Covid vaccines

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Got my 2nd shot yesterday.  21 hours in and I’m experiencing some manageable symptoms.

- Nausea (I threw up because I have a weak tolerance for that lol).

- Low-grade fever (99.5).

- Muscle and joint pain.

- Tiredness.

I was told beforehand that these symptoms were more likely to appear the 2nd go around, so I was already taking Ibuprofen and Tylenol prophylactically to manage them; especially because I am epileptic and fevers can trigger a seizure in me.  All in all, it’s not so bad.  Expectation is that these symptoms will subside within 24 hours of initial onset.

Hope you feel better soon @Mogglez and things get back to normal. 

Please keep us posted. 

I was made aware last night I will have the opportunity very soon to get the vaccination and I'm on the fence about it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am sure by now everyone is sick about everything covid related but the vaccines just started rolling out. Working in a hospital I hear about alot of people who want more data before getting it (I w

Received mine last week, without issues other than typical sore deltoid from any intramuscular shot (asked for it in the glute, but was denied. Le sigh). Will update in two and a half weeks when I rec

My wife got her second Pfizer shot last week. Knocked her out for a few days with nausea, aches and chills, but no fever which is all we were concerned about considering she's pregnant. First ultrasou

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hope you feel better soon @Mogglez and things get back to normal. 

Please keep us posted. 

I was made aware last night I will have the opportunity very soon to get the vaccination and I'm on the fence about it. 

Appreciate it Joe.  Will do.

Overall, I don’t regret getting it, if that helps you with your decision.  The symptoms are uncomfortable, but very manageable by taking Tylenol and Ibuprofen prophylactically and they are supposed to subside in 24 hours.  I will let you, and everyone else, know how I’m doing tomorrow!

• Upvote 2

On my end the only thing I got from my second dose was a sore arm like the first time. Maybe I am lucky or maybe I already had antibodies from working in two hospitals throughout the pandemic either way no real symptoms for either injection for me

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, Larz said:

Any headache issues?

Nothing from me or my wife.

She got her second dose (Pfizer) on Wednesday and had nothing more then the same sore arm.

• Upvote 1
On 1/7/2021 at 1:50 PM, Mogglez said:

Got my 2nd shot yesterday.  21 hours in and I’m experiencing some manageable symptoms.

- Nausea (I threw up because I have a weak tolerance for that lol).

- Low-grade fever (99.5).

- Muscle and joint pain.

- Tiredness.

I was told beforehand that these symptoms were more likely to appear the 2nd go around, so I was already taking Ibuprofen and Tylenol prophylactically to manage them; especially because I am epileptic and fevers can trigger a seizure in me.  All in all, it’s not so bad.  Expectation is that these symptoms will subside within 24 hours of initial onset.

How are you feeling now?

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

How are you feeling now?

Woke up sore this morning with swollen lymph nodes but as of now (2AM) I’m doing well!  Swelling in the lymph nodes has subsided, aches are gone, as are all the other symptoms (nausea and fever).

As far as I’m concerned, I’m back to normal!

• Upvote 3

Who has blocked more shots; Dikembe Mtumbo or Andrew Cuomo? 

The crazy quilt NY protocols have done the impossible; made Bill Diblasio seem reasonable and smart. 

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, CSNY said:

got my 1st Moderna shot at 8:00 am Sunday 1/10. Nothing to report except for some tiredness. Will see how the rest of the day goes 

Nice good luck please keep us posted. Thanks 

• Upvote 1
On 1/8/2021 at 8:59 PM, bealeb319 said:

None really on my end either. My only issue was a sore arm for about two days with each injection

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Thanks. My daughter is getting the second dose on the 21st so we’re hoping to have a plan. 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Nice good luck please keep us posted. Thanks 

12 hours later feeling fine. Still a bit tired and had a slight headache that three Tylenol extra strength took care of but all in all feel good. 

• Upvote 2

36 hours later just a little soreness at the injection site. So I would say all clear. 
on a personal note please get the shot so we can all start the process of getting some normalcy back in our lives and going to see the Jets live and in person in September. As I workin a hospital don’t ever again want to see the refrigerator trailers parked up and down Madison and 5 Th avenue since the morgue was overrun 

• Upvote 2

Alright, I don't know where you run of the mill non-healthcare workers and non-first responders are getting your vaccines, but it's a lyin' ass chaotic shi t show in Orange County, NY.  My boss (I started a new job in late December after going back to my old job and getting laid off again) is so freaking mad. He has a couple of minor risk factors, but he lives in fear over his elderly Mom. Guess what? She can't get the vaccine, when supposedly just BEING OLD IS THE ONLY CRITERIA YOU NEED. He had to APPLY online with the DOH for her to get "approved", and he also wound up calling the South Korean Embassy to report the problem. There's a lot more to it than that, but every place you call (CVS, Rite-Aid, Crystal Run Healthcare, etc.) opens up with a message that we were incorrectly designated as a vaccination location or that no vaccines are available. PERIOD.

That aside, there was a minor outbreak on my husband's job-site in NYC. They were not shut down like in March 2020 where the old man was Patient Zero (lol, long story), but a bunch of guys got rapid tested and all of them were negative and some of them took the extra step of getting the PCR test, which leads me to further nonsense in Orange County, NY; but before I relay that gem, it was more or less determined that the foreman who tested positive brought it in, he didn't bring it out. 

Anyway, I told my boss right away and he of course said, "Please don't come in here!" The craziness that ensued, aye-yigh-yigh. I called EVERYWHERE and nobody up here gives the rapid test unless you have symptoms AND you need an RX from your Dr. WHAT THE FRIG. Point being, I don't take no for an answer. I found a clinic that takes everyone, young, old, completely asymptomatic; but even my LOCAL HOSPITAL DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS PLACE. The only downside is that you sign your life away by going into the government tracing database, which I have an EXTREME aversion to (EWWWWWWW). They know everything about me, but why should I help them along? I did it, though, for my boss's peace of mind. Ain't I some gal. 

I also got the PCR Test, which I am waiting on, but I was negative on the rapid test. I also got re-checked for the antibodies, and The New York Blood Center will continue to love me: still positive for the antibodies 13 months later, LMAO. I refuse to believe that I am simply a freak of nature. All things considered, still gonna hold off on the vaccine until further notice, but the DOH is doing that for me all on their own: no vaccines available and a ton of red tape that is news to everyone around here. 

P.S.:  If anyone on here who lives in Orange County, NY, wants or needs the rapid test, PM me and I'll let you know the location of this apparently top fckn secret testing site. No lie, I can tell you where to go. No insurance necessary, no RX necessary, asymptomatic OK, zero cost. Peace out

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Alright, I don't know where you run of the mill non-healthcare workers and non-first responders are getting your vaccines, but it's a lyin' ass chaotic shi t show in Orange County, NY.  My boss (I started a new job in late December after going back to my old job and getting laid off again) is so freaking mad. He has a couple of minor risk factors, but he lives in fear over his elderly Mom. Guess what? She can't get the vaccine, when supposedly just BEING OLD IS THE ONLY CRITERIA YOU NEED. He had to APPLY online with the DOH for her to get "approved", and he also wound up calling the South Korean Embassy to report the problem. There's a lot more to it than that, but every place you call (CVS, Rite-Aid, Crystal Run Healthcare, etc.) opens up with a message that we were incorrectly designated as a vaccination location or that no vaccines are available. PERIOD.

That aside, there was a minor outbreak on my husband's job-site in NYC. They were not shut down like in March 2020 where the old man was Patient Zero (lol, long story), but a bunch of guys got rapid tested and all of them were negative and some of them took the extra step of getting the PCR test, which leads me to further nonsense in Orange County, NY; but before I relay that gem, it was more or less determined that the foreman who tested positive brought it in, he didn't bring it out. 

Anyway, I told my boss right away and he of course said, "Please don't come in here!" The craziness that ensued, aye-yigh-yigh. I called EVERYWHERE and nobody up here gives the rapid test unless you have symptoms AND you need an RX from your Dr. WHAT THE FRIG. Point being, I don't take no for an answer. I found a clinic that takes everyone, young, old, completely asymptomatic; but even my LOCAL HOSPITAL DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS PLACE. The only downside is that you sign your life away by going into the government tracing database, which I have an EXTREME aversion to (EWWWWWWW). They know everything about me, but why should I help them along? I did it, though, for my boss's peace of mind. Ain't I some gal. 

I also got the PCR Test, which I am waiting on, but I was negative on the rapid test. I also got re-checked for the antibodies, and The New York Blood Center will continue to love me: still positive for the antibodies 13 months later, LMAO. I refuse to believe that I am simply a freak of nature. All things considered, still gonna hold off on the vaccine until further notice, but the DOH is doing that for me all on their own: no vaccines available and a ton of red tape that is news to everyone around here. 

P.S.:  If anyone on here who lives in Orange County, NY, wants or needs the rapid test, PM me and I'll let you know the location of this apparently top fckn secret testing site. No lie, I can tell you where to go. No insurance necessary, no RX necessary, asymptomatic OK, zero cost. Peace out

The game changer should have been rapid testing at home for everyone.  In that way, folks could test BEFORE heading out to work, shopping, etc.  You test positive, stay home; negative, go about your business.

Now it's water under the bridge.  But not too late.  It is my hope that an effort will be made to produce and offer home rapid testing kits to all of us for home use.

Thanks for your words and efforts, jeto.

Anyone have any experience with the New Jersey process?

I registered on the State of NJ site two weeks ago and just got an email last night saying I am eligible (1C) and that I would soon be given a scheduled appointment with the state.  But it also said another option is to go to an independent (hospital, drug chain, etc) and provided links.

When I went to Walgreens to register it says I need to provide a "registration code" which was not provided to me in either of the email communications from the NJ state registration system.  Anyone else run into this?

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Anyone have any experience with the New Jersey process?

I registered on the State of NJ site two weeks ago and just got an email last night saying I am eligible (1C) and that I would soon be given a scheduled appointment with the state.  But it also said another option is to go to an independent (hospital, drug chain, etc) and provided links.

When I went to Walgreens to register it says I need to provide a "registration code" which was not provided to me in either of the email communications from the NJ state registration system.  Anyone else run into this?

SAR I

I'm registered with the state and with Atlantic health.  Whoever gives me an appointment first is how I will go.  My daughter is in health care and thinks that the Atlantic Health will be much quicker for me and my Wife.  You are in Bergen, right?  Sign up via Hackensack, St joseph's or Englewood.  

• Upvote 2
18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'm registered with the state and with Atlantic health.  Whoever gives me an appointment first is how I will go.  My daughter is in health care and thinks that the Atlantic Health will be much quicker for me and my Wife.  You are in Bergen, right?  Sign up via Hackensack, St joseph's or Englewood.  

Thanks, will do.  Was there any authorization code from the state necessary for signing up out of the NJ state process (like Atlantic)?

SAR I

Good news-  was persistent and am scheduled at the mega site for my first vaccination on Feb 4.  

At MetLife Stadium.  PSL Gold indeed. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Good news-  was persistent and am scheduled at the mega site for my first vaccination on Feb 4.  

SAR I

Good luck say hi to Mr. Saleh for me if you  see him. 

36 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Good luck say hi to Mr. Saleh for me if you  see him. 

Thanks!  I'm assuming they'll have a PSL queue in Lot F to a hospitality tent with wood floors, heat, beef medallions, etc.

SAR I

• Haha 1

Daughter got her 2nd shot of the moderna vaccine yesterday. One of her classmates did it and missed her deltoid almost completely. Thanks kid, her injection site pain is pretty bad 

102 fever last night and serious chills 

average headache but she’s been taking excedrine since before the injection. Fingers crossed 

• Upvote 1

The system is flawed like everything else the Government gets involved in.

People with health insurance are being told they must wait while smokers and others I won't mention are getting the vaccine. 

Sure they re taking registrations and a return email says they are overwhelmed and you need to be patient. 

I may hold out for the Johnson & Johnson one shot vaccination and remain loyal to Woody Johnson. 

My wife in healthcare has had both vaccinations MODERNA and thank God no side effects. 

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

Thanks, will do.  Was there any authorization code from the state necessary for signing up out of the NJ state process (like Atlantic)?

SAR I

none to my knowledge. (wife enrolled me)

14 hours ago, Larz said:

Daughter got her 2nd shot of the moderna vaccine yesterday. One of her classmates did it and missed her deltoid almost completely. Thanks kid, her injection site pain is pretty bad 

102 fever last night and serious chills 

average headache but she’s been taking excedrine since before the injection. Fingers crossed 

Hope she feels better soon brother. Let us know. Prayers being sent. 

• Post of the Week 1
On 12/20/2020 at 3:18 PM, Maxman said:

Day nine of the virus?

My son just had it and was told that you aren't contagious 10 days after symptoms. We had him quarantine for longer than that.

The antibodies are interesting though, I know some people have them 9 months later. Curious how it works with the vaccine, will it be a yearly shot. Either way it is good news.

Our friends have had Antibodies for a year now. She got Covid in January coming home from Ireland & gave it to her husband. They still donate plasma. 

• Upvote 1
On 1/23/2021 at 7:41 AM, The Crusher said:

Hope she feels better soon brother. Let us know. Prayers being sent. 

Second day wasn’t bad. Back to work 3rd day. She’s tougher than me for sure lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
On 1/23/2021 at 8:11 AM, Jetster said:

Our friends have had Antibodies for a year now. She got Covid in January coming home from Ireland & gave it to her husband. They still donate plasma. 

See, and I just said a few posts back that I refuse to believe I'm a freak of nature. I had COVID in early Dec. 2019 and same thing here. I just got another formal, voluntary, separate antibody test (even though you're screened before donating plasma, anyway) last Thurs. and I'm still an antibody machine (positive for antibodies/negative for active infection). Ditto still donating my plasma.

A guy on a different website well over 6 mos. ago got contentious with me because his wife's a nurse in a hospital and he came this close to calling me a liar "because you don't have anti-bodies past 4-6 months later." He was that adamant about it that I was "wrong", lol. Probably related to King Cuomo or Lord Fauci.

Happy to say my PCR test was also negative, but I kind of thought so. I tripled up on rapid/PCR/antibody to make certain for the safety and peace of mind of my boss about his elderly Mom. The old man found out a few days prior that his foreman was positive (NYC). Happy to say no-one else on his jobsite thus far has tested + and his rapid test was also negative (a bunch of others also did PCR).

Anyway, here's something that always makes me laugh, though. You're in the supermarket, right? 6 feet apart on the checkout line for social distancing, correct? Meanwhile back at the ranch in the ice cream aisle all of the animals are right on top of each other grabbing at the Turkey Hill that's on sale. What the frig. I guess people think well, ice-cream is cold, s-o-o-o-o . . . ? Probably the same people who bitch at everyone else that they're too close to them everywhere else.

On 1/22/2021 at 2:55 PM, SAR I said:

SAR I

Site shutdown until further notice. 

joewilly12 

On 1/22/2021 at 5:07 PM, joewilly12 said:

The system is flawed like everything else the Government gets involved in.

People with health insurance are being told they must wait while smokers and others I won't mention are getting the vaccine. 

Sure they re taking registrations and a return email says they are overwhelmed and you need to be patient. 

I may hold out for the Johnson & Johnson one shot vaccination and remain loyal to Woody Johnson. 

My wife in healthcare has had both vaccinations MODERNA and thank God no side effects. 

Only two states are giving smokers priority. 

and your health insurance is not important  - can’t buy a vaccine at this point