The real reasons BB will NOT "tank" any games.

Jet_Engine1

I agree. Belly would rather cheat to win rather than to ever lose on purpose. 

Bill Belichick can enjoy his little future (tainted) 348 wins ******record****** etc

but it won't last long; before Andy Reid passes him. 

3rd All-Time: Bill has 310 *wins*. 

5th All-Time: Reid has 234 wins. 

Andy Reid may trail Belichick by 76 wins however Andy is 6 years younger than the Hoodie and he's now riding the race horse of a prime Patrick Mahomes who's only 25 years of age. 

3000.thumb.jpeg.af651aa91907278af4110630ded8926d.jpeg

Andy Reid is a much better coach than Bill (who's nothing more than a fraud with a career losing record without Brady). 

Bill Belichick (without Tom Brady)

?

130 games coached (8.1 years).

Losing record of 60-70 (.428%).

Andy Reid, unlike Bill (who can't win games without Brady) wins with EVERYONE

Andy Reid (including playoffs). 

101-56-1 with Donovan McNabb (.639%). 

6-2 with Jeff Garcia (.750%). 

51-30 with Alex Smith (.629%). 

40-9 with Patrick Mahomes (.816%). 

Andy Reid is a man who Shula would be proud of breaking his record from up above (and wouldn't consider a cheat to him). 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I agree. Belly would rather cheat to win rather than ever losing on purpose. 

Bill Belichick can enjoy his future 348 wins record etc but it won't last long; before Andy Reid passes him. 

Andy Reid may trail Belichick by 76 wins however Andy is 6 years younger than the Hoodie and he's now riding the race horse of a prime Patrick Mahomes who's only 25 years of age. 

Andy Reid is a much better coach than Bill (who's a fraud with a career losing record without Brady). 

Bill Belichick (without Tom Brady?

5-1 with Jeff Garcia (.833%). 

Great post. I believe it was less than a week after Woody extended both Rex and Idzik after another great 8-8 season that the Eagles fired Reid. Hope he learned from his mistake if Pederson gets the axe in 3 weeks.

• Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, section314 said:

Great post. I believe it was less than a week after Woody extended both Rex and Idzik after another great 8-8 season that the Eagles fired Reid. Hope he learned from his mistake if Pederson gets the axe in 3 weeks.

I'll never respect Bill as a future HOF coach and mainly because of Spygate; I believe he's a tainted coach. 

I'm hoping Bill misses the playoffs this year while Tom Brady wins another SB this year; in order to completely destroy and tarnish Bill's legacy (forever).

Growing up throughout the entire 90's as an NYK fan with Starks, Mason, Oak and #33 I hated Jordan as a player and still to this day never owned a pair of J's. But I appreciated his greatness (now looking back) and always tell my daughter (plays little league basketball) that I got to witness the greatest competitor of All-time (from the opposite end of the spectrum). 

And one day (looking back) as Jet fans o believe we'll appreciate Brady's greatness on the football field because we witnessed MJ type of greatness from the opposite end of the spectrum (he literally saved Bill's coaching career after Cleveland and his first season in N.E going 5-11 (and then, Brady happened). 

You see. 

130 games coached isn't a small sample size without Brady (it's 8.1 years worth of coaching).

He has a career losing record without Brady of 60-70 (.428%).

He's a little bit better than ADAM GASE (without Brady). 

He's a complete fraud and I'm hoping Brady ruins his entire tainted legacy this year. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Anyone who thinks BB will lose to the 0-15 NY Jets is crazy. 

^this.  It is NOT in BB's blood to lose to the NY Jets, even if losing to the NY Jets would greatly harm the NY Jets.  

I also agree that BB has the all-time wins for a HC set in his sights.  That would be the most impressive feat of all, so yes, he's gunning for 40 more wins and its going to take 5+ years to do so.

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

NSRoute347.PNG.128423aeb090c209602db75006dc8abc.PNG

That is how many Career Wins Don Shula, the winningest coach in NFL History has.

Billichick stands at 308, at 68 years old. 

. Shula talked sh*t about Billichick CONSTANTLY.  Called him Bellicheat in interviews, said he was proud of winning "the right way, as opposed to the "Bellicheat way". Going back to 2006, Shula was sh*tting on BB and the Pats, and we ALL know how vindictive BB is. The Jets are old news. He spent 20 years humiliating the Jets, now its about bigger things. Legacy things. 

Seems like the Don's memory wasn't real sharp.   What was it Jan 1983, "The Mud Bowl"

08.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

That is how many Career Wins Don Shula, the winningest coach in NFL History has.

Bill has one thing left, one record left to conquer...Shulas win total.

Thats why he'll coach for 5 more years, and without Brady, it gets harder. Every win is important.  Why do you think he wanted to keep Garoppolo so bad? Brady was getting old  and he had the next guy in place  but Brady and Kraft f'ed him over on that one. So now its a grind. He's not throwing away games at this point.

And here's the thing about this whole thing - Billichick HATES SHULA. Sure, he said all the right stuff publicly when Don died, but he HATES HIM. Shula talked sh*t about Billichick CONSTANTLY.  Called him Bellicheat in interviews, said he was proud of winning "the right way, as opposed to the "Bellicheat way". Going back to 2006, Shula was sh*tting on BB and the Pats, and we ALL know how vindictive BB is. The Jets are old news. He spent 20 years humiliating the Jets, now its about bigger things. Legacy things. 

2. He doesn’t care about Trevor Lawrence.  BB spent the last 4 decades minimizing and confounding the best Quarterbacks in Football history. Montana. Young. Elway. Favre. Manning. Roethlisberger. Yes, even Mahomes. You think BB is actually losing sleep about a College QB that hasn't technically even declared yet? Really? LOL. You think he's going to publicly CONCEDE that he's "Afraid" of Trevor Lawrence? LOL  Sure. 

3. He doesn't care about the Pats or the AFC East after him. Its about HIM. ALL about him. He couldn't wait to get rid of Brady, but Kraft took Brady side. BB forgets nothing. He will scorch the Earth on the way out if he has to, as long as HE walks out with 348 wins. 

There you go  @bla bla bla. Take a deep breath.  

My fear is more that they start Stidham to "see what they have for the future" more than BB tanking the game haha. Although Stidham may be an upgrade over Cam haha. I think it's a game he won't necessarily care if he gets because 

1) you test out a young guy that you think may get you more wins

2) its the potentially 0-15 Jets so he doesn't have to fear too much with the young gun

3) if Stidham fails and the Pats lose then he can use that as an excuse to move on from him.

I hope it just doesn't come down to week 17 haha a Jags win will give me far more peace of mind ?

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I agree. Belly would rather cheat to win rather than to ever lose on purpose. 

Bill Belichick can enjoy his little future (tainted) 348 wins ******record****** etc

but it won't last long; before Andy Reid passes him. 

Andy Reid is a much better coach than Bill (who's nothing more than a fraud with a career losing record without Brady). 

Bill Belichick (without Tom Brady)

?

6-2 with Jeff Garcia (.750%). 

Andy Reid is a man who Shula would be proud of breaking his record from up above (and wouldn't consider a cheat to him). 

But Andy Reid is way closer to death than BB.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Thats why he'll coach for 5 more years, and without Brady, it gets harder. Every win is important.  Why do you think he wanted to keep Garoppolo so bad? Brady was getting old  and he had the next guy in place  but Brady and Kraft f'ed him over on that one. So now its a grind. He's not throwing away games at this point.

And here's the thing about this whole thing - Billichick HATES SHULA. Sure, he said all the right stuff publicly when Don died, but he HATES HIM. Shula talked sh*t about Billichick CONSTANTLY.  Called him Bellicheat in interviews, said he was proud of winning "the right way, as opposed to the "Bellicheat way". Going back to 2006, Shula was sh*tting on BB and the Pats, and we ALL know how vindictive BB is. The Jets are old news. He spent 20 years humiliating the Jets, now its about bigger things. Legacy things. 

2. He doesn’t care about Trevor Lawrence.  BB spent the last 4 decades minimizing and confounding the best Quarterbacks in Football history. Montana. Young. Elway. Favre. Manning. Roethlisberger. Yes, even Mahomes. You think BB is actually losing sleep about a College QB that hasn't technically even declared yet? Really? LOL. You think he's going to publicly CONCEDE that he's "Afraid" of Trevor Lawrence? LOL  Sure. 

3. He doesn't care about the Pats or the AFC East after him. Its about HIM. ALL about him. He couldn't wait to get rid of Brady, but Kraft took Brady side. BB forgets nothing. He will scorch the Earth on the way out if he has to, as long as HE walks out with 348 wins. 

ANDDDDDDDDDDD just like Don, they involved alotttttttttttttttttttttttt of cheating to get those wins.

F&*( 'em both with a crooked broom stick!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Just a note on this.  Brady won him 47 games in the 4 years after Jimmy G left.  In that same timespan, Garoppolo won 22 games partly because he couldn't stay on the field and partly because he just wasn't as good as we thought he was for one year.  And one could argue that SF was a better team than NE for much of that time.

So I think, in retrospect, that worked out rather well for BB.

• Upvote 1

As I said in another thread, all of this is nonsense but it won;t stop the media and some paranoid fans from talking about it.

If the pats win "Belli would never tank a game to the jets he always wants to win!  He is awesome sauce!"

If the pats lose "Belli is a shrewd genius that tanked the game to screw the jets and not have to face Lawrence all the time!  He is awesome sauce!"

The reality of the situation:

Belli's awful drafting and Gming has finally come back to bite him in the ass post Brady and the Pats could legit lose to an awful awful jets team because the pats have no QB's at all and few weapons.

• Upvote 1

This is why I want the Jags to win week 16 vs. the Bears.  So we can have ONE game this year where we are rooting for a Jets victory and some good performances from the young guys.  

Honestly, and I really mean this, if the Jags beat the Bears, the Jets should fire Gase the following day and let someone else (Boyer?) coach the last game.  CJ would never do it, but a man can dream.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Just a note on this.  Brady won him 47 games in the 4 years after Jimmy G left.  In that same timespan, Garoppolo won 22 games partly because he couldn't stay on the field and partly because he just wasn't as good as we thought he was for one year.  And one could argue that SF was a better team than NE for much of that time.

So I think, in retrospect, that worked out rather well for BB.

mike birbiglia regret GIF by Birbiglia GIFs

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Dont think Reid is getting there.  

Shula was a cheating bastard just like Belichick, we shouldnt  care who he would proud to be passed up by.

F them both

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, nycdan said:

we can have ONE game this year where we are rooting for a Jets victory

Would be nice. I’d say that dating back to the year before Sam, I’ve probably only actively rooted for the Jets to win around 10 times. That’s around 10 out of 60 games over a 4 year stretch. Even while I’m actively hoping for losses because I know it gives the team the best shot at being better over the long term, even I’m ashamed to call myself a fan at this point.

It’s miserable, and it’s why I’ve probably only pieced together a total of around 30 viewing hours over that span. Just too much else to do and enjoy rather than spending my time on these morons.

Getting a real HC, OC and QBC would go a long way towards bringing me back into the fold a bit. Getting Lawrence would be nice too, but it won’t mean anything if we retain Gase or replace him with other garbage.

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

And here's the thing about this whole thing - Billichick HATES SHULA. Sure, he said all the right stuff publicly when Don died, but he HATES HIM. Shula talked sh*t about Billichick CONSTANTLY.  Called him Bellicheat in interviews, said he was proud of winning "the right way, as opposed to the "Bellicheat way". Going back to 2006, Shula was sh*tting on BB and the Pats, and we ALL know how vindictive BB is. 

Two cheating bastards who deserved each other, hating each other.  Kind of comical

• Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, nycdan said:

This is why I want the Jags to win week 16 vs. the Bears.  So we can have ONE game this year where we are rooting for a Jets victory and some good performances from the young guys.  

Been saying it for weeks. Give the Jags a win before week 17 so I can have one normal weekend, rooting for the Jets, rooting for not just a win but a beatdown as if it could make up for the 15 miserable weeks before it

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Been saying it for weeks. Give the Jags a win before week 17 so I can have one normal weekend, rooting for the Jets, rooting for not just a win but a beatdown as if it could make up for the 15 miserable weeks before it

Come April, this will make up for even 16 miserable weeks...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Again, Bellichick is smarter than all of us. 

If he needs to win 40ish more games which is better for that goal:

1- Win one game against the Jets at the end of the year and then be forced to beat a Trevor Lawrence lead Jets the next 4-5 years

2- Give away 1 measly loss but force the Jets to play without an elite franchise QB. 

If I am Bill, i give away 1 loss and make my path to 2 wins a year (vs the Jets) that much easier the next few years. 

I appreciate and respect the OP’s analysis and think it is probably correct.

But Chris and JD need to do whatever they can to ensure that the Jets lose week 17 unless for some reason they already won and are not playing for Trevor.  i think they would be guaranteed the 2 pick anyway.  

i really don't care if the bellichicken gets the win record or not.  what i think is the bellichicken has been so wrapped in the history of the jets that the fans just see red when discussing him.  i suppose you can look at his sub 500 record without brady at qb and notpick his greatness as a coach but there were also plenty of reasons why the browns didn't win like kosar being finished or the modells being sh&&ty owners and so on.  winning coaches just don't win on their own, they help from the personnel they get and the whole attitude of their employers.  if reid were in the afce he'd be disliked just as much as bellichicken.

andy reid?  really good coach.  he's been successful with two teams and 3 qbs.  that puts him right up there with joe gibbs and even parcells for being able to win with other teams, players and qbs.  the same can be said of shula although he was never quite able to win the show with those marino doltfins.