Why the # 1 pick is SO important

Maxman

I get it.  Look I’m not saying I don’t want Lawrence.  I’m just not the type of guy that openly roots for losses.  I played basketball in high school and college and was very competitive.  Same way as a fan.  But even if we get Lawrence we need to build around him.  He  can’t do it himself.  The same applied for Mahomes.  As great of a player as he is I think we have to admit that his team is absolutely loaded and he has a world class head coach.  That makes a huge difference on how a QB can ultimately have big success.  We made a huge mistake with Sam by not giving him more help and obviously better coaching 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I get it.  Look I’m not saying I don’t want Lawrence.  I’m just not the type of guy that openly roots for losses.  I played basketball in high school and college and was very competitive.  Same way as a fan.  But even if we get Lawrence we need to build around him.  He  can’t do it himself.  The same applied for Mahomes.  As great of a player as he is I think we have to admit that his team is absolutely loaded and he has a world class head coach.  That makes a huge difference on how a QB can ultimately have big success 

Chiefs roster is silly with offensive talent. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Just like Buffalo did with Josh Allen. They turned that offense to elite when they traded for Stephon Diggs. 

They turned that offense elite when they brought in a coaching staff that knew how to build it to the strengths of the roster.  Something we have yet to figure out how to do.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Just like Buffalo did with Josh Allen. They turned that offense to elite when they traded for Stephon Diggs. 

Yeah that’s why I feel it could have turned out different with Sam if we gave the kid more to work with and set him up to fail.  Can’t make that mistake again 

• Upvote 2

1st play - Ugly throw on simple swing play

2nd play - throw was another swing out

3rd play - great throw for a 1st down

4th play - bad throw but it was there for the WR to make a great play on it

5th play - good strong run plus face mask

6th play - another simple swing pass

7th play - pickle thrown directly to two defenders

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

It’s becoming clear, there’s one prime QB prospect in this draft. Then there’s like 3 other guys who warrant first round picks but not guys you tank for.

Yeah agree you can’t over think it either because it sounds like there are a couple of game changers at other important positions like OT WR and Edge rusher

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

It’s becoming clear, there’s one prime QB prospect in this draft. Then there’s like 3 other guys who warrant first round picks but not guys you tank for.

If the Jets do pick 2nd and Sewell is willing to play RT he has to be the pick, just keep building the TEAM/ROSTER the right way and the QB will come.

• Upvote 2