Covid vaccines

45 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

What's your firsthand experience so far with antibodies? is the three-month thing legit? The reason I ask is because I'm on day nine and I would like to know if starting Tuesday I can go around licking telephone polls and sh*t until March. 

Day nine of the virus?

My son just had it and was told that you aren't contagious 10 days after symptoms. We had him quarantine for longer than that.

The antibodies are interesting though, I know some people have them 9 months later. Curious how it works with the vaccine, will it be a yearly shot. Either way it is good news.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am sure by now everyone is sick about everything covid related but the vaccines just started rolling out. Working in a hospital I hear about alot of people who want more data before getting it (I w

Received mine last week, without issues other than typical sore deltoid from any intramuscular shot (asked for it in the glute, but was denied. Le sigh). Will update in two and a half weeks when I rec

My wife got her second Pfizer shot last week. Knocked her out for a few days with nausea, aches and chills, but no fever which is all we were concerned about considering she's pregnant. First ultrasou

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Day nine of the virus?

My son just had it and was told that you aren't contagious 10 days after symptoms. We had him quarantine for longer than that.

The antibodies are interesting though, I know some people have them 9 months later. Curious how it works with the vaccine, will it be a yearly shot. Either way it is good news.

Day 9 from first day of symptoms, yes. Everything was super mild, I had almost every symptom but each one only lasted an hour or two for the first couple days. I've been 100% since Wed. I'm planning on staying in the house a few extra days just to be safe to others. Funnily enough my wife didn't get anything which has been weird, but we blocked off the house pretty well and have been masked/scrubbed up every time I had to emerge.

• Upvote 1
Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Day 9 from first day of symptoms, yes. Everything was super mild, I had almost every symptom but each one only lasted an hour or two for the first couple days. I've been 100% since Wed. I'm planning on staying in the house a few extra days just to be safe to others. Funnily enough my wife didn't get anything which has been weird, but we blocked off the house pretty well and have been masked/scrubbed up every time I had to emerge.

Oh wow, I am glad it has been mild.  My son is 25, he didn't lose taste or smell. Just had a cold in the beginning, congestion for like a day and then he felt better.

Nobody else in this house got it either. 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Oh wow, I am glad it has been mild.  My son is 25, he didn't lose taste or smell. Just had a cold in the beginning, congestion for like a day and then he felt better.

It's the strangest virus. I am a super healthy person and only 39 but I will say after having such a wide and very strange variety of symptoms that seems like they should have had nothing to do with each other (i.e. congestion followed by splotchy hands followed by loss of smell...etc) I can definitely see how it seriously ****s people up that have some sort of condition, elderly, or simply are not healthy. It's almost like the thing is probing around your body to see what it can get away with and if it finds a hole then you are in for a long several days. 

• Upvote 1
On 12/20/2020 at 3:14 PM, Maxman said:

I posted this above but my research is in three parts:

1. A doctor that we are very close with. Asked for a recommendation.

2. A friend that runs clinical drug trials and understands all of this at a level I never will.

Both of them explained mRNA and what this vaccine is doing. They both gave me the same answer, they are taking it the day they can and they are having their children take it. They both said they are comfortable with the Pfizer or Moderna one. If they could pick, they would pick Pfizer.

3. I will consult with my primary physican as well.

Not more how much more research I can do, so that is definitely good enough for me personally.

But I think the good thing is if anyone wants to not take it, they just don't have to take it. Kind of what is happening now, everyone has to do what they are comfortable with.

Why Pfizer is preferred?

my wife should be getting it very shortly. All the nurses in the nicu have gotten it. But no doctors which is weird. 

• Upvote 1
On 12/18/2020 at 10:49 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

I've had a brutal, pounding headache all day. Been puking my brains out and my entire freaking body is sore. I'd like to just die. I didn't get the vaccine, just had too much to drink last night.

That's how I was right about 7 pm on Sunday.  My wife was ready to pull out the test we have but then she saw it was because of the Jets.  There is no damned vaccine for that, is there?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

i may be mistaken here but this is my general understanding..correct me please..
these are new vax called mRNA..
traditional vax injects a dead component of the bug to travel your bloodstream randomly and trigger antibodies to fight the real virus.
mRNA delivers a section of viral generic code via rna INTO ur cells and instructs your cells to produce the cv ‘spikes’ that actually become part of your native cells.
we are told these rna instructions die off, but what of these new weird ‘spiked’ cells we are growing?
do they reproduce with new code? can this be passed via heredity?
six months of trials? i am leery.

31 minutes ago, jago said:

i may be mistaken here but this is my general understanding..correct me please..
traditional vax injects a dead component of the bug to travel your bloodstream randomly and trigger antibodies to fight the real virus.
mRNA delivers a section of viral generic code via rna INTO ur cells and instructs your cells to produce the cv ‘spikes’ that actually become part of your native cells.
we are told these rna instructions die off, but what of these new weird ‘spiked’ cells we are growing?

link to that description?  I've been reading as much as possible and that's the first I've heard some of the above. 

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Fantastic news that you're getting the shot.  You'll be fine.  If not, I'll make sure Max memorializes you on the site banner.  

In Memorandum of EY:

He was always right about quarterbacks... It never mattered.

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, jago said:

There are some surprisingly easy-to-understand videos on this channel talking about the vaccines (from Roger Seheult, MD.  His qualifications are from the YouTube description but please note that I don't know how to verify them)

image.png.cbed3bacbc720508b3fd78eb2b712af8.png

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Well, I've been microchipped.

It is so cool. I am looking at the dashboard now and honestly it is nice know where you are at all times.

Hey that last bathroom break that was 17 minutes. Let's leave the phone outside next time and try for the 4 minute range.

• Haha 1
On 12/20/2020 at 3:28 PM, Maxman said:

I am day 11.   My quarantine is over and I am symptom free.  They say I can’t get it for 90 days.  

started out as a cold.  Headaches and dehydration ever day.   I am 50 so it was not bad.  Never lost taste and smell. 

I will get the vaccine as soon as it’s my turn

• Upvote 3

Just got my second dose hearing alot of whispers about people getting sick the next morning but this is the first day of second doses for my hospital. My plan is to stop and pick up supplies for a chicken soup on my way home just incase but hopefully I won't need it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
On 12/24/2020 at 12:32 PM, TeddEY said:

Just got word I'm in for Tuesday at 10am.

If I die, please avenge me.

Adam Gase will lead the assault so good luck with that.

On 12/20/2020 at 3:24 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

It is very strange.  I know it is supposed to be super easy to catch, but my daughter got it while her boyfriend and her brother that lives with her did not.  Another friend got it and his ill wife that he cares for did not.  He basically lifts her up and down multiple times each day.  Thankfully they both had mild symptoms, but there is no way that I would have believed the others would not have caught it.  We quarantined away from them mostly to protect my Dad who is probably compromised. 

Got my 2nd shot yesterday.  21 hours in and I’m experiencing some manageable symptoms.

- Nausea (I threw up because I have a weak tolerance for that lol).

- Low-grade fever (99.5).

- Muscle and joint pain.

- Tiredness.

I was told beforehand that these symptoms were more likely to appear the 2nd go around, so I was already taking Ibuprofen and Tylenol prophylactically to manage them; especially because I am epileptic and fevers can trigger a seizure in me.  All in all, it’s not so bad.  Expectation is that these symptoms will subside within 24 hours of initial onset.

• Upvote 1