(12-19-2020) NCAA Conference Championship Game Thread (the weekend we've all been waiting for)

12 minutes ago, section314 said:

I am a big boy and I can take my punishment. You and I went back and forth last week on this game. I thought ND would do it again, and you were adamant that this was gonna happen. That said, like Kevin Bacon in Animal House, “ please sir, may I have another?”?Good call?

lol all good man I remember you wanting to place a charity bet (was just busting my chops) but yeah man this kid is for real and just makes his teammates so much better 

• Sympathy 1

Big ND fan since forever going back to the mid 60's with Hanratty and Theisman.  They were elite back then.  For years they have been average since they just cant get a top QB prospect for so many years. Ian Book sucks.  Their qb's have sucked for years.  It's always the difference when ND play the big dogs for a championship. Hard to go against ND today but I was rooting for Trevor bigtime today and he showed just why he is Generation Jet.  

genjet.jpgPS - if you notice the paw over the dog's head there, that's the Clemson insignia.  No coincidence.  It has been written.  

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

Big ND fan since forever going back to the mid 60's with Hanratty and Theisman.  They were elite back then.  For years they have been average since they just cant get a top QB prospect for so many years. Ian Book sucks.  Their qb's have sucked for years.  It's always the difference when ND play the big dogs for a championship. Hard to go against ND today but I was rooting for Trevor bigtime today and he showed just why he is Generation Jet.  

genjet.jpg

Agreed this surprises no real ND fan we know who Ian Book really is. He did what he always does crumble in the big games

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

genjet.jpgPS - if you notice the paw over the dog's head there, that's the Clemson insignia.  No coincidence.  It has been written.  

Yeah man I remember 2018 the first time I ever watched him play live against my FSU defense and I knew he was the #1 rated QB coming out of High School but I couldn't believe what I was witnessing we had a very talented and athletic Defense full of Florida speed and he absolutely destroyed us going 20/37, 314 passing yards, 4 TDs/0 INTs etc and I knew right then and there that this kid was super special (and worthy of his #1 recruiting hype) and I've been hooked ever since and have watched every Clemson game dating back to Notre Dame and then Alabama of 2018 and haven't looked back. He's generational for real. 

We had better much better great FSU teams back then when Watson was @ Clemson but Watson never looked as good as Trevor did to me while Watson played us 3x throughout his career and had 3 TD passes (2 INTs) combined (throughout all 3 games vs FSU). 

I've never rooted for ACC teams before so pulling for Clemson because of Lawrence has been a first for me too. Never rooted for Jet loses before either another first for me. 

• Upvote 1

So this was the first Clemson game I've watched start to finish this year. It seemed like Lawrence was throwing to wide open receivers most of the game. Didn't look like ND's secondary could run with the Clemson skill players. Are most games like this? I would have liked to see Lawrence have to hit some tight windows or show off his ball placement on passes to WRs facing strong coverage 

• Upvote 1

Just now, MichaelScott said:

So this was the first Clemson game I've watched start to finish this year. It seemed like Lawrence was throwing to wide open receivers most of the game. Didn't look like ND's secondary could run with the Clemson skill players. Are most games like this? I would have liked to see Lawrence have to hit some tight windows or show off his ball placement on passes to WRs facing strong coverage 

And my personal favorite:

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Barton said:

Lawrence is good but he's gonna need some fine tuning. His ball placement is not consistent. He's not the passing prospect coming out of college that Andrew Luck was. 

Ah oh, @Defense Wins Championships , what you got to say to this? Lol 

But yeah, even if his ball placement is an issue, that's easily fixable. Still the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck.