligation' to their adoring public.  That's for another day.   Rodgers is not honest at heart, notwithstanding his clever word play.  I've spent to much time writing about him.  He doesn't deserve it.   

15 hours ago, Dcat said:

nevertheless, he misled his fans (maybe not the team who was fine with the original misinformation).

He works for the team, and was honest with the team about his allergic condition to the effective vaccines and what he was doing about it.

He is indeed a liar. Intentional deception by a very public figure.  The "sneaky choice of words" you refer to was an intentional deception. 

He didn't tell the public his immunization was alternative, due to his allergy to the only two effective vaccines available.

I wonder if his odds of getting it would have been just a tad less with the more common form of immunization. 

According to the latest study, his chances of not getting Covid by taking the only vaccine he wasn't allergic to were only 3% better than if he took nothing at all.  The naturalistic treatments he took might well have improved his chances beyond that-they couldn't have been much worse. Here's the video with the study again, I have it set to start at the 6 minute make, please look at it for 3 minutes until the 9 minute mark.  All will be explained about the ineffectiveness of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine against Covid after a few months: 

Rodgers is not honest at heart, notwithstanding his clever word play.  I've spent to much time writing about him.  He doesn't deserve it.  

I think  he did his best playing with the hand he was dealt, which was an allergic condition to the only two vaccines effective against the Delta variant.  He told his team about it, applied for the exemption as he was entitled to, and went the naturalistic route because he had to.

As a person who has taken the Johnson & Johnson vaccine specifically because I knew I was allergic to large amounts of PEG, I'm certainly not going to judge Rodgers.  Nor do I think other people should unless they found themselves in his shoes.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

As a person who has taken the Johnson & Johnson vaccine specifically because I knew I was allergic to large amounts of PEG, I'm certainly not going to judge Rodgers.  Nor do I think other people should unless they found themselves in his shoes.

Please get me up to speed here though, I didn't follow this story. Didn't Aaron lie though?

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Please get me up to speed here though, I didn't follow this story. Didn't Aaron lie though?

Yes. Unless you think the definition of words doesn't matter and one can just ignore that dictionaries exist. Then no.

Aaron Rodgers

Anti-vaxxer Aaron Rodgers’ spectacular fall from grace happened in record time

The Green Bay star once vied for the status of the NFL’s most well-liked player. After Friday’s bizarre interview about his vaccine status, it’s safe to assume those days are behind him

To think, Aaron Rodgers could be hosting Jeopardy! right now. Yes, the Green Bay Packers quarterback was at one point one of the leading candidates to host the iconic quiz show. He got rave reviews during his tenure as a guest host, even, becoming a sort of pop-intellectual figure in American life. Well, after Rodgers’ public-relations disaster of an interview on the Pat McAfee Show on Friday, they can consider themselves fortunate that they dodged at least one bullet on their star-crossed quest to replace the late Alex Trebek.

Rodgers – who is currently unavailable to play with his team after testing positive for Covid-19 – went on the SiriusXM program after reports emerged revealing he was, at best, fudging the truth when he previously claimed he was “immunized” rather than fully vaccinated . The good news was that this time around, he was more direct. The bad news, was that he was probably way too honest for his own good.

Rodgers rips ‘woke mob’ and touts Joe Rogan in first remarks since Covid test

It could have gone much easier for all involved. When given a chance to defend himself for not being vaccinated, Rodgers claimed he had “an allergy to an ingredient that’s in the mRNA vaccines”. Had he stuck with this line of defense, he could have deflected some of the criticism that was to come. Sure, after the “immunized” debacle, Rodgers would not have gotten the benefit of the doubt that he would have been given a week earlier, but it would have been far more prudent than the path he did take directly off the rails.

Instead, Rodgers’ interview featured an avalanche of anti-vaxxer buzzwords and all-too-familiar phrases, each one laying bare the hollowness of his disclaimer that he was not “anti-vax”. You’ll never guess it, but Rodgers did his own research with the aid of none other than conspiracy theory-minded podcaster Joe Rogan. He confirmed that his personal “immunization protocol” included ivermectin and then proceeded to rail against (yawn) “the woke mob” and “cancel culture”. He even threw in a Martin Luther King Jr misquote, as if he were trying to pull off the Full Tucker Carlson.

The interview, which inspired nonstop ridicule on social media, threatens to irrevocably hurt the reputation of someone who – just months ago – was one of the most beloved athletes in the country. Since replacing Brett Favre as Green Bay’s starter in 2008, Rodgers quickly became one of the NFL’s most bankable stars. He established himself as one of the most exciting and talented quarterbacks in the game and his charming off-the-field persona had, until recently, translated into a broad appeal that few other athletes could claim.

How broad? A 2020 survey revealed that just 8% of respondents had a negative opinion of Rodgers. That’s quite impressive considering how little fun it is for non-Packers fans to watch the league’s reigning Most Valuable Player dismantle their team’s defenses on a regular basis. He even helped break down the stereotype that athletes couldn’t also be intellectually curious, a fact which ironically could be his undoing if it led him to take his current stance on Covid-19.

Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers has been voted the NFL’s MVP by the Associated Press for the 2011, 2014 and 2020 seasons. Photograph: Mark J Rebilas/USA Today Sports

His reputation will not survive this unscathed. As ESPN’s Mina Kimes points out, Rodgers’ irresponsible comments aren’t just harmless nonsense. Having already put others in danger with his decision, he added to the harm by going on record by spreading misinformation couched in the all-too-familiar language of the nation’s massive anti-vaccination movement. “My body, my choice” breaks down when we’re talking about infectious diseases.

That point is key here. Rodgers isn’t the only NFL quarterback who has publicly pushed treatments of dubious medical value. One of the reasons that Tom Brady now plays for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers is that the New England Patriots didn’t approve of his closeness to controversial “nutrition advisor” Alex Guerrero. Meanwhile, the Seattle Seahawks’ Russell Wilson has been selling his fellow athletes on a type of water that supposedly helps treat concussions (there is no credible medical evidence that it does so).

Aaron Rodgers’ Covid-19 case is a failure of leadership that won’t be forgotten

While both Brady and Wilson received some negative media attention for propping up what we will charitably call “unproven remedies”, they were smart enough to not escalate the bad press as Rodgers has. Also, to state something that should be obvious but clearly isn’t, there’s a difference in magnitude between making wild, untested claims about the benefits of drinking water and spreading proven disinformation during a literal pandemic.

Rodgers isn’t heading towards a full-blown “cancellation”, however much as he seems to be itching for one. Conservative football fans – a not-insignificant portion of the NFL audience – will embrace him as one of their own. He’s already setting himself up for a profitable future in right-wing punditry circles. As his friend Rogan knows, there’s a lot of money to be made in calling out the so-called “woke mobs”.

There will almost certainly be consequences, however. Rodgers might lose a few sponsorships and the NFL – probably more irritated at being criticized than the fact that Rodgers misled the public about his vaccination status – has already launched a media counterattack. The Packers also can’t be happy with any of this, but since Rodgers has already made it clear that he wants out of the organization that might be more of a feature rather than a bug here.

Rodgers’ pocketbook might take something of a hit, but as long as he’s one of the top quarterbacks in the league, he will be fine financially. Where the real damage will come will be in his public standing. Rodgers will never compete for the title of most-liked player in the league again and he has nobody but himself to blame. Not all defeats in the NFL happen on the field.

Screenshot_20211108-000340_Facebook.thum

On 10/20/2021 at 5:19 AM, kelticwizard said:

Recently heard J&J efficacy plummets through the floor after a few months.  All three big ones see drop offs, but J&J is the worst by a mile.

• Upvote 1