Remember how bad goff looked?

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

He has arguably the best LT in the NFL on his blind side

Stop. Becton arguably isn't even the consensus best LT in his own draft class.

Becton isn't even top 10. Bahktiari, Trent Williams, Armstead,  Stanley, Tunsil, Tyron, Lewan, Castonzo, Bolles, and Dawkins are all clearly better.

• Thumb Down 4

2 hours ago, hamat711 said:

Stop. Becton arguably isn't even the consensus best LT in his own draft class.

Becton isn't even top 10. Bahktiari, Trent Williams, Armstead,  Stanley, Tunsil, Tyron, Lewan, Castonzo, Bolles, and Dawkins are all clearly better.

"Clearly better?" You are selling Becton short. I have often found myself very critical of Jets fans overrating their players, but in this case it's just the opposite. If you offered any of those teams Becton straight up for any of those LTs, the other team is taking that offer immediately, hanging up the phone, high fiving the whole scouting staff and ordering champagne and lobster forthwith. Not sure Jets fans grasp how big and good he is this quick and how he figures to get even better. He is well on track to have a Jonathan Ogden/Walter Jones career. 

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Just curious, which LT in his class is in the discussion?

Jedrick Wills has been just as good as Becton. 

Andrew Thomas got off to a rough start, but he has been performing the best of any of the LTs taken the last few weeks but the sample size is too small.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

"Clearly better?" You are selling Becton short. I have often found myself very critical of Jets fans overrating their players, but in this case it's just the opposite. If you offered any of those teams Becton straight up for any of those LTs, the other team is taking that offer immediately, hanging up the phone, high fiving the whole scouting staff and ordering champagne and lobster forthwith. Not sure Jets fans grasp how big and good he is this quick and how he figures to get even better. He is well on track to have a Jonathan Ogden/Walter Jones career. 

All those guys listed are bonified franchise LTs. Even if you exclude the guys who got hurt, Becton has allowed more sacks than all of them with 75% of their snaps. Except for the older guys like Tyron, Willams and Castonzo, they would all would be worth at least a 1st rounder.

Becton is good, but he is not the best LT and he doesn't belong in that conversation. That doesn't mean he won't develop into a top LT.

He hasn't even gone up against an Elite pass rusher for the majority of the game and some of you have the nerve to say he is in the conversation of the best LT? C'mon that is pure homerism.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, hamat711 said:

All those guys listed are bonified franchise LTs. Even if you exclude the guys who got hurt, Becton has allowed more sacks than all of them with 75% of their snaps. Except for the older guys like Tyron, Willams and Castonzo, they would all would be worth at least a 1st rounder.

Becton is good, but he is not the best LT and he doesn't belong in that conversation. That doesn't mean he won't develop into a top LT.

He hasn't even gone up against an Elite pass rusher for the majority of the game and some of you have the nerve to say he is in the conversation of the best LT? C'mon that is pure homerism.

He did well vs. both of the Bosas, in case you missed it. 

Joey Bosa lined up on the right side because he didn't want to go up against Becton. I agree its too early to pencil him in as one of the best LT's in the league but lets not twist the truth either--he has tremendous upside and may be on his way to that level soon enough

33 minutes ago, Icer said:

Joey Bosa lined up on the right side because he didn't want to go up against Becton. I agree its too early to pencil him in as one of the best LT's in the league but lets not twist the truth either--he has tremendous upside and may be on his way to that level soon enough

Joey Bosa always lines up on the right side.......

43 minutes ago, Icer said:

Because he's Actually Durable and only misses games because nobody could possibly stay on the field under these circumstances?

1 hour ago, hamat711 said:

Joey Bosa always lines up on the right side.......

He lines up on both sides.

1 hour ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Because he's Actually Durable and only misses games because nobody could possibly stay on the field under these circumstances?

He got hurt against Indy after halftime, missed the Denver and New England games for the most part, and sat out one game entirely. Has played almost every snap the past 4 games and still has 3 weeks to go. Injury and conditioning are concerns for sure, but he's being sold short 

9 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

He predominately plays vs the Right tackle. 

Just pull up any Joey Bosa Highlight, and he is on the RT on nearly all of them.

Good 50/50 split:

I can keep going if you’d like.  They move Bosa around a ton, based on match-up.  He was utterly neutralized by Becton, so they moved him to the other side.

Why don’t you go celebrate your AFC East championship instead of trying to tell Jets fans their players aren’t that good.  I’d think that would be more important to a Bills fan

• Upvote 2