Why the # 1 pick is SO important

Maxman

17 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Yeah agree you can’t over think it either because it sounds like there are a couple of game changers at other important positions like OT WR and Edge rusher

Since you were the one who was highest on Mahomes, I wonder what your thoughts are on Trey Lance.  

28 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

The QB just has to be competent. Its great if QB is a stud, but look at Allen, he is OK, but mentally has issues but his OL allows him time now not to make the bad call. The thing that turned Bills into good team was the new GM in his 1st year spent all his free agent cash on FIVE Off Linemen and he made a trade to get a high draft pick used on another OffLinemen. Bills in 1 offseason had 5 new OffLineman most of who were veterans.

People forget to mention how much Allen's mobility helps his O-line. The defensive lineman are forced to rush with contain because Allen will gash them.

If you don't contain him, he can easily rush for 100 yards. 

3 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

After watching Fields yesterday I would never draft him.  Build that line, more weapons, a new coach to help Sam. 

if Sam sucks then the team is built to help the next QB. 

Don’t just draft a qb because they have not sucked yet in the nfl. 

Why not just bring back Flacco if the plan is to run it back with what we have?  Flacco > Darnold.

• Sympathy 1

On 12/19/2020 at 3:43 PM, Maxman said:

Justin Fields today

image.png

Zach Wilson - look at 2019

image.png

Trevor is all that matters.

You jinxed us lol. 

I am so beyond livid, I desperately need someone to blame lol. The reality is, just like things played out in a way to ensure Manning didn't become a Jet, Lawrence was never going to end up a Jet. And I dont mean that he would have refused to play for us, I mean that the football Gods never would have let it happen. 

On a positive note for TL and the Jags: Todays win pretty much makes it an absolute certainty that TL ends up being the next great QB