Could the Jets get a new stadium

14 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Don't give up on 2026. 

1_4yX4KHr5hxhW92IVl-nVww@2x.thumb.jpeg.c18f824e19876bb49774d242a591a29b.jpeg

Yep, would have been much better than the Swamplands stadium, and I don't even live up there anymore...

I knew when I started reading this post, it would bring out the rath or SAR lmao...

14 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Don't give up on 2026. 

1_4yX4KHr5hxhW92IVl-nVww@2x.thumb.jpeg.c18f824e19876bb49774d242a591a29b.jpeg

God that stadium design was epic! I was so excited to think we might have our own stadium. Like the Raiders in Vegas a Manhattan stadium would have very convenient for people visiting the city that want to go to an NFL game. And it most certainly would have given the Jets a better platform to form a new fresh identity in the NFL. Oh well. 

I love how this argument always comebacks to the “woody is a horrible owner” argument. Meanwhile the politician who single handedly killed the WSS was so corrupt he is literally sitting in a Federal prison as I type this right now.  But yeah...it was ALL woody’s fault. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jetster said:

God that stadium design was epic! I was so excited to think we might have our own stadium. Like the Raiders in Vegas a Manhattan stadium would have very convenient for people visiting the city that want to go to an NFL game. And it most certainly would have given the Jets a better platform to form a new fresh identity in the NFL. Oh well. 

Never lose hope. 

2026 New Jets Stadium (In Queens)

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Ghost said:

And if you compare it to the other modern stadiums, it will make you even more sad. 

I can go on forever. This stadium was a complete failure.  

You can thank local Unions for why you get to watch the Jets in a large Air conditioner while in Texas (non union state), for about the same money Jerry Jones built one of the most beautiful sports stadiums ever built! It's like one of the 7 wonders of the world ?. Many free agents don't want to be in NJ either when they can go to states with no income tax, or crazy high cost of living. The same reason why Michigan can't compete with the SEC teams whose recruits would rather play in nice warm welcoming SC, FL, instead of a cold sh*thole like Michigan. 

350,000 people have moved out of NY & NJ since March, I know because I live on the coast of SC, and my newest neighbors are from NJ, 2 of them, 1 from Long Island, every house that gets built has 3 offers on them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Another epic ownership failure.

By the way, LOL at the thought of moving back to Queens. First of all, Queens is garbage. No one wants to be there except people from Queens. Convenient only for Long Island, which is not where most Jets fans live any more. Second of all, Queens is not the Jets "home". When the franchise was established, they played their games in Manhattan at the Polo Grounds. They spent 20 years in their 2nd place in Queens but have since been in NJ for 36 years. Their rightful "home" is Manhattan. The West Side Stadium could have been had with competent ownership to maneuver the political nonsense that occurred.

The "Jets".never played in the Polo Grounds.  The Titans did, the Jets home was Shea.

I had season tix at Shea and nothing was like a big, crazy, home game there.  The seats shook, the lower sections rocked and it was loud, windy and ugly.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

You can thank local Unions for why you get to watch the Jets in a large Air conditioner while in Texas (non union state), for about the same money Jerry Jones built one of the most beautiful sports stadiums ever built! It's like one of the 7 wonders of the world ?. Many free agents don't want to be in NJ either when they can go to states with no income tax, or crazy high cost of living. The same reason why Michigan can't compete with the SEC teams whose recruits would rather play in nice warm welcoming SC, FL, instead of a cold sh*thole like Michigan. 

350,000 people have moved out of NY & NJ since March, I know because I live on the coast of SC, and my newest neighbors are from NJ, 2 of them, 1 from Long Island, every house that gets built has 3 offers on them. 

Lol.. and yet NYC is still a boom town construction wise. How much office space do Fortune 500 companies have in South Carolina?

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Lol.. and yet NYC is still a boom town construction wise. How much office space do Fortune 500 companies have in South Carolina?

NYC is a goddamn ghost town. And by ghost town, I mean comparable to other US cities pre Pandemic. But for NYC that is just shocking. My company just bought space in Miami... Goldman Sachs and JP mulling other locations.... countless California enterprises leaving. NYC and LA will neve truly die, and other areas will never get office space like NYC, but things are shifting.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

NYC is a goddamn ghost town. And by ghost town, I mean comparable to other US cities pre Pandemic. But for NYC that is just shocking. My company just bought space in Miami... Goldman Sachs and JP mulling other locations.... countless California enterprises leaving. NYC and LA will neve truly die, and other areas will never get office space like NYC, but things are shifting.

I'm work in NYC everyday, it's not as drastic as you are making it out to be. I work for one of the largest general contractors in NYC. New projects has slowed of course, but we're filled up 100% for 2021, and already most of 2022. With the vaccine now becoming available, the industry expectations are new projects for 2022 and beyond will pick up. All of this is temporary.

Obviously it has hit the bar and restaurant industry more than any other sector... I feel for those people. Government has done next to nothing to help them, and that's shameful.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

The unions are not the reason the WSS was not built.  James Dolan paid off the right guys to get it stopped (Silver & Bruno).  That's it. That's the reason.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

I'm work in NYC everyday, it's not as drastic as you are making it out to be. I work for one of the largest general contractors in NYC. New projects has slowed of course, but we're filled up 100% for 2021, and already most of 2022. With the vaccine now becoming available, the industry expectations are new projects for 2022 and beyond will pick up. All of this is temporary.

Obviously it has hit the bar and restaurant industry more than any other sector... I feel for those people. Government has done next to nothing to help them, and that's shameful.

Im in 2-3 times a week. Midtown is drastically different but i agree, I was being hyperbolic. It is weird to see it now though in comparison to the human sea of people it was before. Thats good news that your project are filling up, I am no doubt sure there will be a big rebound probably starting in Q2 and then through the rest of the year for office space and people coming back to the city. I agree it is temporary, but some of the things that have been exposed this pandemic regarding NYC cost of living/doing business/government ineffectiveness, etc.... people aren't forgetting that, and many are choosing to go elsewhere. It is going to take years for NYC to ever be fully back imo. Electing a competent, non identity politics based mayor would be a really really good start. 

29 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Boom town? The only way NYC gets back on its feet is if the rest of the country bails out your idiot mayor. Do you know how much of a deficit NY will be in without those small business taxes coming in because of the shutdowns? Your already at a tipping point trying to pay huge pensions that have grown to unsustainable figures as it is. That's why they keep raising your taxes, pensions & infrastructure (union jobs) are top dollar items that keep getting more expensive, more populated as the population ages, and with the riots ect. you had the highest number of people retire in 2020 than ever before (all with cushy pensions). Now you'll have to have new hires, be paying for tens of thousands of people retired who are no longer contributing to your tax base if they leave the state for southern climates. 

The sh*t is finally hitting the proverbial fan in the Northeast. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I doubt it happens. The bar has been set extremely high now by Las Vegas and LA. The Jets can't build another giant AC unit. 

Houston, Dallas, Indianapolis, and Arizona all had their technologically advanced domed stadiums up and running before MetLife was erected and neither Mara or Johnson cared.  They believe in open air stadiums and that changes everything.  When people are bundled up in bulky coats for half the season they're not concerned about fancy restaurants and color-coordinated wall decor.

We have a great homefield advantage in a division with a warm weather team and two open-air cold weather teams, building a dome would be the dumbest competitive decision we could ever make.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Boom town? The only way NYC gets back on its feet is if the rest of the country bails out your idiot mayor. Do you know how much of a deficit NY will be in without those small business taxes coming in because of the shutdowns? Your already at a tipping point trying to pay huge pensions that have grown to unsustainable figures as it is. That's why they keep raising your taxes, pensions & infrastructure (union jobs) are top dollar items that keep getting more expensive, more populated as the population ages, and with the riots ect. you had the highest number of people retire in 2020 than ever before (all with cushy pensions). Now you'll have to have new hires, be paying for tens of thousands of people retired who are no longer contributing to your tax base if they leave the state for southern climates. 

The sh*t is finally hitting the proverbial fan in the Northeast. 

NYC needs to be bailed out by the rest of the country is dumbest sh*t ever uttered on here. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/nyregion/facebook-nyc-office-farley-building.html

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

You all would have hated the WSS the second you saw what parking or a hot dog cost.

Exactly.  They forget:

No parking.
No tailgating.
Fewer concessions.
Fewer bathrooms.
Long mass transit lines.
Multiple train transfers.
Enormous amount of corporate fans.
Enormous amount of tourist fans.
25,000 fewer seats leading to ticket shortages.
Ticket prices 30%-40% higher.

SAR I

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.  They forget:

No parking.
No tailgating.
Fewer concessions.
Fewer bathrooms.
Long mass transit lines.
Multiple train transfers.
Enormous amount of corporate fans.
Enormous amount of tourist fans.
25,000 fewer seats leading to ticket shortages.
Ticket prices 30%-40% higher.

SAR I

Bring it on. 

Only the strong survive. 

(SOR I casm) 

joewilly12

38 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Houston, Dallas, Indianapolis, and Arizona all had their technologically advanced domed stadiums up and running before MetLife was erected and neither Mara or Johnson cared.  They believe in open air stadiums and that changes everything.  When people are bundled up in bulky coats for half the season they're not concerned about fancy restaurants and color-coordinated wall decor.

We have a great homefield advantage in a division with a warm weather team and two open-air cold weather teams, building a dome would be the dumbest competitive decision we could ever make.

SAR I

I agree but the stadium is ugly. They didn't ha E to make it look line a stack of DVD's or a home AC unit. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I agree but the stadium is ugly. They didn't ha E to make it look line a stack of DVD's or a home AC unit. 

Agreed. I like an outdoor stadium, I dont even mind that is in Jersey, but why in 2010 do you build a stadium to make it look like it was built in 1970. Thats the mind dumbing part. 

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The outside is non discrete.  Nothing memorable.  Once inside youre in a modern day stadium.  I still dont get the big deal to people who care about wings on the outside or whatever they wish we had.  Ive been to NE, Pitt, Philly, Cincy, Cleveland, Miami, Tampa, I dont wish I was in any of those stadiums, dont know what anyone wants once they sit down to enjoy a game.  

Instead of the mindless, obligatory thumbs down, how about an explanation how what I said is wrong 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

staddesign.jpg

It looks like a skyscraper.  75% of the buildings in Manhattan are aluminum, louvered, etc.

And because the Jets and Giants share it, they wanted to make it out of a reflective material that could change color depending on who is playing there.  It's very innovative, very modern, very Manhattan.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Agreed. I like an outdoor stadium, I dont even mind that is in Jersey, but why in 2010 do you build a stadium to make it look like it was built in 1970. Thats the mind dumbing part. 

newjerseyjets.jpg

It looks great, there is nothing to complain about.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

The outside is non discrete.  Nothing memorable.  Once inside youre in a modern day stadium.  I still dont get the big deal to people who care about wings on the outside or whatever they wish we had.  Ive been to NE, Pitt, Philly, Cincy, Cleveland, Miami, Tampa, I dont wish I was in any of those stadiums, dont know what anyone wants once they sit down to enjoy a game.  

I think it is the symmetrical bowl structure. Just so unimaginative, no atmosphere what so ever. And I know people will be like wth that doesnt matter, but it totally does.

Look at some of the amazing CFB stadiums, Penn State, Clemson, LSU, you can go on and on. They look epic, and help create a home field that gives your team an advantage.

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

newjerseyjets.jpg

It looks great, there is nothing to complain about.

SAR I

It looks like the old Philly's, Pirates, Reds, any of those awful symetrical baseball fields built in the 70's.

They rebuilt Giants stadium, and made it even lamer looking. Its an absolute disgrace.