Could the Jets get a new stadium

I'll start this off with I have heard of no rumors and this is more wishful thinking on my part. My thoughts recently are the result of being in lockdown for a year and practicing jiu jitsu on my dog. The cost of a move is probably too high. I'm just wondering what your opinion on this is.  Am I crazy or are you saying there's a chance (Jim Carrey voice..Dumb & Dumber). I was super annoyed we didn't build in NYC (obligatory fck James Dolan) and settled for our current situation.  I just had a thought that if we do get Trevor and start fresh what better way to excite a fan base, other than new uniforms again hopefully, is a new stadium.  With all the news of an exodus out of NYC because of COVID and other things, commercial real estate and locations available for the Jets might be way cheaper and more available than the last time we looked.  The first chance to get out of the lease is in 2025, but the Jets have to give notice by 2024, which is not far away if you have to plan, fundraise, etc.   

The two teams formed the New Meadowlands Stadium Company, LLC (now MetLife Stadium Company), a 50/50 joint venture, to build and operate the stadium. The two teams leased the parcel of land on which the stadium stands from the NJSEA for a 25-year term, with options to extend it which could eventually reach 97 years. After the 15th year of the lease, and every five years, hence; one of the two teams may opt out of the lease after giving the state 12 months notice. The first such opportunity to opt out will occur in 2025 with a notice date of 2024. There will then be an opportunity to opt out in 2030, 2035, 2040, etc... However, if one team leaves for a new stadium, the other team would have to remain for the remainder of the lease. Based on the teams' histories, this clause presumably allows the Jets to eventually decide they want to play in their own stadium and leave if they can find a way to finance it. However, the high cost of building and relocating to a new stadium makes this very unlikely (although the Jets have relocated their facilities to Florham Park, New Jersey). The teams also get parking revenue from the Meadowlands' western parking lots year round, even when there are no events at the stadium (this would occur when other parts of the Meadowlands host events).[23]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MetLife_Stadium

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think it'll ever happen but New York City deserves for our Jets to one day return back home to Queens. 

These videos make me emotionally sad only because my Grandfather was once a season ticket holder for years on end before I was born and used to tell me and my older brother stories of his Jets @ Shea Stadium and once they were stolen from Queens (as he once used to say) he refused to ever attend another Jet game in person (would only watch on TV). He was truly heartbroken over it and was there and in attendance for the Jets last game @ Shea and it's true; a piece of him died (as a Jets fan) on that day once his Jets left Queens (forever). He once threw away my Hess trucks as a kid (replaced them with Pepsi one's) lol one of my favorite memories of that man love you grandpa. 

gettyimages-666328088-612x612.jpg.67f6255e46fc8701605b56b0d60b45c0.jpg

Baseball field and smaller capacity or not I'd love to one day share a stadium with the Mets (rather than the Giants). 

#BringNYJBackToQueens. 

#NYJWasStolenFromUs. 

Would be amazing for the Giants to return home too to either Manhattan (Polo Grounds) or Yankee stadium in the Bronx; I'd love it for NYC to return both teams. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Another epic ownership failure.

By the way, LOL at the thought of moving back to Queens. First of all, Queens is garbage. No one wants to be there except people from Queens. Convenient only for Long Island, which is not where most Jets fans live any more. Second of all, Queens is not the Jets "home". When the franchise was established, they played their games in Manhattan at the Polo Grounds. They spent 20 years in their 2nd place in Queens but have since been in NJ for 36 years. Their rightful "home" is Manhattan. The West Side Stadium could have been had with competent ownership to maneuver the political nonsense that occurred.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Another epic ownership failure.

By the way, LOL at the thought of moving back to Queens. First of all, Queens is garbage. No one wants to be there except people from Queens. Convenient only for Long Island, which is not where most Jets fans live any more. Second of all, Queens is not the Jets "home". When the franchise was established, they played their games in Manhattan at the Polo Grounds. They spent 20 years in their 2nd place in Queens but have since been in NJ for 36 years. Their rightful "home" is Manhattan. The West Side Stadium could have been had with competent ownership to maneuver the political nonsense that occurred.

NY Jets are named after the planes that came into LaGuardia flying right over Shea Stadium.  That is their true home.  The NY Titans played at the Polo Grounds.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

And if you compare it to the other modern stadiums, it will make you even more sad. 

I can go on forever. This stadium was a complete failure.  

I know its unreal.

Off top of my head I can only think of Soldier Filed, and whatever the heck name of the stadiums Carolina and Washington play in as arguably worse. And those were all built years before Metlife.

A complete joke.

9 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

I know its unreal.

Off top of my head I can only think of Soldier Filed, and whatever the heck name of the stadiums Carolina and Washington play in as arguably worse. And those were all built years before Metlife.

A complete joke.

I agree but at least those stadiums have home-field advantage. Our stadium attendance is great but that’s because 30% of that are fans from the opposition. 

I’ve dreamed of a new stadium in NY my entire life. It’s just not happening. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

I agree but at least those stadiums have home-field advantage. Our stadium attendance is great but that’s because 30% of that are fans from the opposition. 

I’ve dreamed of a new stadium in NY my entire life. It’s just not happening. 

Yeah. Its doubly hard in NYC. We are the most populated city in the country. Tons of bandwagon fans from other teams live here. Tons of tourists who want to go to the games as an event. Thus, unless you are a contender, the crap stadium will have 50% of opposing fans any given game, and we haven't been a contender in basically a decade.

• Upvote 1

I grew up in NJ, live on LI now.  Far more enthusiasm for football in NJ than on LI at all levels.  Notice that most of the Jet fans on the Island seem on the older side.  A lot more Jet fans live in Jersey now.  A move to Queens/Nassau maybe would have made sense 15-20 years ago, but not now.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ruby2 said:

Jax and TB's stadiums also pretty terrible looking but again built many years before.

San Fran stadium looks pretty lame. Pretty funny how liberal coastal elite citys get you terrible stadiums, lol

You should take a look at LA's stadium.

Just now, SAR I said:

They should.  Because they only get to see it on TV.

The complainers don't go to games so we don't care what they think of a stadium they don't visit.

SAR I

We do go to games and we went to a helluva a lot more games than you will ever attend in your  lifetime. 

Regardless of opponent, record,game time, weather we didn't sell out our tickets on the internet to opposing teams fans. 

joewilly12

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Lol, I was scrolling with anticipation of your first post in this thread. 

Build it next to Citi Field! Both the Mets and Jets franchises take flight.

How awesome would it be for the NFL if both teams returned home with Jets moving back to Queens and the Giants moving back to the Bronx?!? 

And I always wondered, before the Jets moving to NJ who did NJ natives root for in football while both the Jets/Giants were in N.Y?

Because I know as Nets fans they never loved the Knicks and as Devils fans they hated the Rangers etc

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And I always wondered, before the Jets moving to NJ who did NJ natives root for in football while both the Jets/Giants were in N.Y?

Because I know as Nets fans they never loved the Knicks and as Devils fans they hated the Rangers etc

Philly? ??‍♂️