NFL Saturday Games

Just now, QB1 said:

Yes, my point was simply that if Josh Allen put up the passing numbers he did over his first two years he would have been ran out of town. This entire forum was calling him a RB.

because he was another AFC East team's QB... same reason people refused to see Darnold's warts. 

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And just think, we lost to this Broncos team.  At Home.  After they flew cross country.  On a short week.  Against their 3rd string QB.

Stunning throw.  Cannon arm.  Why can't you be our QB?  So our coaches could have ruined you, Josh.

Honestly who is watching with Sunshine playing right now

3 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Yes, my point was simply that if Josh Allen put up the passing numbers he did over his first two years he would have been ran out of town. This entire forum was calling him a RB.

Well, yeah.  But then he became a star in Year 3 while Darnold sh*t himself.  With new information comes a new evaluation.

Allen having a turnaround the likes of which never been seen in the history of the NFL isn't exactly a good way to go about trying to defend Darnold.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well, yeah.  But then he became a star in Year 3 while Darnold sh*t himself.  With new information comes a new evaluation.

Allen having a turnaround the likes of which never been seen in the history of the NFL isn't exactly a good way to go about trying to defend Darnold.  

I am not debating that Josh Allen isn’t an elite QB now. I called him the 4th QB in the NFL last week. And I wasn’t defending Darnold either-  you guys need to chill the f out.

Just now, QB1 said:

Right, you saw this coming in Josh Allen. Give me a break. 

I did.. also called Darnold not having it as well as Mac being a fraud when he was hired and lambasted Gase from before he was hired. Feel free to go through my posting history. 

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

I did.. also called Darnold not having it as well as Mac being a fraud when he was hired and lambasted Gase from before he was hired. Feel free to go through my posting history. 

I’m all set

13 minutes ago, QB1 said:

I am not debating that Josh Allen isn’t an elite QB now. I called him the 4th QB in the NFL last week. And I wasn’t defending Darnold either-  you guys need to chill the f out.

OK?  So what was your point then?  Just saying words to say them?

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

OK?  So what was your point then?  Just saying words to say them?

My point is literally what I said. If Josh Allen was a jet, he would have been ran out of town after year 2. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The same team that gave Mark Sanchez nearly half a decade?  Nope.  

We were a winning team in half of those seasons, if Sanchez played like that on a losing team, like this one?

Buffalo hasn't won a single playoff game since dating back to 25 years ago of 1995. 

They haven't proven anything nor accomplished nothing yet; other than jumping out to a fast start within a Bradyless division. 

Josh Allen vs. Houston (Wildcard Game😞 24/46 (52.1%), 264 yards, 0 TDs/0 INTs and a QB Rating of only 69.5 (and completely fell apart throughout the entire 2nd half one of the worst 2nd half postseason performances of All-Time). 

Let's see Buffalo win their first playoff game since 1995 25 years ago while witnessing Josh Allen win his first playoff game without absolutely crapping the bed during postseason play; before we crown Buffalo the new Patriots dynasty and/or Josh Allen the next Time Brady. 

Etc. 

If the playoffs started today it's Indianapolis @ Buffalo and Philip Rivers is having an awesome year within his own right and the Colts are 9-4 overall and balling out within their own right (4-1 previous 5) and I'd bet my $ a veteran Rivers out performs Allen come playoff football. 

28 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Buffalo hasn't won a single playoff game since dating back to 25 years ago of 1995. 

They haven't proven anything nor accomplished nothing yet; other than jumping out to a fast start within a Bradyless division. 

Josh Allen vs. Houston (Wildcard Game😞 24/46 (52.1%), 264 yards, 0 TDs/0 INTs and a QB Rating of only 69.5 (and completely fell apart throughout the entire 2nd half one of the worst 2nd half postseason performances of All-Time). 

Let's see Buffalo win their first playoff game since 1995 25 years ago while witnessing Josh Allen win his first playoff game without absolutely crapping the bed during postseason play; before we crown Buffalo the new Patriots dynasty and/or Josh Allen the next Time Brady. 

Etc. 

If the playoffs started today it's Indianapolis @ Buffalo and Philip Rivers is having an awesome year within his own right and the Colts are 9-4 overall and balling out within their own right (4-1 previous 5) and I'd bet my $ a veteran Rivers out performs Allen come playoff football. 

It's okay to give them some credit.  They have accomplished something.  They won a Division, somthing we have not done in 18 years and only 4 times in our 60 year history.  They get a home playoff game, something we have only done 6 times in our history.  They have made the playoffs.  Something we have not done for 10 years.

You can't win playoff games woithout first getting there.  They have a good team.  How good?  We will find out in January.

• Upvote 3
40 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Etc. 

I think you’d lose your money.

In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if Buffalo beat Indianapolis by double digits.

Buffalo is that much better than Indianapolis. 

The Colts have had a cupcake schedule, beating the Bears, Bengals, Jets, Vikings, Lions, Texans, etc. While losing to the majority of the good teams they’ve played. They lost to the Jags too, somehow.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

It's okay to give them some credit.  They have accomplished something.  They won a Division, somthing we have not done in 18 years and only 4 times in our 60 year history.  They get a home playoff game, something we have only done 6 times in our history.  They have made the playoffs.  Something we have not done for 10 years.

You can't win playoff games woithout first getting there.  They have a good team.  How good?  We will find out in January.

Yea you're right but if Josh Allen melts down again during Wild Card weekend and Bills make it 26 years in a row without a single playoff win imo the AFC East will once again become wide open come 2021. 

In 1996 we went 1-15 and then immediately went 9-7 the following season of 1997; a lot can change in one offseason...

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

His numbers were about equivalent with Darnold and most of this board was still on the Sam bandwagon until this season started and he looked worse..

What people seem to miss is how much the narrative of the season has to do with things. The Bills weren't expecting to be good that year they started Nathan Peterman for Christ sakes. That lasted like a half and then they threw the rookie in.  He gets his starts against the Ravens and defensively stout Chargers team. Doesn't really go well but then he plays the Vikings in a game where they're literally predicted to be blown out and proceeds to pull an UNO reverse winning that game and in the process jumps over a ******* linebacker. That's the kind of thing that gets a fanbase behind a kid. Goes out with injury for a stretch comes back and has three 100+ rushing yd games in a row and caps the season obliterating the Dolphins. 

Bills his rookie year won 6 games of despite a 4 game stretch he was out and of the games they won he was the QB for 5 of them. If he'd done similar things for the Jets in his rookie year the fans would of given him another year. If he was a major part of the team making the playoffs you'd still be with him a 3rd year. I mean the bigger question isn't if fans would of still been with Josh in year 2 but if the Jets would of made the moves to help him keep developing.

• Upvote 2
10 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yea you're right but if Josh Allen melts down again during Wild Card weekend and Bills make it 26 years in a row without a single playoff win imo the AFC East will once again become wide open come 2021. 

In 1996 we went 1-15 and then immediately went 9-7 the following season of 1997; a lot can change in one offseason...

I am not calling them a dynasty or anything.  THey have had a really nice 2020.  What it means for the playoffs or for 2021 and beyond.  Who knows.  I sure hope we can find a way to be competitive next season, because these seasons where we are out of it by Halloween have gotten really old.  I want to see some meaningful football on Sundays in December.  This losing stuff really sucks.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Facts said:

I think you’d lose your money.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Buffalo beat Indianapolis by double digits.

The Colts have had a cupcake schedule, beating the Bears, Bengals, Jets, Vikings, Lions, Texans, etc. While losing to the majority of the good teams they’ve played. They lost to the Jags too, somehow.

That loss vs. Jax was week 1 during Rivers first ever game as a Colt and they've since gone 9-3 and also beat Aaron Rodgers and the Packers while splitting with Tennessee who made it to the AFC Championship Game last year.

Bills have a lot of wins against not so good teams outside of Pittsburgh ala Jets 2x, Dolphins 1x, Pats 1x, Chargers, San Fran and Denver etc lost to KC and was destroyed by Tennessee. 

I'm just not a believer (yet). 

18 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

That loss vs. Jax was week 1 during Rivers first ever game as a Colt and they've since gone 9-3 and also beat Aaron Rodgers and the Packers while splitting with Tennessee who made it to the AFC Championship Game last year.

Bills have a lot of wins against not so good teams outside of Pittsburgh ala Jets 2x, Dolphins 1x, Pats 1x, Chargers, San Fran and Denver etc lost to KC and was destroyed by Tennessee. 

The Bills have beat the most teams with a winning record in the league.

• Upvote 4
14 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I think the thing that strikes me about Allen is the mount of time to throw that he has because of his ability to move inside and outside the pocket (and just sort of throw some people around). I think this is very visible thing you can point to in how the Bills supported Allen and the Jets didn't Darnold. 

Sam isn't the phsyical freak, but he can escape the pocket and make a play, but Gase is so adamant on him making the play from the pocket that he doesn't get that extra 0.5 - 1 second that Allen has been able to get to find the right guy. That's allowed Allen to gain confidence and now he's getting better at knowing where to go with the ball while Darnold has just been hammered into flighty, scared play and pushes the ball out to avoid the sack.

The Bills accepted that sometimes Allen is going to boneheaded things moving around and trying to make a play, but the tradeoff in letting him make a play is worth it. If Gase was able to adjust his offense just a little to have Darnold be a little more Darnold then it may not have come to this, but Gase can't be flexible at all. He has to eject players who don't play his offense exactly the way he wants..

I couldn't agree with the bolded part more. A huge part of the problem with Sam falling into a crevasse falls squarely on Gase, so much so it's almost unreal. What I mean by that is of the abysmal number of old flashes we saw from Sam this year, none of them - and I do mean none of them -  had anything to do with Gase's inept game plan(s). 

Darnold did it to Jeremy Bates on several occasions (which Bates didn't like, btw). He went off script; and that is when Sam had the most success. Instead of developing that aspect of his game it appears his budding ability to improvise was crushed out of him and rigidity and boxing him in conversely made him rudderless. Arrested development for real.

The only thing I can come up with on this is that Gase is one of those people who are belligerently overconfident in their actual abilities. It becomes a form of intimidation where their own shortcomings get shifted to being the other person or persons lack. Sam Darnold is 23 years old and the light has gone out of his eyes. He looks like he has completely lost confidence in himself and wants the season to be over just as much as everyone who isn't Adam Gase.

I'm stunned that after being so happy three years ago I feel like I had my heart torn out. And Jets did a tap dance on it . . . AGAIN. There I was really thinking this is it, it's really gonna change now and here we all are . . . AGAIN. I'm so sick of being in a perpetual state of crestfallen suck, but no worries, I'll continue to touch the stove. It's not like I've lost the ability to learn, I know that burner is hot. Comes a point where you stare at your hands and honestly ask yourself when is it enough? Just stupid, I guess. : /

• Upvote 1

What we all overlooked about Allen is he has the  stupid/doesn't give a sh*t/poker face that Eli Manning brought to two SB wins against Tom Brady.  

I hope when Douglas is scouting Lawrence, Lawrence looks him in the eye with that nobodies home look that screams NFL ready.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
23 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nice come up right there I bet my entire paycheck on Clemson @ our local game room earlier today can't wait to collect tomorrow I might take my profit winnings and put it all on Rams over NYJ (playing with the house money now) 🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑 

23 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Don't you f*cking dare. The universe dislikes you as much as the rest of us do and may have the Jets win to take your paycheck and Lawrence. 

WHAT THE F*CK DID I TELL YOU?!

22 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Colts struggled to beat the 4-10 Texans today.

The Bills have one of the highest Strength Of Victories (SOV) among playoff teams. In other words, they’ve beaten more good teams than most teams.