Could the Jets get a new stadium

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

staddesign.jpg

It looks like a skyscraper.  75% of the buildings in Manhattan are aluminum, louvered, etc.

And because the Jets and Giants share it, they wanted to make it out of a reflective material that could change color depending on who is playing there.  It's very innovative, very modern, very Manhattan.

SAR I

OMG. Are you now deluded about NYC architecture as well as Gase. Go look at Hudson Yards and tell me howmany buildings look like that. I will even go one further, look at Waterline Sq. A residential complex on the UWS. That is NYC architecture 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

OMG. Are you now deluded about NYC architecture as well as Gase. Go look at Hudson Yards and tell me howmany buildings look like that. I will even go one further, look at Waterline Sq. A residential complex on the UWS. That is NYC architecture 

MetLife is cheap shoddy spend less money architecture and construction. 

2 NFL teams 20 home games counting pre-season. 

This stadium should have been the mecca of NFL stadiums around the league. 

I've been to at least half the NFL stadiums at this point.  They're all essentially non-memorable warehouses where you pay for a seat to watch a football game.  New Orleans was cool because it was really loud.  I enjoyed getting my picture taken with a pirate in Tampa Bay.  Otherwise, whatever.  Sat in my seat, and generally watched the Jets lose.  All this talk of architecture and design from a populous who still wears green sweatshirts from the early 80s with years of stains built up is just whining and insecurity.

Sit in your seat, cheer for the Jets, if they're good you'll be happy.  If not, hopefully you had fun with your family and/or friends.  Honestly, give it a rest with the architecture.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

I've been to at least half the NFL stadiums at this point.  They're all essentially non-memorable warehouses where you pay for a seat to watch a football game.  New Orleans was cool because it was really loud.  I enjoyed getting my picture taken with a pirate in Tampa Bay.  Otherwise, whatever.  Sat in my seat, and generally watched the Jets lose.  All this talk of architecture and design from a populous who still wears green sweatshirts from the early 80s with years of stains built up on them is just whining and insecurity.

Sit in your seat, cheer for the Jets, if they're good you'll be happy.  If not, hopefully you had fun with your family and/or friends.  Honestly, give it a rest with the architecture.

Or, some people could care about it, even if you personally don't. You think its fine and doesn' matter, that's great, Im not going to tell you your wrong for thinking that. A lot of others think differently, it is what it is.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Or, some people could care about it, even if you personally don't. You think its fine and doesn' matter, that's great, Im not going to tell you your wrong for thinking that. A lot of others think differently, it is what it is.

I wish we had a prettier stadium isn’t a real complaint.  It’s just Jet fan insecurity.  Or do you also pick what theater you watch a movie in based on aesthetics?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I wish we had a prettier stadium isn’t a real complaint.  It’s just Jet fan insecurity.  Or do you also pick what theater you watch a movie in based on aesthetics?

I've as much just like you have.  Once inside, seated in your seat these new stadiums are all similar.  The point is to sit and enjoy the game.  I keep hearing that a cool outside of the building adds to the home field advantage or by saying all the countless stadiums I've been to are all pretty much the same gets a neg rep for some reason.  I dont get the insecurity of wanting the outside of the stadium to look like a space ship that crash landed 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

It kinda is though but whatever

it’s all related. sh*tty team, sh*tty uniforms, sh*tty stadium. This franchise has nothing at all to be proud of. It’s a shame. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Morrissey said:

NYC needs to be bailed out by the rest of the country is dumbest sh*t ever uttered on here. 

Yea, where’s the money coming from genius? Tell me, I want to hear. All your state workers haven’t missed a paycheck, no one is on the roads (at least 50% cut) in tolls ect. No tax from restaurant liquor sss as sales which is a tremendous amount, all those lost service jobs not paying taxes, the unemployment had run out, and most of those people wif not back to work won’t have the money to pay the tax on their unemployment payments! 
So, you tell me where the money is coming from? Landlords aren’t able to rent & have the income to pay property taxes, companies have emptied out office buildings, so they can’t pay those taxes, it’s a huge ripple affect & if you think for 1 second that NY is flush with cash & somewhere has this huge surplus their going to reach into you have no idea how economics work. Why do you think Deblasio is already talking about a bailout?