Should Trevor Lawrence spurn the New York Jets? (Mike Greenberg)

Marshmello

He's the worst. 

Whenever I do listen to him, I always come away with the idea that he likes the Jets to be bad so he can whine, and complain about them. That's his schtick. 

Do you think he even understands that Trevor Lawrence isn't Archie Manning's kid? He's talking about Trevor like Archie is going to be making career decisions for him. All because he went to the Manning Passing Academy. Something that lots of the top players in High School go to and many college QB's attend as well. 

• Upvote 2

Do you guys blame him honestly? I’m exactly 30 years old and I feel like I’m at my tipping point with this team. Imagine being in your 50s and 60s? You guys should see my hairline. This team is not good for my health.

I want TL more than the next guy but would you seriously blame him if he decided to not want to come here? Our incompetent owner is a good enough excuse alone to avoid this franchise. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 4

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Do you guys blame him honestly? I’m exactly 30 years old and I feel like I’m at my tipping point with this team. Imagine being in your 50s and 60s? You guys should see my hairline. This team is not good for my health.

I want TL more than the next guy but would you seriously blame him if he decided to not want to come here? Our incompetent owner is a good enough excuse alone to avoid this franchise. 

No matter which team drafts Lawrence is going to be bad. That’s why they have the number 1 pick. What kind of a Jets fan would want the best QB to come out of the draft to spurn the Jets. A Fool!

• Upvote 2

Hasn’t Lawrence said he won’t oppose going to the Jets if selected by us. And there’s little doubt the Jets will not get the first overall pick or choose Lawrence. IMO a no brainer for him to agree to sign with us. If he turns out to be that good he’s a guy made for the biggest media market in the country. Look at the opportunities Joe Willie had even though a terrible actor he made movies, he’s still making commercials. So NYC could be a big deal for Lawrence all he has to do is be great. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They brought Greenberg back to do an hour midday slot on ESPN Radio where he just spits out inane hot takes for forty minutes and I was like, what’s the market for this? Who wanted this? 

ESPN is on the fast track to having Stephen A Smith yelling about whatever and Greenberg nodding for like 12 of their programmable hours a day

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They brought Greenberg back to do an hour midday slot on ESPN Radio where he just spits out inane hot takes for forty minutes and I was like, what’s the market for this? Who wanted this? 

I was just going to say this exact same thing.  Greeny has taken the Colin Cowherd turn and likely doesn't even believe the things he says anymore.   This is what ESPN rewards, cheesedickery like this.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I'm in my 50s, a couple of years younger than Greenberg.  Part of his schtick is to be overly optimistic about the Jets, predicting that the Jets will go 16-0 or saying that whoever their QB is at the time is the best in the NFL.  Sometimes that amuses me.  The other side to his act is to be a sad sack Jets fan.  When we lived in CT, my wife owned a beading / jewelry store in Westport.  One time, "Greeny" brought his daughter in for a party and my wife recognized him.  She told him that her husband was a big Jets fan too, and his response was "Tell him I feel sorry for him".  That sh*te gets old quick.

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Well, for starters, half the yokels on this board are self-appointed hot takes guys and the market for them seems to be each other. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Greeny... stop calling yourself a Jets fan and saying this stuff.  Or hope that Eisen doesn't sew you in the hallways.

Love Eisen.  Look at difference at Eisen's take on Lawrence to Jets.  Greeny better not be around the Jets when we turn this thing around. Eisen can be the voice of the Jets fans in the media

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Well, for starters, half the yokels on this board are self-appointed hot takes guys and the market for them seems to be each other. 

Show me one mother****er on here who incessantly repeats the phrase “What does this mean for LeBron’s legacy?” and I‘ll gladly dump his body in a river. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Hasn’t Lawrence said he won’t oppose going to the Jets if selected by us. And there’s little doubt the Jets will not get the first overall pick or choose Lawrence. IMO a no brainer for him to agree to sign with us. If he turns out to be that good he’s a guy made for the biggest media market in the country. Look at the opportunities Joe Willie had even though a terrible actor he made movies, he’s still making commercials. So NYC could be a big deal for Lawrence all he has to do is be great. 

The Greenberg sound bite may have been posted only recently but its a few weeks old. Trevor Lawrence more recently interviewed on the Dan Patrick Show said he would be happy to help play a role in rebuilding whatever NFL franchise picks him at the top of the draft.

He understands he is going to a lousy football team. He indicated in the interview, that he is  accepting of  his destiny of going to a completely crap football team devoid of any talent. 

• Upvote 1