We flew back to NJ?

Just now, bitonti said:

The whole country is in COVID lockdown 

every state has dire numbers

the Jets didn't fly back because they care about the players or because they can't get Covid in NJ 

4 batches of Jet fuel is cheaper than 53 hotel rooms it's just that simple 

this is 100% wrong.  No attempt to stay on the west coast when the state of Cali is in lockdown. It probably wasn't even a consideration.  But of course, for you, it's always about the pennies saved.   Yours is a monotonous one-note song as of late.

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Probably safer actually.  Controlled charter flight, home cookin', no hotels for a week, etc.

They'd need to get on a plane to LA anyway which is like 2+ hours.  Might as well just fly home.

exactly, but you are interfering with Bit's creative narrative again.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

this is 100% wrong.  No attempt to stay on the west coast when the state of Cali is in lockdown. It probably wasn't even a consideration.  But of course, for you, it's always about the pennies saved.   Yours is a monotonous one-note song as of late.

we both have the same amount of evidence. 

NONE 

the difference is you want to believe in your story 

and I want to be proven incorrect

Ive been making outlandish statements about the Jets being terrible for at least 5 years 

they've not proven me wrong yet 

fans come and go, user names leave never to be seen again, i'll still be here, telling everyone how the Johnsons don't actually want to win Football games   - until they PROVE me wrong 

What a happy day that will be 

I want to be wrong and the Jets awesome and I can eat all the crow and celebrate a SB

funny thing is they just keep getting worse and i've not been proven wrong yet 

all the Tank Commanders - the onus is on you to prove this is the right path 

not on me for wanting a football team to try 

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The whole country is in COVID lockdown 

every state has dire numbers

the Jets didn't fly back because they care about the players or because they can't get Covid in NJ 

4 batches of Jet fuel is cheaper than a week's worth of 53 hotel rooms it's just that simple 

it's like that movie Major League 

the players are lucky Woody flew them at all

the next move is a bus 

WTF does that have to do with trying to find a place to house almost 100 people, feed them, etc and then on top of that find conference rooms and a school thats available for practices?

Nah, easier to fund the loony cheap aspect.  Youre a broken record 

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I live in LA. The city is literally a giant pile of Covid right now. Everyone has it. I have it. My neighbors have it. It's something like 1 out of every 80 residents is currently infected and it's still going up. 100% the right move to gtfo and come back for only a single day. Tbh they should move the game. 

My inlaws are there and one works in health care.  It's really really bad.

Yet Bit thinks they fly home to save pennies.  Duh.  Cali is closed.   I am flabbergasted at the abject stupidity going on, I truly am.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

my agenda is to promote facts 

for example

the SF Niners when they stay on the East Coast, rented out an entire West Virginia Resort 

the Jets fly back and forth 

Maybe they are making extra money on UPS delivery 

yawn

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

NONE 

Ive been making outlandish statements about the Jets being terrible for at least 5 years 

fans come and go, user names leave never to be seen again, i'll still be here, telling everyone how the Johnsons don't actually want to win Football games   - until they PROVE me wrong 

I want to be wrong and the Jets awesome and I can eat all the crow and celebrate a SB

In every post you claim the motives are financial.  From player acquisition to flying home from the a locked-down California.  You have no facts to back it up.  It's all opinion without any basis in fact.  You've become a redundant one-note song with respect to the "cheapness" that you have never proved.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
1 hour ago, bitonti said:

NONE 

Jets could be affected by the NFL’s new coronavirus travel advisory

Updated Aug 03, 2020; Posted Aug 03, 2020
jets bills

The New York Jets are slated to play back-to-back games on the West Coast, but the NFL's new travel advisory might require them to come home between games, rather than staying on the road.AP

Facebook Share
Twitter Share

The Jets are scheduled to visit the Seattle Seahawks during Week 14 of the 2020 NFL season, and a road game against the Los Angeles Rams is slated to follow in Week 15.

Under normal circumstances, the Jets would travel to Seattle for Week 14, then stay on the West Coast and prepare for Week 15 before finally returning to New Jersey after playing the Rams.

However, due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the Jets may be required to travel back home between the two games, according to a report from NBC’s Peter King.

According to King, if teams want to stay on the road for 10 days — the amount of time required for back-to-back games far from home — they would need to file an IDER (infectious disease emergency response) plan, which would need to be approved by the league and the players’ union. These plans would involve sequestering players and giving explicit detail on travel plans.

Buy Sam Darnold Jets gear: Fanatics, NFL Shop, Lids

While that’s an option, the league is advising teams to just return home between those types of games, according to King. That would mean the Jets would have to make four cross-country flights in the span of 10 days.

Those two games are the Jets’ only two West Coast contests of the season. Teams making trips from coast to coast often leave on Friday, rather than Saturday, to give players an extra day to adapt to the time change, but according to King, the NFL is advising teams to only travel on Saturdays.

That rule will have a bigger impact on West Coast teams traveling east, since they would be losing three hours to play in a 1 p.m. game.

The San Francisco 49ers are scheduled to play road games against the Jets and Giants in Weeks 2 and 3. Under the new advisory, they would need to return to California after playing the Jets before boarding another plane for another cross-country flight, one day before playing the Giants.

Please subscribe now and support the local journalism YOU rely on and trust.

Chris Ryan may be reached at cryan@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @ChrisRyan_NJ. Tell us your coronavirus story or send a tip here.

12 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

The Patriots stayed in LA the week between the Chargers and Rams games.

According to King, if teams want to stay on the road for 10 days — the amount of time required for back-to-back games far from home — they would need to file an IDER (infectious disease emergency response) plan, which would need to be approved by the league and the players’ union. These plans would involve sequestering players and giving explicit detail on travel plans.

While that’s an option, the league is advising teams to just return home between those types of games, according to King. That would mean the Jets would have to make four cross-country flights in the span of 10 days.

21 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

The 49ers earlier this season played back to back games at MetLife and elected to go to The Greenbrier in West Virginia to avoid that brutal travel schedule.  It’s a fair question I guess.

Cheaper for Woody/Chris to fly them back/forth than putting them up in a posh hotel like the Greenbrier w/room service. Becton food bill alone would be $30k

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The sf niners rented out an entire resort in WV in October to face the giants / Jets in back to back weeks

It's easy to find empty hotels during a pandemic.

The Jets can't be bothered

Thanks for posting.  Well here you go.  Article disproves yet another Bit "economics" theory.  Have a nice day.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The sf niners rented out an entire resort in WV in October to face the giants / Jets in back to back weeks

It's easy to find empty hotels during a pandemic.

The Jets can't be bothered

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Geez, are you ever correct about anything?  The rules have changed since then in California.  Jets can't do what other teams have done here there or anywhere earlier in the season.  You simply can not compare now to then as you are attempting.   Nice try. But that's strike three on this ridiculous line of stupidity.  Please don't reply.  Reading your posts with constant baseless claims is enough for one week.  Done with this.  Enjoy your absurdity.  The articles were posted that definitively say what kind of extensive restrictions would have had to be done if they stayed and didn't return home., but you, of course, ignore and baselessly claim itr is about cheapness.  Bit, do you enjoy being a monotonous one-note song?

• Upvote 1