Covid vaccines

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am sure by now everyone is sick about everything covid related but the vaccines just started rolling out. Working in a hospital I hear about alot of people who want more data before getting it (I w

Received mine last week, without issues other than typical sore deltoid from any intramuscular shot (asked for it in the glute, but was denied. Le sigh). Will update in two and a half weeks when I rec

My wife got her second Pfizer shot last week. Knocked her out for a few days with nausea, aches and chills, but no fever which is all we were concerned about considering she's pregnant. First ultrasou

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I did your entire family get vaccinated there. 

No, so far just me.  My wife (she's younger) has registered with the State of NJ and hasn't been told she's eligible yet.  My kids have also been registered but they'll be the last to be called.

I go for shot #2 later this week.  Just in time.  Can now go forward with our Florida vacation in April perhaps.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, so far just me.  My wife (she's younger) has registered with the State of NJ and hasn't been told she's eligible yet.  My kids have also been registered but they'll be the last to be called.

I go for shot #2 later this week.  Just in time.  Can now go forward with our Florida vacation in April perhaps.

SAR I

ooooookkkkay.

so why and how did you get the shot? I dont read you as 65+ but who knows

4 hours ago, HighPitch said:

thats true but why would a 65+ year old that is a braggard drive a 3 series?

If you had any money or understood the slightest thing about BMW's you would realize that the lowest end 3 Series can be had for $40,000 and one that is optioned properly as the Ultimate Driving Machine will cost you north of $70,000.  Unlike Lexus and Toyota, BMW doesn't have a low-end equivalent brand so the BMW brand must offer both the pedestrian and luxury configurations.

I have owned 7 Series, 5 Series, 4 Series, and 3 Series, I am in my 14th or 15th, I lose count.  The smaller the BMW and the bigger the engine, the more performance one can have.  True BMW enthusiasts want the smallest BMW they can get, not the largest.  As I get closer to being an empty nester, damned right I will want a 3 Series.  Perhaps a 2 Series.  When you don't have to haul younglings you can have a lot of fun in a smaller, tighter car. 

Why I waste my time with you I don't know.  Enjoy your Kia, and shhhhhh.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Email I just got. 

An update on your request for COVID-19 vaccine scheduling. Invitations are being sent out based upon vaccine supply and in the order requests are received. You will receive a secure link for your scheduling as soon as an appointment becomes available for you.

Thanks for your patience.

RWJBarnabas Health

• Upvote 2
19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Email I just got. 

An update on your request for COVID-19 vaccine scheduling. Invitations are being sent out based upon vaccine supply and in the order requests are received. You will receive a secure link for your scheduling as soon as an appointment becomes available for you.

Thanks for your patience.

RWJBarnabas Health

That seems to be from just one of a dozen possible vaccination sites.  Have you tried others?  The megasites seem to be the ones with the highest odds.  I registered with the State of NJ but got the appointment by being persistent on several larger facilities and eventually landed on the Hackensack megasite at MetLife option.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

10 years 100k miles pal. Eat my dust.

3 years 36K miles, friend.  Eat my lease.

SAR I

Leasing repetitively for decades ensures that not only are you always covered under factory warranty but you are also in a brand new car just as you're starting to get bored.  Two of my BMW's are leased 18 months apart, and it takes 3 months to preorder and have one built to my specifications in Germany, meaning that every 1.5 years I'm starting the build process and configuring a brand new car.

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Leasing repetitively for decades ensures that not only are you always covered under factory warranty but you are also in a brand new car just as you're starting to get bored.  Two of my BMW's are leased 18 months apart, and it takes 3 months to preorder and have one built to my specifications in Germany, meaning that every 1.5 years I'm starting the build process and configuring a brand new car.

Can you create a BMW is delicious thread in the lounge please. Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The Sorrento is the family car which gets beat up a lot. Zero care into it. I have been thinking about upgrading the Sorrento to a Telluride or Sub Ascent but I have two big dogs and they just beat the hell out of the thing, I'm not sure it's worth it to spend $40k or continue up with lease payments for something that's definitely going to get thrashed.  

I have a newish Crosstrek which I take better care of and serves adventure purposes awesome, but I own it because Subarus retain their value well. BMW's are amazing machines though for sure. 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Right but its basic biology. He has the antibodies for covid.

There are 2 schools of thought even in the medical field if you research.

for example the hospital wing where i got my shot..... the 3 nurses refused to take the shot. One already had covid and the other 2 claimed they didnt like what they saw with side effects for people that they shot up. The lady, a friend,  told us straight up that “what they report on the news is nothing like what we are seeing so thats why most of us refuse to take the shot”

thats from nurses that have 15-20 years of medical experience so fyi

Or, like I said, you could just get advice from medical people vs the internet.

There are long term antibody tests underway (as long term as you can have with something new).  My point is it is dangerous to tell people, you had Covid you are fine.  Not everyone is have a long term response I have a friend that is in a study, he has been good for 10 + months. But one of his family members has a really low count, they were Covid positive in the fall. They had no protection already 4 months later, so they got the vaccine.

My son had it in November, so when his group is up, he will get the antibody test and then decide. I see a lot of people saying I had Covid I am fine and it makes no sense to me because they can measure it with a simple blood test.

5 hours ago, HighPitch said:

thats true but why would a 65+ year old that is a braggard drive a 3 series?

Oh this post is DEFINITELY going to trigger an antibody response.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

If you had any money or understood the slightest thing about BMW's you would realize that the lowest end 3 Series can be had for $40,000 and one that is optioned properly as the Ultimate Driving Machine will cost you north of $70,000.  Unlike Lexus and Toyota, BMW doesn't have a low-end equivalent brand so the BMW brand must offer both the pedestrian and luxury configurations.

I have owned 7 Series, 5 Series, 4 Series, and 3 Series, I am in my 14th or 15th, I lose count.  The smaller the BMW and the bigger the engine, the more performance one can have.  True BMW enthusiasts want the smallest BMW they can get, not the largest.  As I get closer to being an empty nester, damned right I will want a 3 Series.  Perhaps a 2 Series.  When you don't have to haul younglings you can have a lot of fun in a smaller, tighter car. 

SAR I

And there it is LOL!!!

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Or, like I said, you could just get advice from medical people vs the internet.

There are long term antibody tests underway (as long term as you can have with something new).  My point is it is dangerous to tell people, you had Covid you are fine.  Not everyone is have a long term response I have a friend that is in a study, he has been good for 10 + months. But one of his family members has a really low count, they were Covid positive in the fall. They had no protection already 4 months later, so they got the vaccine.

My son had it in November, so when his group is up, he will get the antibody test and then decide. I see a lot of people saying I had Covid I am fine and it makes no sense to me because they can measure it with a simple blood test.

So worth noting on this, I am 99% positive I had Covid twice. I had Covid hands in Feb/March and a weird cold. At that time Covid hands/toes was still relatively new so there was not a ton of research on it. About a month later it comes out that Covid hands and toes are a thing, so I took an antibody test which came up negative but at that time the antibody tests weren’t as reliable. 

Fast forward 9 months and I tested positive with Covid (presumably again), and had the same symptoms, hands and toes and all. My skin was exactly the same as it had been 9 months prior and that has literally been the only other time I have had splotchy tingly skin on my hands and feet like that. Point being you can most certainly get this sh*t twice within a relatively short period of time. It’s possible my second bout was with one of the variants but who knows.

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So worth noting on this, I am 99% positive I had Covid twice. I had Covid hands in Feb/March and a weird cold. At that time Covid hands/toes was still relatively new so there was not a ton of research on it. About a month later it comes out that Covid hands and toes are a thing, so I took an antibody test which came up negative but at that time the antibody tests weren’t as reliable. 

Fast forward 9 months and I tested positive with Covid (presumably again), and had the same symptoms, hands and toes and all. My skin was exactly the same as it had been 9 months prior and that has literally been the only other time I have had splotchy tingly skin on my hands and feet like that. Point being you can most certainly get this sh*t twice within a relatively short period of time. It’s possible my second bout was with one of the variants but who knows.

Article in Wall Street journal from a professor at Hopkins essentially confirms what you are saying. That the diagnostics here are bad and we probably underreported our cases by a whopping 50% - but as a result are due for herd immunity as a country by April, when factoring in shots. 

19 hours ago, HighPitch said:

dude if you had covid dont get the shot. you have natural immunity, the best kind. dont listen to these rabble rousing cry babies. especially if u plan on having children.

Youre already vaccinated!

That only lasts for 6 months. I like to travel, and I can see 6-9 months down the road you won’t be able to do sh*t without being vaccinated. And it ****ed my taste up for a month and it took 3 months to smell my coffee again.

19 hours ago, Maxman said:

Or you could let the medical experts give medical advice. 

Hey, is that some kind of captain America shield on your avatar? :rl:  

2 minutes ago, BP said:

That only lasts for 6 months. I like to travel, and I can see 6-9 months down the road you won’t be able to do sh*t without being vaccinated. And it ****ed my taste up for a month and it took 3 months to smell my coffee again.

That taste thing ain’t funny. Take it back right now BP. 

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Excellent post.

So, are you north of 65? seriously I would like to know why and how you got shot up.

BTW, I drive a mint 2008 328i with 114K miles. I love her. Do you wanna get together and make out? Im vaccinated now

2 hours ago, BP said:

It depends on the person. I know people in the long term study that are closing in on a year with the antibodies right now. They are pretty much saying it is a minimum of 3 months, and 6 months seems to be safe in most cases. But a simple blood test helps them figure it out.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes, there are definitely people who got it twice. It is all brand new it is going to be interesting in three years when they look back with facts that were missed along the way.

Just now, Maxman said:

Yes, there are definitely people who got it twice. It is all brand new it is going to be interesting in three years when they look back with facts that were missed along the way.

Let’s just hope it’s less severe the second time people get it. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Article in Wall Street journal from a professor at Hopkins essentially confirms what you are saying. That the diagnostics here are bad and we probably underreported our cases by a whopping 50% - but as a result are due for herd immunity as a country by April, when factoring in shots. 

That part is great news.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, The Crusher said:

That taste thing ain’t funny. Take it back right now BP. 

Dude, Mr, Crusher. I want to thank you for wearing a mask over your avatar to try and keep all posters safe. But it’s blocking a great gif of the crusher!! Can you ask @Maxman about getting a see through mask for your avatar?

thanks in advance,

BP

1 minute ago, BP said:

Dude, Mr, Crusher. I want to thank you for wearing a mask over your avatar to try and keep all posters safe. But it’s blocking a great gif of the crusher!! Can you ask @Maxman about getting a see through mask for your avatar?

thanks in advance,

BP

Um Bill? That's not a mask, that's a fat fold. 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Maxman said:

I asked my doctor about that after I got it. At the time he said I had a less than 1% chance of getting it again. But most people that got it twice aren’t around anymore lol Tiny lister got it in April and recovered, then he got symptoms again in December and he was dead two days later. Now, he’d been taking steroids half his life but still pretty scary.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

It depends on the person. I know people in the long term study that are closing in on a year with the antibodies right now. They are pretty much saying it is a minimum of 3 months, and 6 months seems to be safe in most cases. But a simple blood test helps them figure it out.

I haven’t gotten tested for the antibodies yet. But when I got it I never had problems breathing, my blood oxygen was 99 and I had no fever. I was just really tired for like a month. The first 4 days I just slept day and night and I had no appetite because of the taste and smell stuff. Fun fact: and I am being serious. I was able to taste green tea and won ton soup, but nothing else lol you believe that sh*t?

My biological father lives in Ulster Co. and his gf was really adamant about both of them getting vaccinated. They wound up driving to Albany and got the appointment in no time. I'm not sure where, but I'll find out in case it's of help to anyone.

20210223-170908.jpg

Haha, I'm donating Convalescent Plasma again (in real time) right now. I hope you all enjoy the distorted picture of my feet. 

• Upvote 3

My dad(67) just got signed up for his appointment Friday.  I'm beyond thankful.  We(my family and extended family all chipped in) had to essentially refresh local/drivable pharmacy websites until appointments showed up.  Had been doing it for probably 10 days straight, at least 8 of us looking for him.  Finally snagged one for him.

Needless to say Iowa's rollout has been one of the worst in tbe country. 

Mom turns 65 in a few months, hopefully it won't be such a pain come her turn.  She called me in tears the other night because she misses her grandkids so much.  Some light at the end of the tunnel though.

• Upvote 2
22 minutes ago, BP said:

I haven’t gotten tested for the antibodies yet. But when I got it I never had problems breathing, my blood oxygen was 99 and I had no fever. I was just really tired for like a month. The first 4 days I just slept day and night and I had no appetite because of the taste and smell stuff. Fun fact: and I am being serious. I was able to taste green tea and won ton soup, but nothing else lol you believe that sh*t?

I still have antibodies 14 months out. Don't believe everything you read. You should 100% get the antibody test. I am not considering getting vaccinated, probably not even if I ever go negative for the antibodies. Two years from now the vaccine will most likely have been modified at least a couple of times, and between now and then we'll also possibly find out what is correct and what is completely full of shi t. That being said, I also am not high risk, so I can afford to wait until we find out more as well. It just makes practical sense.

I also want to add Drs. are now strongly advising against vaccination if the antibodies are present, PERIOD. There was some promise over Ivermectin which is FDA an approved parasitic that has saved thousands of lives and is cheaper than dirt. It was dropped like a hot potato because there's no money to be made. Anyway, my jaded side says that there's a lot of money to be harvested from illness and tragedy. Stay safe, everyone.