NFL Saturday Games

Best of luck. I like your odds as Broncos secondary is seriously banged up, and bills should be able to put up plenty of points. The only thing that would make me nervous for that pick is the bills porous defense against the running game, and the broncos hanging around and eating up time. 

1 minute ago, BroadwayBen said:

Best of luck. I like your odds as Broncos secondary is seriously banged up, and bills should be able to put up plenty of points. The only thing that would make me nervous for that pick is the bills porous defense against the running game, and the broncos hanging around and eating up time. 

I was shocked when I seen the spread. 

I think the thing that strikes me about Allen is the mount of time to throw that he has because of his ability to move inside and outside the pocket (and just sort of throw some people around). I think this is very visible thing you can point to in how the Bills supported Allen and the Jets didn't Darnold. 

Sam isn't the phsyical freak, but he can escape the pocket and make a play, but Gase is so adamant on him making the play from the pocket that he doesn't get that extra 0.5 - 1 second that Allen has been able to get to find the right guy. That's allowed Allen to gain confidence and now he's getting better at knowing where to go with the ball while Darnold has just been hammered into flighty, scared play and pushes the ball out to avoid the sack.

The Bills accepted that sometimes Allen is going to boneheaded things moving around and trying to make a play, but the tradeoff in letting him make a play is worth it. If Gase was able to adjust his offense just a little to have Darnold be a little more Darnold then it may not have come to this, but Gase can't be flexible at all. He has to eject players who don't play his offense exactly the way he wants..

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I think the thing that strikes me about Allen is the mount of time to throw that he has because of his ability to move inside and outside the pocket (and just sort of throw some people around). I think this is very visible thing you can point to in how the Bills supported Allen and the Jets didn't Darnold. 

Sam isn't the phsyical freak, but he can escape the pocket and make a play, but Gase is so adamant on him making the play from the pocket that he doesn't get that extra 0.5 - 1 second that Allen has been able to get to find the right guy. That's allowed Allen to gain confidence and now he's getting better at knowing where to go with the ball while Darnold has just been hammered into flighty, scared play and pushes the ball out to avoid the sack.

The Bills accepted that sometimes Allen is going to boneheaded things moving around and trying to make a play, but the tradeoff in letting him make a play is worth it. If Gase was able to adjust his offense just a little to have Darnold be a little more Darnold then it may not have come to this, but Gase can't be flexible at all. He has to eject players who don't play his offense exactly the way he wants..

Coaching to where football is going

• Upvote 2