(12-19-2020) NCAA Conference Championship Game Thread (the weekend we've all been waiting for)

9 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

All this pizza talk is really strange if only because of coincidence. Tonight I had two pizzas delivered to my door, actually they were left INSIDE my place.

I live on the top floor of a house and there is a separate front (street) door that leads to a staircase that leads to the door to our apartment. It's never locked since the front door is the door we lock. I opened my apartment door (I was going outside) and found two pizzas just sitting there at the top of the staircase. No one rang the bell, no one knocked on the apartment door. They just left them there. 

There is one pizza place that delivers pizzas in these types of boxes and they have no record of a delivery that was close to matching my address. 

Needless to say, I didn't eat those pizzas. Sorry @The Crusher

So basically you just threw out my version of two naked chicks waiting in bed to have a threesome when you tossed out those pizzas. Congratulations, your the first person on my ignore list. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

So basically you just threw out my version of two naked chicks waiting in bed to have a threesome when you tossed out those pizzas. Congratulations, your the first person on my ignore list. 

I know you're not going to get this but I just wanted to say...I'm sorry. Can someone tell Crusher I'm sorry? At least let me know how he's doing. 

1 hour ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

So you are able to articulate thoughts without pictures. Go figure. 

I've got the doofus on ignore, what's he claiming?  That Dan Mullen is suddenly going to forget how to coach offense because he's losing Kyle Pitts?  lol  That's why he's on ignore, mind numbing stupid takes in addition to the scratch and sniff post.  The Gators offense played with out Pitts 3 times this year; they scored 63, 48 and 38 points., in those games they averaged 600 yards of total offense.  As a crazed ACC fan (lol) he should probably worry more about that school he couldnt get into but roots for because it's about to lose half their athletic program and is in complete shambles then the future (peep the recruiting class we have coming in, it includes a 6'7 beastly TE) of the SEC East Champs.

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

I've got the doofus on ignore, what's he claiming?  That Dan Mullen is suddenly going to forget how to coach offense because he's losing Kyle Pitts?  lol  That's why he's on ignore, mind numbing stupid takes in addition to the scratch and sniff post.  The Gators offense played with out Pitts 3 times this year; they scored 63, 48 and 38 points., in those games they averaged 600 yards of total offense.  As a crazed ACC fan (lol) he should probably worry more about that school he couldnt get into but roots for because it's about to lose half their athletic program and is in complete shambles then the future (peep the recruiting class we have coming in, it includes a 6'7 beastly TE) of the SEC East Champs.

Enjoy that SEC East Championship.  It was well deserved and well earned this year.  Best team in the Division won.  But make no mistake, it is simply on loan to you this year.  It will be back where it belongs in 2021.

• Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Lith said:

Enjoy that SEC East Championship.  It was well deserved and well earned this year.  Best team in the Division won.  But make no mistake, it is simply on loan to you this year.  It will be back where it belongs in 2021.

Probably.  Turnover on offense, breaking in a new QB, etc.  Wouldnt surprise me if this goes back your way next year, although, you guys will be breaking in a basically a brand new secondary too...should be fun for years to come.  While we're not at your level on the recruiting trails yet, we're starting to nip at the heels a bit. 

I was watching the game with my best bud (UGA alum) and we were talking about the state of each program.  The only thing I'd worry about if I were you is (and I know it's somewhat wishful thinking but not far off) but where we are at as a program, reminds me of the early days of Dabo.  Good recruiting classes, not great, animated relatable coach, sexy offense etc but once he landed Watson it's was the program changer.  I'm not saying we have that in Jones or Richardson but they give you that element that Trask does not and will allow Mullen to use the entire playbook.   Whereas, you guys remind me a bit of LSU under Miles.  Top 5 recruiting classes year after year, too D/Run oriented, etc.  Smart has to evolve the way Miles couldnt or you guys will be in the similar, stars have to align situation they were constantly in under Miles. 

I will say this, you were 100% right about 3rd down and Grantham.  My god does that guy make some of the most mind boggling calls.   I cant imagine the D being that bad 2 years in a row but I really think Mullen needs to move on from Grantham.  I'm hoping after the game last night, Mullen and Charlie Strong went out for a nice steak dinner and talked about returning to Gainesville like the good old days.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Certain types of Jet fans can keep Sam Darnold for all I care but I'll never stop raving about the highest rated QB prospect since Elway/Manning. I love this kid and dream of him in green and white. 

1551225265_Trevor_Lawrence_New_York_Jets-1024x576(2).thumb.jpg.d59c100d54f671e3372c5464ac71a7e0.jpg

My grandpa used to tell me stories of having a Franchise QB in Joe Namath and that's something being born in 1985 that I've never experienced or witnessed. 

So if me going nuts over the thought of Trevor Lawrence a JET lol that's something they'll just have to deal with ? 

At least you live in Florida so you can probably watch all of his games in Jacksonville next year.

40 minutes ago, JiF said:

Probably.  Turnover on offense, breaking in a new QB, etc.  Wouldnt surprise me if this goes back your way next year, although, you guys will be breaking in a basically a brand new secondary too...should be fun for years to come.  While we're not at your level on the recruiting trails yet, we're starting to nip at the heels a bit. 

I was watching the game with my best bud (UGA alum) and we were talking about the state of each program.  The only thing I'd worry about if I were you is (and I know it's somewhat wishful thinking but not far off) but where we are at as a program, reminds me of the early days of Dabo.  Good recruiting classes, not great, animated relatable coach, sexy offense etc but once he landed Watson it's was the program changer.  I'm not saying we have that in Jones or Richardson but they give you that element that Trask does not and will allow Mullen to use the entire playbook.   Whereas, you guys remind me a bit of LSU under Miles.  Top 5 recruiting classes year after year, too D/Run oriented, etc.  Smart has to evolve the way Miles couldnt or you guys will be in the similar, stars have to align situation they were constantly in under Miles. 

I will say this, you were 100% right about 3rd down and Grantham.  My god does that guy make some of the most mind boggling calls.   I cant imagine the D being that bad 2 years in a row but I really think Mullen needs to move on from Grantham.  I'm hoping after the game last night, Mullen and Charlie Strong went out for a nice steak dinner and talked about returning to Gainesville like the good old days.

Wow.  Not the answer I was expecting.  Thought I would get some trash talk, not a well thought out reasonable response.

You are spot on about Kirby.  I like what he has done to elevate the program and he is a great recruiter.  But he scares me.  Unless he gets into the 21st century and realizes that you need a dynamic offense to be a true Title contender, i can see us winning a lot of games, but always falling a little short.  There is a reason why, with the exception of one season where we should have won the Natty, we are always in that 5-10 range.  We are better than all but the top 4 or 5 teams in the country, but we can't score enough to beat teams like Clemson, Alabama and this year the Gators.  I am hoping Moncken helps our offense get to the next level with a legit QB in Daniels.  Although having Daniels come back with a 5-star freshman coming in, I sure hope Kirby doesn't screw it up again like he did with Fields-Fromm so we end up losing Vandagriff.

As to you guys, your season this year reminded me a lot of the Dawgs under Richt-Grantham.  Scoring a lot of points.  Not stopping anyone.  And having that one bad loss that prevents you from doing something special.  The quicker you move on from Grantham, the better from your perspective.  I like him just fine right where he is. 

I do think it will be a two team race in the East for the next few seasons.  And one of us has got to figure out how to knock Bama off their pedestal.  Beginning to hate those guys as much as the Gators.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, section314 said:

Didn’t see a play of Bama-Florida. How did the Bama QB look?

He was good, really good, actually great but Najee Harris was the SEC Championship Game MVP and a freaking HORSE!

Najee Harris: 31 RUSHES for 177 RUSHING YARDS and 2 RUSHING TDs along with another 5 receptions for 67 receiving yards and 3 TD receptions (244 offensive yards from scrimmage and 5 TD's). 

If he's available with our Seattle pick of the 1st round he's a no brainier and a must pick.

(I love Travis Etienne, but Najee Harris is the best RB within the Country and has physically manhandled the SEC after coming out of HS rated as the #1 RB within the Nation). 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Lith said:

Wow.  Not the answer I was expecting.  Thought I would get some trash talk, not a well thought out reasonable response.

You are spot on about Kirby.  I like what he has done to elevate the program and he is a great recruiter.  But he scares me.  Unless he gets into the 21st century and realizes that you need a dynamic offense to be a true Title contender, i can see us winning a lot of games, but always falling a little short.  There is a reason why, with the exception of one season where we should have won the Natty, we are always in that 5-10 range.  We are better than all but the top 4 or 5 teams in the country, but we can't score enough to beat teams like Clemson, Alabama and this year the Gators.  I am hoping Moncken helps our offense get to the next level with a legit QB in Daniels.  Although having Daniels come back with a 5-star freshman coming in, I sure hope Kirby doesn't screw it up again like he did with Fields-Fromm so we end up losing Vandagriff.

As to you guys, your season this year reminded me a lot of the Dawgs under Richt-Grantham.  Scoring a lot of points.  Not stopping anyone.  And having that one bad loss that prevents you from doing something special.  The quicker you move on from Grantham, the better from your perspective.  I like him just fine right where he is. 

I do think it will be a two team race in the East for the next few seasons.  And one of us has got to figure out how to knock Bama off their pedestal.  Beginning to hate those guys as much as the Gators.

That's a good comparison too....though, I'd like to think we're still on the upswing considering we'll be hanging another SEC East Champ banner.

Watched the game with 4 guys last night (2 Gators, 1 LSU, 1 UGA) - all of us almost in unison during Saban's post game interview said,- "please retire". lol

• Thumb Down 1

18 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

So this was the first Clemson game I've watched start to finish this year. It seemed like Lawrence was throwing to wide open receivers most of the game. Didn't look like ND's secondary could run with the Clemson skill players. Are most games like this? I would have liked to see Lawrence have to hit some tight windows or show off his ball placement on passes to WRs facing strong coverage 

Yea he sucks SMH OPEN YOUR EYES LOL. I hadn't seen much of him either but started checking him out more since the possibility of getting the #1 pick.  He has very good pocket awareness, good vision, hits wr's in stride, can drop balls in tight coverage, knows when to scramble and makes it all look very easy.  He's definitely the real deal.

9 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Yea he sucks SMH OPEN YOUR EYES

Yes it's pathetic the kid has 34 starts/38 games but yet last night was the first time he's ever watched Trevor Lawrence during a full game; and believes he can form a opinion after "one game"? lol 

This dude has literally been jumping down my throat for me making it known that Trevor Lawrence is considered the highest rated QB prospect coming out since Elway/Manning while having the nerve to question me about TL's prospect status? And you mean to tell me last night against Notre Dame was his FIRST TIME WATCHING the kid play a full game?

Disgusting. 

32 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bama vs notre Dame

Clemson vs ohio state

I hope Bama just destroys notre dame by 40 points.

Suspect you're gonna get your wish. ND gets the nod over Tex A&M because of TV, period. Either team is gonna have Alabama hang 45+ points, might as well have a bigger audience for a blowout. Found myself watching the NCAA games yesterday rather than the NFL.  Don't recall doing that ever. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Yea he sucks SMH OPEN YOUR EYES LOL. I hadn't seen much of him either but started checking him out more since the possibility of getting the #1 pick.  He has very good pocket awareness, good vision, hits wr's in stride, can drop balls in tight coverage, knows when to scramble and makes it all look very easy.  He's definitely the real deal.

Whoooooooa. Back the f*ck up. Who the hell said he sucks? I asked a question to people that watch the kid play because I dont? You're never getting him now anyway so everything can get over the man crush or just preorder your Jags jersey

2 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Whoooooooa. Back the f*ck up. Who the hell said he sucks? I asked a question to people that watch the kid play because I dont? You're never getting him now anyway so everything can get over the man crush or just preorder your Jags jersey

Do you even watch football? Especially since he’s been the consensus #1 pick for 2 years now. 

23 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Do you even watch football? Especially since he’s been the consensus #1 pick for 2 years now. 

No, I dont watch much college football. This was the first full game I watched of him this year and I said that in my original post. Again, thus why I was asking a question to the people that watch him regularly. His WRs were wide open all day long so for people that have watched him extensively, I asked how he does when his targets are covered well and ball placement is more crucial. 

There wasn't one statement about the kids talent one way or the other, so what's with the stick up your ass? 

23 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Na. He doesn't. He just demands "links" from fans who make it known Lawrence is the greatest rated QB prospect since Elway/Manning and demands "links" as evidence while never even ever watched the kid play. He literally jumped down my throat when I was talking about the kids generational QB ranking; despite never watching the kid play. Maybe if he watched him play and listened to announcers he wouldn't "demand" links ??‍♂️?

Just look @ his avatar of hands clapping; he seeks round of applauses. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

No, I dont watch much college football. This was the first full game I watched of him this year and I said that in my original post. Again, thus why I was asking a question to the people that watch him regularly. His WRs were wide open all day long so for people that have watched him extensively, I asked how he does when his targets are covered well and ball placement is more crucial. 

There wasn't one statement about the kids talent one way or the other, so what's with the stick up your ass? 

Do your own homework you little biatch momma boy 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Ah, alright. My apologies for bothering you. Happy Holidays!?

Why were you jumping down my throat while demanding "links" to support the claim that TL is the highest rated QB prospect since Elway/Manning?

Do you not watch Clemson/Lawrence games while the announcers mention it every single game or something? 

Or were you just trying to be a....

?????????

5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Na. He doesn't. He just demands "links" from fans who make it known Lawrence is the greatest rated QB prospect since Elway/Manning and demands "links" as evidence while never even ever watched the kid play. He literally jumped down my throat when I was talking about the kids generational QB ranking; despite never watching the kid play. Maybe if he watched him play and listened to announcers he wouldn't "demand" links ??‍♂️?

Just look @ his avatar of hands clapping; he seeks round of applauses. 

Come on now, you're going to talk about seeking applause? 

But in all seriousness, sorry about yesterday's win dude. I've been pissed off since the second Gore caught that pass because I was starting to get really excited for TL. I'm sure you must be on another level of disappointed with how high you are on him. Fingers crossed Jax pulls out a win but I'm not hopeful. They look like a team that's completely checked out. To their credit, at least the Jets still look like they've been fighting every game. 

??

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Why were you jumping down my throat while demanding "links" to support the claim that TL is the highest rated QB prospect since Elway/Manning?

Do you not watch Clemson/Lawrence games while the announcers mention it every single game or something? 

Or were you just trying to be a....

?????????

I don't know why but I just never got into college football growing up. Probably because for every sport I was always a fan of local teams and NY doesn't have much of a college football presence. So when it comes to the draft, I rely on you guys here that know your sh*t for info on the college players. I'm one of the people that's skeptical of that "generational" label because I've seen it used too many times on players that end up nothing special. The whole thing with asking you for a link was because I was genuinely interested in reading analysts/"experts" discuss TL as the best prospect since Manning/Elway.  I'm around your age, the most talked about "generational" prospect of my life was Luck and he turned out to be pretty damn good. You grabbed my interest that TL is that level if prospect. 

As much as I try not to get my hopes up about anything Jets, you definitely got me pumped about the possibility of TL with the way you talked him up. Of course at that point we would need to win and probably will never have a shot at the kid ???‍♂️

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

I don't know why but I just never got into college football growing up. Probably because for every sport I was always a fan of local teams and NY doesn't have much of a college football presence. So when it comes to the draft, I rely on you guys here that know your sh*t for info on the college players. I'm one of the people that's skeptical of that "generational" label because I've seen it used too many times on players that end up nothing special. The whole thing with asking you for a link was because I was genuinely interested in reading analysts/"experts" discuss TL as the best prospect since Manning/Elway.  I'm around your age, the most talked about "generational" prospect of my life was Luck and he turned out to be pretty damn good. You grabbed my interest that TL is that level if prospect. 

As much as I try not to get my hopes up about anything Jets, you definitely got me pumped about the possibility of TL with the way you talked him up. Of course at that point we would need to win and probably will never have a shot at the kid ???‍♂️

It's all good man sorry for getting your hopes up. Just please ? for a Jags win over Chicago/Indy so I can get your hopes up even more ?

If we draft TL I'm putting up 100 hands clapping as my JN avatar ?

• Upvote 1